The coach the team needs (who might be too old)

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Skins History Buff

The coach the team needs (who might be too old)

Postby welch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Suffering through the game and reading about the Shanahan will-he/should-he/what-does-the-Danny-say threads, I remembered the coach the Redskins need, the only coach who brought order in the last decade. Discovered he's coaching youth football, although he sounds absolutely unavailable.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--the-g ... 00202.html

~~~~~~

Re: The coach the team needs (who might be too old)

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:12 pm

We do not need a new coach.

We need a new owner.

It does not matter who comes in with an owner who cannot stop interfering negatively with the team.

Why would Joe stop doing what is important to him with grandchildren in exchange for a failure with Snyder? Please just say no, Joe.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:02 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:We do not need a new coach.

We need a new owner.

It does not matter who comes in with an owner who cannot stop interfering negatively with the team.

Why would Joe stop doing what is important to him with grandchildren in exchange for a failure with Snyder? Please just say no, Joe.

Yes. Thar's why I said he was "absolutely unavailable". Note the comment about not having been around his family as the kids were growing up. Maybe he would take the job for a month?

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:02 pm

If Gibbs is not available, I would like to see them give Marty Schottenheimer a call. He is a no BS type coach and with the resources available next year I think he could help the Redskins become winners.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:14 pm

After the way Shotty was treated by our owner before, there is a less than ZERO chance that he's leaving his lake house in NC to come here. He's been very clear that there are two folks in the NFL he can't stand. AJ Smith is one and our owner is the other.

We love our team but you have to understand that the Skins job isn't a coveted one by big named coaches. Our owner does not allow coaches to clean up messes. The fan's reaction is now or never. That isn't going to work bring in a big name. You're going to get either retreads who've under performed in HC roles or you're going to get a college coach who, in all likelihood will be only coming for the money. We all know how that's worked for other teams.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:55 am

We need a new owner.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Snyder is the problem with this team. No coach can fix this team until he's gone or completely stays out of interfering with the team.

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:26 am

So what if the problem is Snyder? It's not like the team owner can be ousted. Therefore, the focus needs to be on those parts of the team that can be replaced, and the best place to start is the Shannys and Haslett...the problem is finding personnel who can fill these positions who are 1) good enough to be effective with this team and 2) willing and able to take the job....Shotty or Cower would be good HCs, but I doubt either would be interested...getting Greg Williams back would be a good choice for DC, but I have no idea what he's up to these days....

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:31 am

We need a new owner.

In what way has Dan Snyder interfered negatively with the team in the last four years?
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:36 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:We do not need a new coach. We need a new owner.

ain't it the truth :D

most fans here put ALL the blame on the HC and guys like Kyle, Jim and Ken - IT's EVERYONE - owner, coaching staff and players

HOWEVER - the BIGGEST PROBLEM here is Dan Snyder - he cannot stay away from the players and interfering with the coaching staff

I'm not sure that Mike even wants top be here and I'm not a fan of his coaching style … BUT - which coach, who is worth anything, would want to come here?
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:40 am

UK Skins Fan wrote: In what way has Dan Snyder interfered negatively with the team in the last four years?

THAT is what the whole mess is about - apparently Snyder has been 'in touch' with Robert on more than one occasion and in a way that pissed off Mike
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:50 am

A former player said on twitter yesterday during the game that Snyder goes into the lockerroom at halftime of EVERY game. What's Snyder going to go except get in the way?

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:52 am

frankcal20 wrote:A former player said on twitter yesterday during the game that Snyder goes into the lockerroom at halftime of EVERY game. What's Snyder going to go except get in the way?

Wonderful. Is there anyway we can get other Redskins board members to vote that fool out of power?
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

-----------

Postby Smithian » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:56 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:

We need a new owner.

In what way has Dan Snyder interfered negatively with the team in the last four years?
Apparently an owner having a closer relationship with the face of the franchise QB is an unheard of thing. Snyder going out to dinner with the QB who gave his team a respectable season after 4 years of hell was just too much for Shanahan to stomach.

I'm just no longer on the Snyder blame train. I'm not as pro-Snyder as this guy http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/12/9/5191 ... kc-clyburn but I'm getting there. I blame Snyder for all issues pre-Gibbs but it seems he has really improved.

On topic, Gibbs gave us four years that were comparatively great to what we've dealt with since. Good hire by Snyder to go against critics and bring back the legend and give him plenty of control. For better or worse, I consider Gibbs II a success in retrospect.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

-----------

Postby Smithian » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:00 am

frankcal20 wrote:A former player said on twitter yesterday during the game that Snyder goes into the lockerroom at halftime of EVERY game. What's Snyder going to go except get in the way?
Snyder should have gone down at halftime of the Seahawks playoff game and told him if RGIII steps on the field in the second half he will be fired on the spot. Shanahan trotted his broken down horse on to the field while every sane Redskins fan screamed at the TV for Cousins. Shanahan then acted flabbergasted as his one legged QB blew the lead and eventually got hurt even worse. I don't care what excuse he has or what Andrews said, any human being with eyes knew it was time to get him out of there.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

-----------

Postby Smithian » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:06 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:We do not need a new coach. We need a new owner.

ain't it the truth :D

most fans here put ALL the blame on the HC and guys like Kyle, Jim and Ken - IT's EVERYONE - owner, coaching staff and players

HOWEVER - the BIGGEST PROBLEM here is Dan Snyder - he cannot stay away from the players and interfering with the coaching staff

I'm not sure that Mike even wants top be here and I'm not a fan of his coaching style … BUT - which coach, who is worth anything, would want to come here?
Gibbs came back, Shanahan took the job....

There are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs in the world. Those jobs pay well. And let's be honest, almost any coach who would consider turning down a head coaching job is either an assistant lacking fire or a retread. Find someone new with a bit of fire.

Can it be worse than a head coach whose feelings were hurt because his young star QB who played a huge part in turning the franchise around after the coach gave up on them all of a sudden was really popular? If only RGIII kept his head down and was understated like John Beck Rex Grossman. Heck, Shanahan was so put off by his popularity he kept running the read option over and over and over and over with him until he finally couldn't in the second half of the Seahawks game.

I used to be a huge Shanahan fan but not any more. Shanahan has had ugly divorces with Jake Plummer, Donovan McNabb, and is about to have one with RGIII. Eventually you have to look in the mirror.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football