Snyder is the cancer

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Re: Snyder is the cancer

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:03 pm

riggofan wrote:Anyway, the coach I'd like to see here in January? JAY GRUDEN.

Is he any relation to John?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:08 pm

well run organizations and NFL franchises do not depend on luck they make informed decisions

Dan Snyder finally learned that he had to relinquish control and this franchise has been better off for that - we we're a really big mess - we are better than that

MAYBE it's time to move on - I did not like the choice of Mike as a HC but I do think that he and others have transformed the FO and scouting department

IF Mike is gone - Dan Snyder needs to continue to let NFL people make the decision on what he needs to do and who is best suited to manage and coach this franchise

I think that he knows that this will be best for the franchise and will also be best for him

If Dan Snyder gets involved in choices or football related decisions - we are in a world of trouble

btw - Jay Gruden is Jon Gruden's son
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:12 pm

I'm still waiting for the evidence that Snyder has been "interfering". Besides an alleged leak about the supposed circumstances of Shanahan's supposedly alleged intention to quit last season.

Snyder has no credit at the bank of goodwill, and I wouldn't be stunned if it transpired that he has been meddling. But I would be a little surprised. I cannot recall any reports of such behaviour in the previous three years. So I won't be so quick to jump on Snyder being the cancer (and that's a truly offensive term to use in this context) on this occasion, until/unless I see conclusive proof.

I understand the calls for Snyder to get out of town, but some of the vitriol simply isn't justified by what few facts we know about current events. Snyder is not to blame for the disaster that is laughingly called our "special" teams, nor the putrid defence that we have seen since Shanahan's unwise decision to switch to the 3-4. Nor is Snyder to blame for leaving the future of the franchise hobbling around on a minefield of a playing surface against Seattle, until he finally broke.

We don't like Snyder - I get that. he is not angel, but neither is he the devil.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:16 pm

SkinsJock wrote:btw - Jay Gruden is Jon Gruden's son

Brother, I believe.

And he's an up and coming coach, rather than a big name has been ;-)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:16 pm

for example - IF Mike is gone and everyone says - "Jay Gruden would be perfect" and Dan hires him - this is a mistake

1 - Dan Snyder needs to have his football people tell him who is going to manage the franchise with Mike gone

2 - THEN - whoever is going to manage needs to give Dan the candidate(s) that they all feel will be best suited for this franchise

3 - THEN - the HC can then bring in whomever he needs
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:19 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:I'm still waiting for the evidence that Snyder has been "interfering". Besides an alleged leak about the supposed circumstances of Shanahan's supposedly alleged intention to quit last season.

Snyder has no credit at the bank of goodwill, and I wouldn't be stunned if it transpired that he has been meddling. But I would be a little surprised. I cannot recall any reports of such behaviour in the previous three years. So I won't be so quick to jump on Snyder being the cancer (and that's a truly offensive term to use in this context) on this occasion, until/unless I see conclusive proof.

I understand the calls for Snyder to get out of town, but some of the vitriol simply isn't justified by what few facts we know about current events. Snyder is not to blame for the disaster that is laughingly called our "special" teams, nor the putrid defence that we have seen since Shanahan's unwise decision to switch to the 3-4. Nor is Snyder to blame for leaving the future of the franchise hobbling around on a minefield of a playing surface against Seattle, until he finally broke.

We don't like Snyder - I get that. he is not angel, but neither is he the devil.

I agree Trevor - Dan Snyder is an idiot BUT he did turn control over to Mike and to a lessor extent Bruce - THIS WAS HUGE

the franchise is MUCH better off for what Dan Snyder did - NO DOUBT - he's still an idiot but he's our idiot :D

Dan Snyder will hopefully CONTINUE TO let this franchise be managed as it has been done since Mike came in

this could actually be a major coup for Snyder if he handles this properly

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:29 pm

riggofan wrote:You just summed up my biggest fear in about a dozen words. he has the money to convince someone noteworthy to come here. We don't need someone noteworthy, we need someone capable.

