Cousins Is Just Better...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Re: Cousins Is Just Better...

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:19 pm

Losing to a team that is 3-10 must have some how still been RG3s fault... from the sideline.. The rgiii that played against the giants looked every bit as good as what we saw today. This TEAM is not run well- personell and coaches.. I have no doubt both qbs will be successful, and I also think rgiii is the better qb.
Good chat.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:25 am

I'm not convinced by Cousins. He throws too many interceptions, generally, and continued that today against maybe the worse, or next to worse, team in the NFL. How many yards would RG3 have piled up today?

Hog

Postby Neo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:27 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Losing to a team that is 3-10 must have some how still been RG3s fault... from the sideline.. The rgiii that played against the giants looked every bit as good as what we saw today. This TEAM is not run well- personell and coaches.. I have no doubt both qbs will be successful, and I also think rgiii is the better qb.
Good chat.

Great point!
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

piggie

Postby OldSchool » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:14 am

I don't get "the comparison is not fair" logic. It's not fair to compare the actual performances of Cousins and Griffin? You apparently think a more relevant comparison is between the actual Cousins and a theoretical future Griffin who has learned how to read defenses, change protections, quickly go through progressions, make the right choice and deliver the ball accurately. I think your standard is the one Redskins will continue to use and they will invest at least another season trying to teach Griffin the basics of quarterbacking and if he is still ineffective in the pocket diehard RGIIIBots will reason it he is learning a new offense, the sun is in his eyes, the dog ate his play book, it would all be different if Shannahan had taken him out in the Seahawks game, Griffin's first two years were wasted because the Shannahan's didn't know how to develop him so in fairness year 3 is really year 1 in RGIII years or a bunch of other BS. As for me I think Cousins is much more talented and the one the Skins should invest in because he is really a quarterback not a project like Griffin.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:47 am

I know there would be so many people on here after Cousins good showing yesterday. But can you all please temper your excitement? Please understand that Atlanta DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD DEFENSE and Kirk still was intercepted 2 times and lost a fumble! Let us also take into consideration that he has had A LOT MORE TIME to understand this offense, went through a full off season, worked for months with the starting offense. So shouldn't he have played well? RGIII isn't done by a long shot, and add in the injury, the noise, the incompetence of the Shanahan's I am sure RGIII is entitled to a pass for this year's play. I think RGIII had a sophomore slump, but I also think that RGIII has lost faith in this coaching staff and after last year and this year, who can blame him. Seriously? I am glad we have a good backup, who might just be starter material one day but to come right out and say he is better after a preseason and starting 2 career games against teams that were not doing good, nor going to the playoff's is stupid. I would have loved to have seen Cousins play the 49ers, Bronco's or Chiefs. Then maybe then I could see these premature posts.......

piggie

Postby oj » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:51 am

Countertrey wrote:The comparison is not accurate...
Cousins came to the Redskins as a polished pro-style quarterback. He's been developed as a pocket passer for 10 years.
He is clearly skilled, and intelligent, is able to read and dissect defenses, set blocking, and work his progressions. He's also far more athletic than he's given credit for.

RG3 is a spread quarterback, who has relied on his world-class athleticism to free receivers. I said from the beginning, Bob must develop pocket skills to survive as a quarterback into his 30's. It's a shame that he had to start at the beginning of the season last year. He cannot survive as a pure read-option quarterback. It was CRITICAL that he have the last off season to begin that process... he did not get it. As a result, no matter how much he tried to develop the skills in live play, he simply did not have the benefit of a good enough line... the game did not slow down for him... and he has not been able to work on critical pocket skills.

So... it's true that Cousins is the more refined quarterback at this time. I knew that to be true last year, as well. I still believe that Bob WILL develop pro-style skills, and that his ceiling has the potential to be in the stratosphere. He's too intelligent not to grow. When he does... it will be LIGHTS OUT.

Both of these quarterbacks will take teams deep into the playoffs at some time. I think there's a good chance that both will end their careers wearing rings...

Bottom line... don't get too attached to Cousins... and don't give up on Bob.

Where is the 10year professional experience? What proteam did he refine his pocket passing skills?
You have blinders on and minimizing Cousins' natural born, not needing to be coached, talent. Near as i can tell it is 'Lights Out' right now, no comparison. The coach/team that even considers trading Cousins would be a fool, he is a great a gold mine as Morris.
You guys can play 'coulda, shoulda, woulda, might be, maybe, and blame the water boy' all you want. That is making excuses. Let Rg3 go and sell teeshirts for a different team, we'll see them on the way to a Super Bowl.
You guys know what the outcome of that game will be don't you.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:53 am

People also need to realize that Griffin played aganist worse defenses than Atlanta, and looked a lot worse than Cousins. Cousins proved how effective our offense can be when its run correctly. And stop with the 2 INTS nonsense. Morris fumbled the ball twice, Moss once (and the muffed punt return)...so it's not all on Cousins with the turnovers. Add on the fact that it was his first full week of practice, I'm not all that surprised that he threw picks.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:14 am

I'm glad we're seeing such good play from Cousins and I really do not think that we're going to trade him - not even for a 1st round pick

having a really good back up QB is a good thing and he's here

NOTHING is guaranteed but all the guys that know anything about this game think that Robert is a franchise QB
Cousins at this time is showing that he's a good NFL QB and given Robert's slow progress in developing into a future great QB - we should keep Cousins

I don't understand why it's such a big deal anyway - Cousins and Griffin are here and we're going to try and help them BOTH become better than they are now

Some may think that Cousins is the better QB - right now I'd say he is but there are some of us that think that Robert is a very special talent and future great QB

no big deal - they're both here
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:55 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:People also need to realize that Griffin played aganist worse defenses than Atlanta, and looked a lot worse than Cousins. Cousins proved how effective our offense can be when its run correctly. And stop with the 2 INTS nonsense. Morris fumbled the ball twice, Moss once (and the muffed punt return)...so it's not all on Cousins with the turnovers. Add on the fact that it was his first full week of practice, I'm not all that surprised that he threw picks.

