Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
goskins

Re: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

Postby GoSkins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Obviously it is open to interpretation. I think he was talking about coaching. Not his relationship with the owner. If the question was asked about "why do you think these questions keep coming up?" My answer is I think he has a problem with management (coaches) not the owner. Just my opinion. It is too vague to say anything other than he is biting his tongue not to disrupt.

OK. My view is similar; RGIII knows these "leaks" are coming from Shanny (HC). Now what is prompting these leaks? In my view Shanny knows he's lost the team and he's so desperate to save his ego that he's giving up state secrets (i.e. nothing leaves the locker room). RGIII is a young man and impressionable; he doesn't get all the drama in the triangle of Snyder, Shanny, and him. While Shanny should have kept this in house he might have hoped the leaks would either prompt Snyder to change his behavior or to get his release. Shanny is a smart guy but he had a losing hand. Snyder poisoned the well by getting inside RGIII's head.

Now the odds of Shanny staying are about zero. But, what top flight coach would want to work for Snyder? DId you see Ditka's reply to Keyshawn Johnson's comments after the Redskins embarrassing loss to KC? KJ: Who would want to coach for a team where the owner has had 7 coaches in the 14 years he's owned the team? Ditka's non verbal response was easy to interpret... "No One"

Here we go again. What are the odds we find a coach who can put up with our narcissistic owner? Very, very low.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:26 pm

GoSkins wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:Obviously it is open to interpretation. I think he was talking about coaching. Not his relationship with the owner. If the question was asked about "why do you think these questions keep coming up?" My answer is I think he has a problem with management (coaches) not the owner. Just my opinion. It is too vague to say anything other than he is biting his tongue not to disrupt.

OK. My view is similar; RGIII knows these "leaks" are coming from Shanny (HC). Now what is prompting these leaks? In my view Shanny knows he's lost the team and he's so desperate to save his ego that he's giving up state secrets (i.e. nothing leaves the locker room). RGIII is a young man and impressionable; he doesn't get all the drama in the triangle of Snyder, Shanny, and him. While Shanny should have kept this in house he might have hoped the leaks would either prompt Snyder to change his behavior or to get his release. Shanny is a smart guy but he had a losing hand. Snyder poisoned the well by getting inside RGIII's head.

Now the odds of Shanny staying are about zero. But, what top flight coach would want to work for Snyder? DId you see Ditka's reply to Keyshawn Johnson's comments after the Redskins embarrassing loss to KC? KJ: Who would want to coach for a team where the owner has had 7 coaches in the 14 years he's owned the team? Ditka's non verbal response was easy to interpret... "No One"

Here we go again. What are the odds we find a coach who can put up with our narcissistic owner? Very, very low.

Ditka's been outsmarted by Dexter. Need I say more? redskinsmiley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:55 pm

some of you guys should be writing script for TV shows - the stuff you guys are imagining is valuable to someone

this whole scene is just fantastic and surreal

are you guys sharing whatever you're on? :twisted:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:26 am

Shanahan may in fact be flipping the middle finger to Snyder and Company by hinting about benching Griffin. I've read some opinions online that seem to think Shanahan wants Cousins to start the last three games, hopefully go 3-0 or 2-1, and then that someone shows that the problems weren't the offense or the playcalling, but Griffin. Don't know how true they are, but interesting food for thought.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:53 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:Shanahan may in fact be flipping the middle finger to Snyder and Company by hinting about benching Griffin. I've read some opinions online that seem to think Shanahan wants Cousins to start the last three games, hopefully go 3-0 or 2-1, and then that someone shows that the problems weren't the offense or the playcalling, but Griffin. Don't know how true they are, but interesting food for thought.

IMO - not really - everyone's entitled to look at this anyway they want and we have seen some UNBELIEVABLE 'reports' and 'opinions'
Most have been TOTAL FABRICATION … this franchise is a lightning rod

the players and the coaches are trying to prepare for a game this week and are doing what they think they need to do to get a win - THAT IS ALL

the players and coaches are not motivated or influenced in any way by anything else

some have to buy into the hype and lies - it suits their agenda :roll:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:14 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Shanahan knows he's gone AND knows who leaked the story (possibly himself) or else he would outright deny the report. The closest he's come was debunking the part about cleaning out his office, but other than that he's tight lipped.

Yeah, he's gotta be careful to protect that $7m.

As much as I've said I understand his actions with $7m on the line, the more I think about it I'm pretty angry about that. It would be one thing if Snyder was definitely planning to fire him before he was ready to leave. In that case, I would be doing everything I could to take my $7m check with me too. But the way this is going, he's trying to force his way out the door AND get paid for doing nothing. That's BS. If you want to quit, then get out of here.

I don't begrudge Shanahan that one bit. Let him angle for the money. It's not like it has an impact on the salary cap or anything other than Danny's wallet. Screw Snyder.

I guess, but my feeling is that its not just about Snyder though. I kinda feel like its a huge middle finger to the fans as well. Quitting on the team like this AND trying to work it so he can basically steal $7m from Snyder. I just find it offensive. When we're watching the team start all over from scratch again in a few months, I definitely won't be thinking, "Good for Mike Shanahan. He got out of this mess and robbed Snyder on his way out."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:23 am

riggofan wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I don't begrudge Shanahan that one bit. Let him angle for the money. It's not like it has an impact on the salary cap or anything other than Danny's wallet. Screw Snyder.

I guess, but my feeling is that its not just about Snyder though. I kinda feel like its a huge middle finger to the fans as well. Quitting on the team like this AND trying to work it so he can basically steal $7m from Snyder. I just find it offensive. When we're watching the team start all over from scratch again in a few months, I definitely won't be thinking, "Good for Mike Shanahan. He got out of this mess and robbed Snyder on his way out."

+1.

If it were just a hit against the Danny, then who cares, but he's damaging the entire organization, and that sucks.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:12 pm

GoSkins wrote:

Agree. Snyder has, and will continue to run this once proud franchise into the ground. I only wish there was a way the public could force a sale.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football