The coach the team needs (who might be too old)

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: The coach the team needs (who might be too old)

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:21 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I am VERY hopeful that Mike will be gone soon

Ok...
SkinsJock wrote:IMO Mike is the best guy to help RG3 take the next steps he needs to become a much better QB

Huh?! #-o

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:06 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
AND
Mike is the best guy to help RG3 take the next steps he needs to become a much better QB

Huh?! #-o

:D simple really - Mike stays for 1 more season - I doubt that's possible but that would be 'best' for the franchise and for Robert :D

I would not give Mike an extension and I doubt that he's here anyway, but ….
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:59 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I am VERY hopeful that Mike will be gone soon and that Dan Snyder will let Bruce Allen recommend the next head coach to Dan Snyder as he knows MUCH MORE about who might possibly be a good fit with what the plan is that these guys have for this franchise …

my hope is that Mike is here for another season as that is best for the franchise
and
IMO Mike is the best guy to help RG3 take the next steps he needs to become a much better QB

I agree but it is too late. Shanahan blew it up after the fire was started.

Yep. I was on board with Shanahan coming back for another year, but he clearly wants out. Gotta move on!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:24 pm

I'll go with that - HOPEFULLY Bruce Allen is in charge of identifying and bringing in the next HC for Snyder to hire - without ANY influence from that little weasel
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:48 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'll go with that - HOPEFULLY Bruce Allen is in charge of identifying and bringing in the next HC for Snyder to hire - without ANY influence from that little weasel

Eh. Gotta be realistic about that. If Dan is planning to pay somebody $4m-$7m per year, I'd expect he's going to be involved in choosing and hiring that person. I can't even say I would blame him for that. What we need to hope is that Bruce Allen does a good job of helping him select the next coach.

Btw seems like a lot of faith being put in Bruce Allen in these threads the past few days. I ask this seriously: does he deserve our confidence going into this? His GM experience is pretty limited and kind of a mixed bag.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:25 pm

let's put it this way - Dan Snyder does not have a clue and anyone that is a part of this FO would be more qualified at making a better choice than Snyder

I don't mind who Snyder 'chooses' to be HC or GM as long as it's not someone he 'finds' or thinks might work out here

most ALL NFL owners let these hiring processes be handled by the guys that know better - that's ALL Dan needs to do too :wink:

Dan should announce the new HC (or HC & GM) but he needs to let the guys that know best do their jobs and bring that guy(s) to him to hire (& fire)

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Postby yupchagee » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:16 pm

I think we need a young, up & coming coach like Gibbs was the 1st time.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:21 am

yupchagee wrote:I think we need a young, up & coming coach like Gibbs was the 1st time.

Yep. Someone with something to prove, IMO.

-----------

Postby Smithian » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:40 am

SkinsJock wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
AND
Mike is the best guy to help RG3 take the next steps he needs to become a much better QB

Huh?! #-o

:D simple really - Mike stays for 1 more season - I doubt that's possible but that would be 'best' for the franchise and for Robert :D

I would not give Mike an extension and I doubt that he's here anyway, but ….
This team has gone radioactive and every week leaks are coming out that he hates it here, that RGIII is a diva, and Snyder is the problem. These leaks clearly have a source.

I really want your positive outlook following damaging leaks, blown leads, and blowout. How is Shanahan best served coming back one more season? The damage is too much. He wants to leave.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 am

Smithian wrote: … This team has gone radioactive and every week leaks are coming out that he hates it here, that RGIII is a diva, and Snyder is the problem.
These leaks clearly have a source.
I really want your positive outlook following damaging leaks, blown leads, and blowout. How is Shanahan best served coming back one more season? The damage is too much. He wants to leave.

you need to understand - I am feeling positive about only a few things regarding the Redskins and none of those involve the mess of the past week

we do have a future great QB in Robert and we have a franchise that has been managed by NFL people for a few years now … we are better than many here think

I could care less about what's best for Mike - all I'm interested in is what's best for the Redskins

until recently I thought that the Redskins need a little more time to finally get things in place here and get out from the BS salary cap
I did not think that making a lot of changes was the best way to go - I would not have given Mike an extension and he may have left anyway without that, but ….

at this time I really doubt that Mike and Dan can find a way to go one more year

I've never really liked Mike as a Head Coach and hopefully Dan can let the people he has help identify a GM and a HC that can continue what has been happening here and keep improving this franchise like has happened here the past few years

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Postby midnightgreenmike » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:05 pm

No self respecting coach or for that matter any person with 1 functioning brain cell would want to work for dan snydley wiplish

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:08 pm

midnightgreenmike wrote:No self respecting coach or for that matter any person with 1 functioning brain cell would want to work for dan snydley wiplish

They may not want to work for him, but I can think of seven million reasons why they would anyway. :wink:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:29 pm

midnightgreenmike wrote:No self respecting coach or for that matter any person with 1 functioning brain cell would want to work for dan snydley wiplish

Gibbs II didn't do it for the money.

swine

Postby RG3peat » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:06 pm

FIRST Id say that getting a coach will be difficult for this owner like the past and like other meddling owner (Jones/Davis). 2 choices if indeed they go a different way with a coach...a) Bevell, b) Greg Roman. They both have offenses with mobile QBs..but.. use better formations. I hate all these tight backfield run option formations that RG3 has NOT been able to use because of injury. He lost all offseason and was not able to make progression with 3, 5, 7 step drops from center. Drop back, make reads and deliver the ball on time. It was evident, he didnt have the same pocket awareness, held the ball and take hits.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Shanahan had everything given to him. Gibbs and Zorn had way less. He needed a bubble practice field and he got one. He wanted to move to Richmond. He got it. He wanted a new weight room. He got it. He wanted a new painted atmosphere. He got it. He wanted to be in charge of personel. He got it. He wanted to hire his friends like Burns. He got it. He wanted last say. He got it. Why is it Snyders fault? Nuff said.

The next coach needs to put together a real staff. Please let there be checks and balances for the rest and including coaching in the next FO. No more egotistical coaches please.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football