Cooley doing a good job?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Cooley doing a good job?

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:22 pm

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but Cooley is impressing me. From when he started as media to now is light and day. Listen. http://streema.com/radios/ESPN_980_WWXX

JSPB22

Re: Cooley doing a good job?

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:42 am

Kilmer72 wrote:From when he started as media to now is light and day.

So, you're saying he hasn't changed much? :P
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:49 am

I generally like CC. He has good locker room insight and, when he's wrong, he's the first one to say so.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Neo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:30 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I generally like CC. He has good locker room insight and, when he's wrong, he's the first one to say so.

Agreed. His insight has been pretty accurate too. He knows the organization through and through.

I think it was during week 2 that he said on 980 we would probably be 5-11 at best this year. People all but went nuts on him. Now you're seeing just how insightful he is.

I'm glad he's still with us (so to speak).
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:53 pm

“He’s one of the smartest people I’ve ever played with as far as understanding everybody’s responsibility in the offense,” said backup quarterback Rex Grossman, who added that Cooley’s analysis is more credible than any other in this market. “If somebody else in the local media played on this team for three years, maybe they would have a competition, but it’s not even close. They’re speculating; he’s not.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... story.html

Good stuff.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:09 pm

Can't quote verbatim. I did listen to Cooley saying how Mike used to wait until the next season and give a list in team meeting on who he cut, how much money they were making and they aren't working anymore. (Gloating) He was basically saying he was turned off and a head coach shouldn't do that. Pretty low stuff and he mentioned #5 being treated like crap. I never liked him being our QB but treating him like crap in front of the team was a low. Glad he is gone and glad Cooley is being honest. He also mentioned that some of those guys could have worked out. Today on 980

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Can't quote verbatim. I did listen to Cooley saying how Mike used to wait until the next season and give a list in team meeting on who he cut, how much money they were making and they aren't working anymore. (Gloating) He was basically saying he was turned off and a head coach shouldn't do that. Pretty low stuff and he mentioned #5 being treated like crap. I never liked him being our QB but treating him like crap in front of the team was a low. Glad he is gone and glad Cooley is being honest. He also mentioned that some of those guys could have worked out. Today on 980

I'm with ya. I thought Shanny's negatives far outweighed his positives. Something always seemed to be amiss.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

cleg

Postby cleg » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:11 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:Can't quote verbatim. I did listen to Cooley saying how Mike used to wait until the next season and give a list in team meeting on who he cut, how much money they were making and they aren't working anymore. (Gloating) He was basically saying he was turned off and a head coach shouldn't do that. Pretty low stuff and he mentioned #5 being treated like crap. I never liked him being our QB but treating him like crap in front of the team was a low. Glad he is gone and glad Cooley is being honest. He also mentioned that some of those guys could have worked out. Today on 980

I'm with ya. I thought Shanny's negatives far outweighed his positives. Something always seemed to be amiss.

When Shanny was hired I was totally in disagreement with it. I never liked the guy in Denver and thought he was a snake - there were enough stories to back this up. However, he and Allen brought such a more grown up feel to the organization that I came around a little. I think the reason I am so disgusted now is that 1) I thought the team had turned the corner on all the drama and 2) that Shanny was such a snake that he decided to kill the family and burn the house down on his way out of town. Now we have to read stupid articles (like in the WaPa today) about how much Wilson and Luck are passing Robert by, how much of a uncoachable diva the 23 year old is, etc.

I cannot express my disappointment towards Shanny strong enough. Guy is a rat, a weasel, a coward, a narcissist and probably a bad human.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:51 am

cleg wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

When Shanny was hired I was totally in disagreement with it. I never liked the guy in Denver and thought he was a snake - there were enough stories to back this up. However, he and Allen brought such a more grown up feel to the organization that I came around a little. I think the reason I am so disgusted now is that 1) I thought the team had turned the corner on all the drama and 2) that Shanny was such a snake that he decided to kill the family and burn the house down on his way out of town. Now we have to read stupid articles (like in the WaPa today) about how much Wilson and Luck are passing Robert by, how much of a uncoachable diva the 23 year old is, etc.

I cannot express my disappointment towards Shanny strong enough. Guy is a rat, a weasel, a coward, a narcissist and probably a bad human.

=D> +1
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Around the League