I can't believe the people who keep praising Cousins when we lost the game to the worst defense/team in the league.

When Cousins gets sacked and fumbles, its the lines fault. When RG3 gets sacked and fumbles it's his fault because he could not avoid the sack due to his newly constructed knee.

When Cousins throws 2 interceptions its overlooked, but when RG3 throws an interception its he can't read the defense.

Stop the madness and stop turning a blind eye to your hypocrisy. Something is not right and honestly it's nothing to do with either RG3 or Kirk Cousins. It's the entire team!!!!!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:57 am

OldSchool wrote:I don't even think it is close, Kirk Cousins is a much better NFL quarterback than Griffin. I think the Skins would still be in the division race if they had played Cousins instead of the injured and hapless Griffin. Starting the season with a quarterback that has a gimpy leg, who doesn't know how read defenses, change protections, release quickly to the open man or lead receivers open with passes when the backup quarterback can do all these things is stupid, Dan Snyder jock sniffer stupid.

Shanahan started the real quarterback today because he doesn't give a damn anymore. Snyder will be doing Shannahan a favor when he cans him. Two more weeks to go.

Please, they have one of the worst secondary in the league, Dallas is next and they're even worse but Cousin's is the answer? LOL
If the Skins were dumb enough to trade him to Houston, after being a Redskins fan for almost 45 years, I'll be done.
And I'd enjoy watching Griffin succeed in Houston, while this Miserable franchise continues to SUCK..... YOU IGNORANT FANS WOULD DESERVE AS MUCH.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:04 am

whether the team is bad or not - whether we have good coaching or not …

we do have 2 good QBs and they're BOTH only going to get better :D

some fans like Griffin, some like Cousins - then there are a bunch of low life, pseudo fans that cannot see straight and wish for everything to be as bad as it can be
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:10 am

OldSchool wrote:I don't get "the comparison is not fair" logic. It's not fair to compare the actual performances of Cousins and Griffin? You apparently think a more relevant comparison is between the actual Cousins and a theoretical future Griffin who has learned how to read defenses, change protections, quickly go through progressions, make the right choice and deliver the ball accurately.

Not so much. That INT that he threw from the end zone yesterday was just as ugly as anything RGIII has ever thrown. And like CH1 said, Cousins throws way too may INTs.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:12 am

For all you so called Redskins fans out there, saying Cousins is better than RGIII need to stop it. You were all singing RGIII's praise last year as he won us the Division. If you know anything about football, it should be crystal clear why Cousin's had a good game. 1. The play calling was completely different than when RGIII is in the game. How many times did you see the pistol formation? Zero! Kyle called 1 back sets, which gives you better protection. For those who don't know, in the pistol, you have less blocking and more receivers and you're more exposed as a qb. In a 1 back set, you have more protection and less receivers, thus making your progression reads a lot easier. 2. As you already know, the Falcons, Cowboys, & Giants all have subpar defenses. It is to be expected that Cousin's should have a good day. Exotic blitz packages will not be run by these next opponents, so there won't be much to worry about.

piglet

Postby Tuck28 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:21 am

I want the Redskins to win football games, so I don't care who's the starting quarterback. But, with that said, we still lost the game yesterday that Cousins started. He had three turnovers. In my honest opinion, we can argue about who should play forever, but the real problem is this Coaching Staff. They have not put our players in position to win ball games. We are not getting the most out of these players, and that's on the coaching staff. I'm a REDSKINS fan, and have been all of my life and whoever gives us the best chance to get back to winning football games that's who I want on the field.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:40 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:People also need to realize that Griffin played aganist worse defenses than Atlanta, and looked a lot worse than Cousins. Cousins proved how effective our offense can be when its run correctly. And stop with the 2 INTS nonsense. Morris fumbled the ball twice, Moss once (and the muffed punt return)...so it's not all on Cousins with the turnovers. Add on the fact that it was his first full week of practice, I'm not all that surprised that he threw picks.

I can't believe the people who keep praising Cousins when we lost the game to the worst defense/team in the league.

When Cousins gets sacked and fumbles, its the lines fault. When RG3 gets sacked and fumbles it's his fault because he could not avoid the sack due to his newly constructed knee.

When Cousins throws 2 interceptions its overlooked, but when RG3 throws an interception its he can't read the defense.

Stop the madness and stop turning a blind eye to your hypocrisy. Something is not right and honestly it's nothing to do with either RG3 or Kirk Cousins. It's the entire team!!!!!

Ty sir!
Its a damned if u do damned if u dont scenario.. o well. Glad cousins is getting praise, love to get a first back!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football