Snyder is the cancer

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Snyder is the cancer

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:48 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm of the firm belief that money talks, and despite Snyder's reputation, he has the money to convince someone noteworthy to come here.

You just summed up my biggest fear in about a dozen words. he has the money to convince someone noteworthy to come here. We don't need someone noteworthy, we need someone capable.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:00 pm

I am also VERY disappointed that Snyder did what it took to bring in Mike even hiring a GM in Bruce and agreeing to stop interfering and then he goes and interferes anyway - he's an assh*le

one thing for sure - the next HC will know coming in that Snyder is going to be a part of the program

he will be paid well but he knows that his job is going to be next to impossible because of this STUPID IGNORANT owner
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:06 pm

So, I know Snyder is a cancer. And Shanahan is a terrible coach who lucked his way into two super bowl rings. Oh and Keith Burns sucks.

But did anybody see Bacarri Rambo's "tackle" on Dwayne Bowe's touchdown yesterday?
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... -reception

I'm not sure I've ever seen a player run five yards to meet a WR, turn away from him and try to tackle him with his back before.

Situation sucks, but players quit yesterday.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:12 pm

riggofan wrote:So, I know Snyder is a cancer. And Shanahan is a terrible coach who lucked his way into two super bowl rings. Oh and Keith Burns sucks.

But did anybody see Bacarri Rambo's "tackle" on Dwayne Bowe's touchdown yesterday?

I'm not sure I've ever seen a player run five yards to meet a WR, turn away from him and try to tackle him with his back before.

thanks riggofan - it needs to be clear =D>
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:16 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:So, I know Snyder is a cancer. And Shanahan is a terrible coach who lucked his way into two super bowl rings. Oh and Keith Burns sucks.

It seems like that has gotten lost (understandably) because of all the Shanahan noise yesterday. But yeah, I think some of the players did a huge disservice to those fans who went out there yesterday. Meanwhile, the playoff eliminated Minnesota Vikings were up the highway playing with some pride, giving the playoff bound Baltimore Ravens one hell of a game.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:47 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

It seems like that has gotten lost (understandably) because of all the Shanahan noise yesterday. But yeah, I think some of the players did a huge disservice to those fans who went out there yesterday. Meanwhile, the playoff eliminated Minnesota Vikings were up the highway playing with some pride, giving the playoff bound Baltimore Ravens one hell of a game.

+1
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby gushogs » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:25 am

Kilmer72 wrote:Maybe Irn and Chris you are right. You have to admit though that Shanahan quit, threw in the towel, gave up etc.... Not good. He is nit picking BS because he knows he has failed and tried to save face on his exit, tried to get paid for a year in advance that he doesn't deserve, and last but not least thieving his way out. Even if all the blame is all on Snyder, Shanahans exit is non professional.

Shanny quit last year after starting 3-6. When he trew the towel, I was one who wanted him out right there. The players on pure guts and behind RG3/London/Sanatana's leadership, got the team going all the way to the playoffs. Shanny kept Griffin in when injured, because he was one the leaders of the team that proved Sanny wrong and then we all know what happenned. I also think that Shanny knew RG3 wasn't ready to play at the start of the season, but got him in anyway, with a bunch of guys that could not keep up.

I am one of the Snyder haters since day one, but I think he learned his lesson. Hired a GM, has a "proven, stable" coach, hurts when the team loses and is not afraid to spend the money. I don't blame him for beeing friend with players. Every owner of any kind of company has friends in the staff. It may be a manager, a secretary or a driver and that you cann't change. You have to be able to work with that. That is called authority.

This team is a mess and to think that at the end of the season we'll start over again on the rebuildind crap that's been going on for 21 yrs makes me sick.

HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:42 am

gushogs wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:Maybe Irn and Chris you are right. You have to admit though that Shanahan quit, threw in the towel, gave up etc.... Not good. He is nit picking BS because he knows he has failed and tried to save face on his exit, tried to get paid for a year in advance that he doesn't deserve, and last but not least thieving his way out. Even if all the blame is all on Snyder, Shanahans exit is non professional.