Agreed. 100%.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:36 pm

I happen to think that a lot of the 'information' we are getting is way off base

there's something going on but in a nutshell I do not think that Dan Snyder has done things that he hoped would make Mike leave here

Dan Snyder's image is 'better' (maybe not great) because he turned things over to Mike Shanahan

Snyder has probably 'pissed off' Mike but that's because Mike is such a prima donna that he takes everything the wrong way

This franchise is actually not in bad shape and is being managed well and the FO is a HUGE upgrade over what we had - the games against Denver, the 49ers and the Chiefs were not really a good indication of where this franchise is at

Robert needs some help but he's going to be incredible - the kid has an arm, is incredibly fast, he's very intelligent and he's got heart - Robert needs coaching

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:42 pm

riggofan wrote:You just summed up my biggest fear - "he has the money to convince someone noteworthy to come here". We don't need someone noteworthy, we need someone capable.

I also agree …

AND - we need a GM and HC that can best fit what we have, what we want to do and have the complete authority to 'get 'er done' :D

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:51 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:btw - Jay Gruden is Jon Gruden's son

Brother, I believe.

And he's an up and coming coach, rather than a big name has been ;-)

Yes: brother. I really liked what I saw of him on Hard Knocks this past year, just as an enthusiastic person and coach. Very much like his brother. He's been good with the Bengals offense, especially considering that is a team where the owner isn't willing to spend ANY money. Seems to have brought Andy Dalton along very well.

He was a college QB at Louisville and his dad was a coach, similar background to the Harbaughs.

I'd argue because of his last name and background he might have some of the clout needed to work with Snyder, but still be the type of young/hungry guy many of us would like to see.

He may be smart enough to avoid Washington though. :) I don't know if Marvin Lewis speaks highly of the Redskins, and I'm sure his brother has some thoughts on the team. Then again, I got the impression that Jon Gruden likes RGIII a lot, so maybe he'd be encouraging. A lot of teams looked at him last year, he'll have options.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Deadskins wrote:
markshark84 wrote:In sports, the best GMs rarely have close relationships with their players.

Snyder's not the GM, he's the owner.

Not the point. It has more to do with relationships (whether GM, HC, owner, etc.) interfering with a GMs ability to properly do their job. In this case it appears Danny boy's (the HC/GMs' boss) relationship with RGIII was interfering with the BA/MS's ability to properly run the team.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:59 pm

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm of the firm belief that money talks, and despite Snyder's reputation, he has the money to convince someone noteworthy to come here.

You just summed up my biggest fear in about a dozen words. he has the money to convince someone noteworthy to come here. We don't need someone noteworthy, we need someone capable.

I used the wrong word. I didn't mean "noteworthy" in the sense of past glories, just someone that can come in, not take any crap from Snyder or any of the players, who actually knows how to COACH and build a team.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:00 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:I'm still waiting for the evidence that Snyder has been "interfering". Besides an alleged leak about the supposed circumstances of Shanahan's supposedly alleged intention to quit last season.

Now this is rational thinking.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:25 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
markshark84 wrote:In sports, the best GMs rarely have close relationships with their players.

Snyder's not the GM, he's the owner.

Not the point. It has more to do with relationships (whether GM, HC, owner, etc.) interfering with a GMs ability to properly do their job. In this case it appears Danny boy's (the HC/GMs' boss) relationship with RGIII was interfering with the BA/MS's ability to properly run the team.

That sounds like a load of crap. If the Danny isn't involved in any football decisions, then his personal relationship with RGIII shouldn't interfere with BA/MS's ability to run the team.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:29 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:

Now this is rational thinking.

I'm with both of you guys. I was way more surprised by the fact that Shanahan was placing blame on Snyder on Sunday, than anything else. Who knows what does on at Redskins park, but I don't think anyone can argue that Snyder has had a much lower profile over the past three years than he did during Zorn/Cerrato.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football