Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:52 am

Funny how people are quick to blame Shanahan, even after this information has come out. Now I admit, I did place the blame squarely on him (foolishly thinking that Snyder did in fact stay out of meddling in the football side of the team). But now there's no doubt in my mind we have another Zorn-Portis-Snyder rift with Shanahan-Griffin-Snyder. I even read that after the Cleveland Browns game last year, Snyder completely walked right by Kirk Cousins, didn't even acknowledge the guy existed, and walked right over to Griffin and began to fawn over him. That really po'ed Shanny.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:08 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Funny how people are quick to blame Shanahan, even after this information has come out. Now I admit, I did place the blame squarely on him (foolishly thinking that Snyder did in fact stay out of meddling in the football side of the team). But now there's no doubt in my mind we have another Zorn-Portis-Snyder rift with Shanahan-Griffin-Snyder. I even read that after the Cleveland Browns game last year, Snyder completely walked right by Kirk Cousins, didn't even acknowledge the guy existed, and walked right over to Griffin and began to fawn over him. That really po'ed Shanny.

Its funny man, because I've been a Shanahan defender. But I'm just not buying into all of this sniping. "Snyder walked completely by Kirk Cousins..." It sounds so freaking petty. What does that have to do with the 45-10 *** whipping the Chiefs just laid on you? You know what I mean?

I know you probably agree with me about that. My point is it that it really looks like Shanahan is trying to shift the blame on Snyder for all of this, and I'm not sure I buy it.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:15 pm

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Funny how people are quick to blame Shanahan, even after this information has come out. Now I admit, I did place the blame squarely on him (foolishly thinking that Snyder did in fact stay out of meddling in the football side of the team). But now there's no doubt in my mind we have another Zorn-Portis-Snyder rift with Shanahan-Griffin-Snyder. I even read that after the Cleveland Browns game last year, Snyder completely walked right by Kirk Cousins, didn't even acknowledge the guy existed, and walked right over to Griffin and began to fawn over him. That really po'ed Shanny.

Its funny man, because I've been a Shanahan defender. But I'm just not buying into all of this sniping. "Snyder walked completely by Kirk Cousins..." It sounds so freaking petty. What does that have to do with the 45-10 *** whipping the Chiefs just laid on you? You know what I mean?

I know you probably agree with me about that. My point is it that it really looks like Shanahan is trying to shift the blame on Snyder for all of this, and I'm not sure I buy it.

+1 You hit the nail on the head Rigofan

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:45 pm

I've been saying Snyder has more to do with this than most believe for some time on here. Snyder is at the root of the problem; he always has and always will. He doesn't know how to be "hands off", no matter how much he wants to make it appear that way. And I don't think that MS is trying to say Snyder is the issue; but when it comes to Snyder -- history just keeps repeating itself over and over and over again. We keep seeing the same Danny failures happen again and again.

First Norv couldn't coach, then Schott was a control freak, then the old ball coach couldn't get the NFL, then people were saying Gibbs was over-the-hill (which the people that said it now deny.......), then Zorn was an idiot, and now MS has some issue. It's always the coach, but never the owner......... :roll:

JKC (a great owner) had majority ownership for the skins for 25 years -- during that time he had 5 HCs. Meanwhile Snyder has had majority for 14 and has burned thru 7 HCs (soon to be a total of 8 HCs). MS is NOT the problem; he is just another in a long list of issues spurned by Danny boy.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:35 pm

riggofan wrote:

I think there's obviously much, much more to the story than whats being let out. But yeah, I do agree that Snyder dissing Cousins isn't what caused the whoppin' yesterday, but it still would cause a rift in the locker room if he's showing preferential treatment to Griffin.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:41 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:

I think there's obviously much, much more to the story than whats being let out. But yeah, I do agree that Snyder dissing Cousins isn't what caused the whoppin' yesterday, but it still would cause a rift in the locker room if he's showing preferential treatment to Griffin.

A good coach overcomes this. Petty things shouldn't derail you. If the guys in the locker room got their feelings hurt because Robert was favored then they aren't acting professional either. Maybe everyone is to blame, but I give Shanahan the most responsibility seeing as this is what he agreed to in his hiring. I am talking about being responsible. Not some drama.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:A good coach overcomes this. Petty things shouldn't derail you. If the guys in the locker room got their feelings hurt because Robert was favored then they aren't acting professional either. Maybe everyone is to blame, but I give Shanahan the most responsibility seeing as this is what he agreed to in his hiring. I am talking about being responsible. Not some drama.

You're right about petty things should not derail you. But if there's much more to the story that's not being let out, perhaps Shanahan knew there was mounting frustration in the locker room amongst the players but also knew his hands were tied. I don't know who to place the blame on, but the thought of Griffin being a toxin in the locker room scares the hell out of me.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:20 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:A good coach overcomes this. Petty things shouldn't derail you. If the guys in the locker room got their feelings hurt because Robert was favored then they aren't acting professional either. Maybe everyone is to blame, but I give Shanahan the most responsibility seeing as this is what he agreed to in his hiring. I am talking about being responsible. Not some drama.

You're right about petty things should not derail you. But if there's much more to the story that's not being let out, perhaps Shanahan knew there was mounting frustration in the locker room amongst the players but also knew his hands were tied. I don't know who to place the blame on, but the thought of Griffin being a toxin in the locker room scares the hell out of me.

I know you hate to hear this but Robert is a yougin. There is a saying "Young and dumb" He has the smarts but lacks wisdom in some areas. He is smarter than the average 23 year old that's for sure. I think the picks are worth it. He needs someone to help him succeed.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

I know you hate to hear this but Robert is a yougin. There is a saying "Young and dumb" He has the smarts but lacks wisdom in some areas. He is smarter than the average 23 year old that's for sure. I think the picks are worth it. He needs someone to help him succeed.

Robert needs grown-ups around him. That meaning coaches and the owner. It seems we're lacking a bit in that regard. Imagine what this team would be like with Belichek at the helm. I don't like the guy (Belichek) but you KNOW he would keep Snyder in his place.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:33 pm

This is why you need backbone. Someone with authority. A disciplinarian that wont give up.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Robert needs grown-ups around him. That meaning coaches and the owner. It seems we're lacking a bit in that regard. Imagine what this team would be like with Belichek at the helm. I don't like the guy (Belichek) but you KNOW he would keep Snyder in his place.

Belichek would NEVER come to a franchise with an owner like Snyder. And, theoretically, if he did, it would end in a similar fashion to Schotts tenure.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:41 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I don't know who to place the blame on, but the thought of Griffin being a toxin in the locker room scares the hell out of me.

I don't believe that for a moment.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Deadskins wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I don't know who to place the blame on, but the thought of Griffin being a toxin in the locker room scares the hell out of me.

Never said it was true, just the thought scares me.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:13 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Never said it was true, just the thought scares me.

Of course you don't want your QB, the leader of the team, to be a clubhouse cancer. Who would? But I don't think there's any shot in hell of RGIII becoming that.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:21 am

:lol: that reminds me of a lot of the 'reports' we're getting these days …

It's NOT factual AT ALL - "we'll just put it 'out there' and see what happens … who cares, really"

this seems to be especially true with ANYTHING to do with this franchise - it's been like that for years
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football