Shanny quit last year after starting 3-6. When he trew the towel, I was one who wanted him out right there. The players on pure guts and behind RG3/London/Sanatana's leadership, got the team going all the way to the playoffs. Shanny kept Griffin in when injured, because he was one the leaders of the team that proved Sanny wrong and then we all know what happenned. I also think that Shanny knew RG3 wasn't ready to play at the start of the season, but got him in anyway, with a bunch of guys that could not keep up.

I am one of the Snyder haters since day one, but I think he learned his lesson. Hired a GM, has a "proven, stable" coach, hurts when the team loses and is not afraid to spend the money. I don't blame him for beeing friend with players. Every owner of any kind of company has friends in the staff. It may be a manager, a secretary or a driver and that you cann't change. You have to be able to work with that. That is called authority.

This team is a mess and to think that at the end of the season we'll start over again on the rebuildind crap that's been going on for 21 yrs makes me sick.

HaiL,

I don't think Danny boy learned his lesson. Either that or he's just stupid when it comes to football -- because he basically did the same thing in hiring MS that he did in signing players back in the day: he took an over-the-hill coach in the twilight of his career with no incentive to produce and paid him TONS of cash.

In the NFL, what separates the bad from the good franchises is their ability to identify talent BEFORE others. This franchise needs a young, HUNGRY coach that has something to prove and the talent to back it up....... not some HC that has already won, is looking for a paycheck, and has nothing left to prove.

As far as the RGIII not being ready thing ---- I think EVERYONE knew RGIII wasn't ready. It was obvious after seeing him play week 1. I also think the hostility MS holds towards Snyder has more to do with Snyder's role when RGIII got hurt and starting him week 1 more than playing him in the playoffs or his "star treatment".
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:11 pm

I agree with some of the sentiments above me in the last two posts. Gibbs & Shanahan were not driven to win. They had nothing to prove (it was proven) and no incentive to prove it. They only had a slight pressure of "I don't want to ruin what I've already proven" and that's not what the Redskins need. The same goes for Spurrier. Steve Spurrier had a long trail of success behind him. He had never been an NFL coach, but he didn't really need it or want it. He's still got a shiny legacy and always will. The Redskins job will be forgotten or glossed-over in the history of the game.

Hiring past successes and men who have essentially proven their worth and have nothing more to prove is not going to get you the results you want. Take Art Briles, for example. He's got some good credibility with what he's done at Baylor, but he's not achieved the pinnacle yet, I don't think. If you want to try and integrate a college coach, don't go for someone who has banked their career IN college and no longer need anything else. Leave Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, and Steve SPurrier where they will flourish...in college football. Chip Kelly is a great example of an ideal choice to bring college football savvy and innovative football playing from college to pro. He's not running Woody Hayes and Bear Bryant schemes. Dick Vermeil was another example of moving a college coach at the right place and right time.

I wouldn't personally be all that excited if Bill Cowher or John Gruden showed up on our sidelines. To me, those guys already have their legacy and fame. They have their nod of approval from the world. They may or may not feel compelled to earn a reputation that they already have earned before. When Joe Gibbs FIRST came to Washington, he wanted that nod of approval and succeeded and got it. Snyder needs to find that guy and stick with him for 4-5 years before he sticks with these retread Already-Famous guys, in my opinion.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:52 pm

gushogs wrote:

I don't blame him for beeing friend with players. Every owner of any kind of company has friends in the staff. It may be a manager, a secretary or a driver and that you cann't change. You have to be able to work with that. That is called authority.

Missed this in my first post:

Hiring friends into administrative positions and PLAYING FAVORITES are two VERY VERY different things.

In sports, the best GMs rarely have close relationships with their players. Most say it makes it difficult to properly evaluate a player based SOLELY on their ability and more difficult to transition them in the event they are not producing.

