RG3 - Facts and BS - the final 3 weeks

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

RG3 - Facts and BS - the final 3 weeks

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:24 pm

Mike has said that he feels that Robert is 100% but at this time he might sit him for the rest of the season ..

Mike feels that the 24 sacks in the past few games are 'troubling' and he will evaluate playing RG3 before the Falcons game

IF RG3 is held out of the Falcons game then Mike has indicated he will not be playing again in the last 2 games
Last edited by SkinsJock on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Re: RG3 status for the season

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Sounds to me like Cousins will start the remainder of the year. Imagine what will happen if we go 3-0.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:30 pm

If Cousins fails and I hope he doesn't, what will that say about the people that felt Robert was to blame? Our Olinemen minus Williams is like watching matadors.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Wow! That's weird and surprising to me.

Nice of Mike to start RGIII against the Chiefs and 49ers, then pull him out against the 3-10 Falcons in their dome. lol.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Frankly, if Mike is worried about RGIII getting hurt behind our o-line, how about doing us all a favor and just start Grossman for the last three games. I don't really want to see Cousins get hurt either.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:38 pm

riggofan wrote:Frankly, if Mike is worried about RGIII getting hurt behind our o-line, how about doing us all a favor and just start Grossman for the last three games. I don't really want to see Cousins get hurt either.

+1... I don't want to see Grossman get hurt either. People wished for it now they have it. Reap your rewards.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
riggofan wrote:Frankly, if Mike is worried about RGIII getting hurt behind our o-line, how about doing us all a favor and just start Grossman for the last three games. I don't really want to see Cousins get hurt either.

+1... I don't want to see Grossman get hurt either. People wished for it now they have it. Reap your rewards.

Me either. Sexy Rexy will probably win these last three games too. :)

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:51 pm

And if Cousins performs well and we were to go 3-0?

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:53 pm

riggofan wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:

Me either. Sexy Rexy will probably win these last three games too. :)

LMAO... He did stake his reputation after all. Maybe Beck can still save us. :shock:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm going to the Falcons' game. I want to see RGIII play. I obviously don't want him to get hurt, but I don't think you can just sit him, either. Let him start, and see how it goes. If we are going down in flames again, then by all means, let others play. This just seems spiteful to me. Especially if RGIII and the Danny really do have a relationship that irritates Shanny.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Deadskins wrote:I'm going to the Falcons' game. I want to see RGIII play. I obviously don't want him to get hurt, but I don't think you can just sit him, either. Let him start, and see how it goes.

+1.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:27 pm

Cooley on 980 right now is saying that he thinks Griffin will remain the starter, and that this is just his way of saying that if Griffin continues to play poor he'll bench him in games whether or not they are blowouts.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:34 pm

Maybe I'm the only one, but I thought his reasons for possibly sitting Griffin were sound. I don't see it as a big "F U" to Snyder, but more or less admitting that the season is over and you need to protect your investment at all costs. He explained that there were too many sacks in the previous 5 games, and that Griffin is just getting killed each game. It makes sense to bench him now.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Perhaps this is a final "F you" to Snyder on his way out.........
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:54 pm

riggofan wrote:Wow! That's weird and surprising to me. Nice of Mike to start RGIII against the Chiefs & 49ers, then pull him against the 3-10 Falcons

Agreed - I really think that he'll play him against the Falcons - who knows what happens from there on

this whole scene is troubling …
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football