Ready for the draft

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||

Ready for the draft

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:04 am

We don't have a first round pick next year
But we do have great position in the 2nd and thru out.

Not sure who's going to be our coach but if shabby
is gone. Cowher, Gruden, Dungy, Riles and even Rex Ryan for
Defensive mind.

Holes to be filled are mostly on defense
But we could use a Rt and I think we really
need a Tru 1wr Garçon is good but we
need a Dež caliber Wr Sammy Watkins or
Benjamin out of Fsu.
Defense Haslett must go this is probable
With a new coach coming.

Luke K type mlb and playmaking ss/fs
Fletcher now gone we need a stud at mlb.
Also our secondary was terrible need a stud
Fs. A Tru nose t wouldn't hurt either. I hope
P Thomas pans out.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

piggie

Re: Ready for the draft

Postby OldSchool » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:38 am

Interesting choices a WR and defensive picks. I agree with your priorities but after a season of people on this board condemning the OL it is interesting that you don't mention bolstering the OL line. Cousins only got sacked twice in his second and third NFL starts so maybe if the quarterback behind the line has a clue what he is suppose to do the line is adequate.
********************************* Spoiler Alert **************************************

"Robert has to learn the new system!" Will be the party line in 2014

Hog

Postby ArlingtonSkinsFan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:54 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Holes to be filled are mostly on defense
Benjamin out of Fsu.
With a new coach coming.

Garcon not a true number 1? I am sick of this being said. He just broke the franchise record for receptions in a season!! And that is without another receiving threat on the team, meaning defenses key in on him and he still produces stud numbers. Sorry he isn't 6'4" 240lbs. :roll:
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -Vince Lombardi

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:36 am

ArlingtonSkinsFan wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Holes to be filled are mostly on defense
Benjamin out of Fsu.
With a new coach coming.

Garcon not a true number 1? I am sick of this being said. He just broke the franchise record for receptions in a season!! And that is without another receiving threat on the team, meaning defenses key in on him and he still produces stud numbers. Sorry he isn't 6'4" 240lbs. :roll:
:up:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:53 pm

OldSchool wrote:Interesting choices a WR and defensive picks. I agree with your priorities but after a season of people on this board condemning the OL it is interesting that you don't mention bolstering the OL line. Cousins only got sacked twice in his second and third NFL starts so maybe if the quarterback behind the line has a clue what he is suppose to do the line is adequate.

I mentioned right tackle. Also another
g/c too.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:53 pm

If we have a new coach like I expect it will take time once again. Build the lines and everything else will eventually fall in place. We have QBs we have running backs and we have a really good FB. TE is set for now and we have a much improved Dhall. He isn't old yet.

Postby yupchagee » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:25 am

We need an ILB & Safetys.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Apart from 80% of an offensive line, a couple of wide receivers, defensive line, linebacker, corner and safety, our needs are limited. Let's hope we return to a 12 round draft soon, lol.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:07 pm

I'd say we have about 20-40% of an O-line
No Pressure, No Diamonds

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:08 pm

OldSchool wrote:Interesting choices a WR and defensive picks. I agree with your priorities but after a season of people on this board condemning the OL it is interesting that you don't mention bolstering the OL line. Cousins only got sacked twice in his second and third NFL starts so maybe if the quarterback behind the line has a clue what he is suppose to do the line is adequate.

The worst d's only sacked him twice? With a sack fumble and three picks?
Getting the ball out fast is pointless if it isn't winning games. He over throws and misses re ievere just like bob. This line needs a qb to be mobile. Both qbs would perform better w a better line and an upgrade to wide out
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Neo » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:34 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Apart from 80% of an offensive line, a couple of wide receivers, defensive line, linebacker, corner and safety, our needs are limited. Let's hope we return to a 12 round draft soon, lol.

Agreee, but after talking with a couple life-long Broncos fans I'm not longer on the fence about keeping Shanny one more year. We need a new coach for this crucial offseason. I know this thread is about the draft, but there's a good handful of FA linemen in 2014. Shanny has always had crappy, undersized linemen, and mediocore defenses. This is who he was, is, and will always be. He will not address the starting linemen lineup; he will only add in more mediocore backups.

This is a crucial time for this team and Shanny has a career-long track record of ignoring the exact needs we have. History repeats itself; Shanny has shown this is true with him as well.

I also don't know if I can handle seeing another precious draft pick wasted on a RB.

Sorry to sound negative, I believe we have better days coming our way, but it starts with a new coaching staff and maybe even GM.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:05 am

brad7686 wrote:I'd say we have about 20-40% of an O-line

Agree... 40% is kind and 20 is on the money. I believe we have a great LT. He can both be the the finesse and brutal force. He is possessed and has figured out for two years in a row how to block out pain like the greats.... Grimm. ( I know he was a Guard before anyone says anything )

Hog

Postby Neo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:55 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
brad7686 wrote:I'd say we have about 20-40% of an O-line

Agree... 40% is kind and 20 is on the money. I believe we have a great LT. He can both be the the finesse and brutal force. He is possessed and has figured out for two years in a row how to block out pain like the greats.... Grimm. ( I know he was a Guard before anyone says anything )

+1

Anyone determined/tough even to play with that club cast has my respect. That should have been an example to the others, but I guess it didn't catch on.

I've been campaigning for Grimm to be our line coach for a few months now; I think he will clean house.

There's been a buzz going around about our backup center Walton. Any credibility to this? I'm not familiar with him.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:54 pm

In Pittsburgh, some were campaigning for Russ as HC. In Pittsburgh they have a pretty good track record of hiring HCs. He might not have been Rooney's first choice but just to be a candidate
should put him a notch or 10 over Mike. He isn't old yet. His first gig. I would be ok with this if he has a real GM and have someone as Rex as DC that can assist when needed.

At least you would know he would build the Oline. Both Probably. He understands the trenches. [-o< Please hire Russ.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:55 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:In Pittsburgh, some were campaigning for Russ as HC. In Pittsburgh they have a pretty good track record of hiring HCs. He might not have been Rooney's first choice but just to be a candidate
should put him a notch or 10 over Mike. He isn't old yet. His first gig. I would be ok with this if he has a real GM and have someone as Rex as DC that can assist when needed.

At least you would know he would build the Oline. Both Probably. He understands the trenches. [-o< Please hire Russ.

I believe that we -- THN -- wanted Russ Grimm as OC under Gibbs or as head coach when Gibbs retired. Grimm would be my (amateur's) choice to replace Shanahan.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football