And playing favorites shows an INABILITY to properly lead. And depending on the situation, hiring unqualified "friends" may be more an ABUSE of authority.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Dan Snyder does NOT know ANYTHING about the NFL - NOTHING

IF Bruce Allen is not in charge of bringing in the next HC then I hope someone in the FO locates a GM and tells Dan to give that guy the job

Dan Snyder does not have a clue who can do what well in the NFL AND, even more important, who would be best for the GM job here

Dan Snyder needs to stay away from anything to do with the selection process - he needs to leave that in the hands of the guys that know best

WHY DO YOU THINK WE'RE IN THIS MESS for crying out loud

I don't care what Snyder does or who he socializes with - even if that includes Redskins players and coaches
it does NOT matter as long as the guys in charge of the football side of things have complete authority over any and all things to do with what goes on on the field

Snyder owns this franchise and he will MOST LIKELY do a lot of things wrong BECAUSE he's an idiot - (having a lot of money does not mean you cannot be an idiot)
it really does not matter what the owner does if the coaches and players know who has the ultimate authority for all things football and it is NOT the owner

HAIL

Currently 50-41

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:11 pm

markshark84 wrote:In sports, the best GMs rarely have close relationships with their players.

Snyder's not the GM, he's the owner.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:39 pm

hanburgerheel wrote:I agree with some of the sentiments above me in the last two posts. Gibbs & Shanahan were not driven to win. They had nothing to prove (it was proven) and no incentive to prove it. They only had a slight pressure of "I don't want to ruin what I've already proven" and that's not what the Redskins need. The same goes for Spurrier. Steve Spurrier had a long trail of success behind him. He had never been an NFL coach, but he didn't really need it or want it. He's still got a shiny legacy and always will. The Redskins job will be forgotten or glossed-over in the history of the game.

Hiring past successes and men who have essentially proven their worth and have nothing more to prove is not going to get you the results you want. Take Art Briles, for example. He's got some good credibility with what he's done at Baylor, but he's not achieved the pinnacle yet, I don't think. If you want to try and integrate a college coach, don't go for someone who has banked their career IN college and no longer need anything else. Leave Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, and Steve SPurrier where they will flourish...in college football. Chip Kelly is a great example of an ideal choice to bring college football savvy and innovative football playing from college to pro. He's not running Woody Hayes and Bear Bryant schemes. Dick Vermeil was another example of moving a college coach at the right place and right time.

I wouldn't personally be all that excited if Bill Cowher or John Gruden showed up on our sidelines. To me, those guys already have their legacy and fame. They have their nod of approval from the world. They may or may not feel compelled to earn a reputation that they already have earned before. When Joe Gibbs FIRST came to Washington, he wanted that nod of approval and succeeded and got it. Snyder needs to find that guy and stick with him for 4-5 years before he sticks with these retread Already-Famous guys, in my opinion.

I agree with a lot of what you've written here. As soon as the topic of new coach comes up and people start throwing out Bill Cowher and Tony Dungy, I just want to throw my hands in the air and give up.

I'll nitpick some of this though. I do think Shanahan had something to prove coming here. He was kind of unexpectedly run out of Denver and also tagged with that "couldn't do it without Elway" stuff. I do think he wanted to come here and prove Denver wrong.

We'll see if you're right about Chip Kelly. My only argument with that is that Philly has been a pretty well run organization for the last decade - as much as I hate to admit it. They may have needed a coaching change to shake things up, but there's no doubt they've drafted well and kept a good foundation on that team. I'd argue that Steve Spurrier might have been more successful in the NFL if he'd walked into Philadelphia rather than Washington.

Anyway, the coach I'd like to see here in January? JAY GRUDEN.

piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:54 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:No good coach in their right mind is going to want to come here.

I'm afraid you are right on that.

Why do you think we got stuck with Zorn as our coach?! No viable coaching candidate; up and coming coordinator wanted to come here because of the circus Snyder turned our beloved Redskins into.

The worst part I wouldn't be surprised if by some miracle if Zorn got another gig he would be half way decent as a head coach. The Skins luck is that bad and Danny boy messes up the surest of things.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:01 pm

Bishop Hammer wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:No good coach in their right mind is going to want to come here.

I'm afraid you are right on that.

Why do you think we got stuck with Zorn as our coach?!

Two reasons:
1. Snyder felt the backlash from the fans about hiring Jim Fassel.
2. He hired Zorn as OC before he hired a HC. What HC is going to come in where the owner has already hired your OC?

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football