Playing Out The String

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Griffin just confirmed he was shut down the rest of the year.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5163
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:02 pm

This whole thing is stupid.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:03 pm

riggofan wrote:This whole thing is stupid.

Why do you say that?

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5163
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:13 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:This whole thing is stupid.

Why do you say that?


You're enjoying this circus?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1838
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby markshark84 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Last year was a nice break from the circus that is the Redskins. I guess we're back to the status quo.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:22 pm

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:This whole thing is stupid.

Why do you say that?


You're enjoying this circus?

What circus? They're making a big deal out of nothing. Griffin is done for the season, time to move on and worry about winning the next three games. He was shut down to protect him. If Griffin turns out to be the next Brady or Manning, don't you think in retrospect people might look back and say it was the right call to shut him down?

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:38 pm

oneman56 wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Griffin will be inactive on Sunday. Grossman will be the backup. Have no idea if Griffin will be inactive for the remainder of the year or not.


Wow. That just makes no sense. This is a great example of grown men acting like babies.


To me it's just one man acting this way and it's entirely Shanahan. I don't often agree with JLC but...
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/12/ ... -redskins/

+1
“It’s clear what he’s trying to do is protect what’s left of his legacy,” La Canfora went on. “‘Nothing to see here. It’s all Dan Snyder’s fault. He’s a terrible owner, doesn’t everybody know that? He meddles. I’m just a poor, innocent head coach.’ Well, don’t buy any of that. The guy had all this set up ahead of time. It was very Machiavellian.”
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:40 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:He was shut down to protect him.

You don't really believe that, do you?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Posts: 2492
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:55 pm

riggofan wrote:This whole thing is stupid.


People are going to get what they wished for. Cousins wont even have to play a defense like 9ners or KC. If he fails and I hope he doesn't people will then say well its the Oline. Well duh!!!!

FanFromAnnapolis
Online
Posts: 11168
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Deadskins wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:He was shut down to protect him.

You don't really believe that, do you?


Call me naive if you want, but I do. I don't think the Machiavellian Shanahan narrative has much traction. He's talked about how he discussed these moves with Snyder and Allen and everyone was on board to do what he's decided to do. It would be stupid to lie about something like that, which is so easily verified/denied by Snyder or Allen.

His actions also appear to have the team's long-term interest in mind, IMHO, which wouldn't necessarily be the case if he was just looking to get his $7 million and leave town. Shanahan let the team take a bigger hit this year so that we wouldn't have lots of dead cap money going into 2014 and 2015. I actually do think he's trying to protect Griffin for next year's offseason and preseason.

Maybe it will turn out that this thing was rotten to the core, and the players were just doing a good job of saying the right things while waiting for things to change. I could be wrong. But right now I don't really see it. I see the media fueling a lot of this because it's a great story to pick at.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:He was shut down to protect him.

You don't really believe that, do you?


Call me naive if you want, but I do. I don't think the Machiavellian Shanahan narrative has much traction. He's talked about how he discussed these moves with Snyder and Allen and everyone was on board to do what he's decided to do. It would be stupid to lie about something like that, which is so easily verified/denied by Snyder or Allen.

His actions also appear to have the team's long-term interest in mind, IMHO, which wouldn't necessarily be the case if he was just looking to get his $7 million and leave town. Shanahan let the team take a bigger hit this year so that we wouldn't have lots of dead cap money going into 2014 and 2015. I actually do think he's trying to protect Griffin for next year's offseason and preseason.

Maybe it will turn out that this thing was rotten to the core, and the players were just doing a good job of saying the right things while waiting for things to change. I could be wrong. But right now I don't really see it. I see the media fueling a lot of this because it's a great story to pick at.

THANK YOU!

This is a non story. Snyder agreed to shut him down. He's done for the season. It's Kirk's time now. That's about it. I don't buy into the report (after today's presser with Shanahan) anymore. I don't buy that the locker room is lost. There may be a rift between Snyder and Shanny, but I think it hs more to do with the team's record rather than other things that keep popping up in articles and the media.

Shanahan is being vilified for no apprent reason other than shutting down the beloved Griffin. And if he REALLY wanted to get fired, I doubt he would have went to Snyder first...he would have just benched him.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5163
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:39 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:What circus?


What circus??? Are you kidding me? Turn on ESPN.

Seriously what other 3-10 team is getting 15 minutes out of every half hour on Sports Center right now? Shanahan just held an EPIC press conference. I'm not arguing whether there is any machiavellian scheming going on or not. I just think this whole circus is stupid. And whether starting Cousins is the right thing to do or not, did we really need to add one more bearded lady and her juggling monkey to this freakshow?

I actually think starting Cousins against the Falcons is just going to make things worse here. They're nearly as bad as we are this year, so I won't be surprised at all if he goes out and plays well and wins. Just what we need, more fuel for the fire. Every game RGIII loses next year, we'll be treated to the local mouth breathers pointing out how clutch Cousins was against the 3-10 Falcons.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:03 pm

If Kirk comes in and plays lights out, then there's definitely going to be more fuel to the fire. And rightfully so. Because then it would showcase that Griffin was in fact holding the team back on offense because of his poor play and bad decisions.
Last edited by StorminMormon86 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog
Posts: 2492
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:04 pm

This is a non story. Snyder agreed to shut him down. He's done for the season. It's Kirk's time now. That's about it. I don't buy into the report (after today's presser with Shanahan) anymore. I don't buy that the locker room is lost. There may be a rift between Snyder and Shanny, but I think it hs more to do with the team's record rather than other things that keep popping up in articles and the media.

Shanahan is being vilified for no apprent reason other than shutting down the beloved Griffin. And if he REALLY wanted to get fired, I doubt he would have went to Snyder first...he would have just benched him.


:shock:

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5163
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Playing Out The String

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:10 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:If Kirk comes in and plays lights out, then there's definitely goign to be more fuel to the fire. And rightfully so. Because then it would showcase that Griffin was in fact holding the team back on offense because of his poor play and bad decisions.


lol. Ok. Thanks for illustrating my point. We're going to compare Kirk Cousins playing against the 3-10 Falcons in a completely meaningless game to the games RGIII just played.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football