Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Joe's#1Fan

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby gibbsfan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:47 am

Just when you think it couldn't be more of a circus, more clowns pile out of the clown car.

describes the whole organization.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:57 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I don't know who to place the blame on, but the thought of Griffin being a toxin in the locker room scares the hell out of me.

I don't believe that for a moment.

Never said it was true, just the thought scares me.

Shanahans ego is bruised, plain and simple. We won last year because of RGIII and he got the praise not Shanahan. When we lose this year, RGIII has taken some blame but all the coaching mistakes are coming up and it's some of the same stuff that happened here in Denver. OC decisions, special teams, defensive rankings etc. Shanahan was a great coach and there's no doubt he knows football but to the people who say RGIII has fallen in love with himself (Eric Allen) the same is much more true for Shanahan. His ego and stubbornness are what has derailed his coaching and i think he's trying to save face right now by creating a storm around Snyder, one he knows the media will grab a hold of. I'm not saying Snyder isn't a problem, he's clearly done very little in terms of winning since he arrived. But not too long ago Shanahan was praising Snyder for his commitment to the team, ie indoor facilities, cooks, weight room etc. I don't buy that just because he may be buddies with RGIII there's all the sudden an issue. I can guarantee you John Elway was treated differently here in Denver by Bowlen and Shanahan. See the articl below in relation to RGIII and how it affects the locker room. To me, this much is clear, Shanahan can't win in todays NFL and he's looking for a scapegoat.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast

“The only thing that really matters to a football team, I didn't see any of that,” Cofield said. “If you're talking about off the field stuff that has nothing to do with football I don't think that has anything to do with anything. If there's a guy who didn't have to come to meetings or come to practice or run or lift, that could be a problem. Robert's one of the hardest workers on the team and tireless in the meeting rooms. I don't see any of that having any effect on this team. It hasn't come up and this story caught everyone off guard.”[quote="StorminMormon86"]

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:07 pm

ONE THING IS VERY CLEAR - there is a lot of BS out there and it is being fed and eaten up by almost everyone

MOST of what we're hearing and being told is complete BS
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:17 pm

SkinsJock wrote:ONE THING IS VERY CLEAR - there is a lot of BS out there and it is being fed and eaten up by almost everyone

MOST of what we're hearing and being told is complete BS

Lots of BS is right, and interestingly everyone is caught off guard by it except Shanahan. Snyder is reported as being caught off guard by as have been some of the players yet Shanahan denies none of it. He leaked the story.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:30 pm

:D at least ….. it seems he did …. :D

some of it is complete BS and some is just partly BS but just about 99.9% is still overblown and not factual
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Listen to right before 5:53. " Some things are allowed to happen and we can cut a lot of this stuff out and It is not being cut out. I don't know what else I can do about it"

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/v ... 363542de4f
Last edited by Kilmer72 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:50 pm

Kilmer72 wrote: .. I got over being mad. Now it is getting to be humorous. Maybe tomorrow I will be numb to it.

good for you - I'm hoping to 'get there' myself - I'm still mad about so many things that have happened this season

and

I'm very disappointed that Mike was not able to manage and handle it all better …. it's part of his job and his responsibility - he did not do it as well as he should

The Washington Redskins are a very high profile franchise and the media are always going to be behaving like wolves - they are very cunning and they are relentless

that goes with the territory here and nobody is allowed to just do their job and try and avoid the press

Mike failed to fulfill his part of the deal and if he's at all weak about this mess that he's a big part of, he will not survive the pressure

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Shanahan knows he's gone AND knows who leaked the story (possibly himself) or else he would outright deny the report. The closest he's come was debunking the part about cleaning out his office, but other than that he's tight lipped.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:24 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Shanahan knows he's gone AND knows who leaked the story (possibly himself) or else he would outright deny the report. The closest he's come was debunking the part about cleaning out his office, but other than that he's tight lipped.

Yeah, he's gotta be careful to protect that $7m.

As much as I've said I understand his actions with $7m on the line, the more I think about it I'm pretty angry about that. It would be one thing if Snyder was definitely planning to fire him before he was ready to leave. In that case, I would be doing everything I could to take my $7m check with me too. But the way this is going, he's trying to force his way out the door AND get paid for doing nothing. That's BS. If you want to quit, then get out of here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:49 pm

actually I'm kind of hoping he's gone now too …

I will say though - Mike has never been very good with the media here - I'm not sure how he was in CO but he's not at all close to these guys

then again - we do have some of the worst sports press in the US ….

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:56 pm

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Shanahan knows he's gone AND knows who leaked the story (possibly himself) or else he would outright deny the report. The closest he's come was debunking the part about cleaning out his office, but other than that he's tight lipped.

Yeah, he's gotta be careful to protect that $7m.

As much as I've said I understand his actions with $7m on the line, the more I think about it I'm pretty angry about that. It would be one thing if Snyder was definitely planning to fire him before he was ready to leave. In that case, I would be doing everything I could to take my $7m check with me too. But the way this is going, he's trying to force his way out the door AND get paid for doing nothing. That's BS. If you want to quit, then get out of here.

I don't begrudge Shanahan that one bit. Let him angle for the money. It's not like it has an impact on the salary cap or anything other than Danny's wallet. Screw Snyder.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:06 pm

It seems to me Shanahan's relationship with RGIII deteriorated this season. This is all conjecture but I wouldn't be surprised if RGII was acting like a prima donna and Shanny knew that Snyder was the enabler. Game, set and match. Shanny lost control of the team.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Listen to right before 5:53.
Some things are allowed to be happening. We can cut a lot of this stuff out and it is not happening. It's not being cut out. I don't know what else I can do about that

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Listen to right before 5:53.
Some things are allowed to be happening. We can cut a lot of this stuff out and it is not happening. It's not being cut out. I don't know what else I can do about that

OK. I think I get it, but please offer your interpretation of RGIII's quote; i.e What things are allowed to be happening?, What is this stuff?

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Obviously it is open to interpretation. I think he was talking about coaching. Not his relationship with the owner. If the question was asked about "why do you think these questions keep coming up?" My answer is I think he has a problem with management (coaches) not the owner. Just my opinion. It is too vague to say anything other than he is biting his tongue not to disrupt.

I hadn't even thought of this but I suppose he could have been saying the team has been failing the coaches. I would wager 5 bucks though to say that wasn't it.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football