Next Monday

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Next Monday

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:30 pm

Business as usual next Monday or a huge splash ... or are they the same thing?

This guy says splash:

An unavoidable exodus for Shanahan, Redskins
BY RICK SNIDER
December 23 at 6:48 pm

Coach Mike Shanahan and the Washington Redskins have lost seven straight games, including Sunday’s 24-23 defeat to the Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field.

Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan didn’t take a final glance around FedEx Field as he neared the tunnel after Sunday’s loss. It seems there’s no looking back now.

A coach who just suffered his second straight one-point loss would normally be slumped at the postgame podium — too exhausted and frustrated to say more than a few words. But Shanahan looked relaxed. It’s as if he has made peace with what’s coming as he enters the season finale against the New York Giants with a 24-39 record in Washington.

Shanahan wasn’t the only person exiting FedEx Field for the final time Sunday. Probably half the players and the entire coaching staff won’t be back. It’s time to rebuild once again. With a loss to the Giants, the Redskins (3-12) would match the 1994 team for the most losses in franchise history.

-snip-

Monday, bloody Monday can’t come fast enough.

Link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/express/w ... -redskins/

Do we lead off ESPN next Monday with some huge firings or does the staff remain largely intact, or somewhere in between? Who stays, who goes?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Re: Next Monday

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:13 am

If Mike wants to stay - it's a mistake to let him go

If Mike wants to be fired because Dan does not support him - it's a shame

If Mike is being forced to leave because of Dan's failure to support him - it's a clear indication of how bad our owner really is

hopefully - Mike wants to leave and Dan can get someone to help him find a HC that can continue to build the franchise

Dan Snyder does not have a clue about managing an NFL franchise or what it takes to be successful on the field in the NFL
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:29 am

SkinsJock wrote:If Mike wants to stay - it's a mistake to let him go

If Mike is being forced to leave because of Dan's failure to support him - it's a clear indication of how bad our owner really is

hopefully - Mike wants to leave and Dan can get someone to help him find a HC that can continue to build the franchise

Dan Snyder does not have a clue about managing an NFL franchise or what it takes to be successful on the field in the NFL

Please read what you wrote Skinsjock. I know you better than that and I don't know you. Really that was crazier than anything I could come up with in my drunken state.

If you are going to make a point please make it.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:02 am

I'm sorry - Mike Shanahan absolutely deserves to get fired. I'd love to see stability and continuity in Washington DC, but it's not going to happen under Shanahan. I'm really hoping that, this time next week, we're already discussing the shortlist of candidates - including GM candidates.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:47 am

Kilmer72 wrote:

Please read what you wrote Skinsjock. I know you better than that and I don't know you. Really that was crazier than anything I could come up with in my drunken state.

If you are going to make a point please make it.

"hopefully - Mike wants to leave and Dan can get someone to help him find a HC that can continue to build the franchise." ???????
It's incredible to me that you think Mike has been rebuilding the franchise. His tenure has been a disaster. We have one NFL caliber player on the OL, one proven, quality receiver, maybe two NFL caliber players at DB, two decent linebackers, and then one good defensive lineman and Morris, Griffin, Cousins, and a quality fullback. We also have a prospect in Reed. Other than that we have journeymen, any of whom we could afford to lose. That's eleven good players total, and no good coaches, except possibility Kyle. There's been talk in the press about cleaning house. I expect a house clean. Why not? If we lose to the Giants, and even if we don't, we'll one of the worse records in franchise history. What saved us last year were two fabulous rookies. One of them was not effective this year, understandably, so we, predictably, fell. No, not just fell. We have been humiliated game after game. Please get over the notion that Shanahan and Allen are not responsible. They are. Danny's big mistake was hiring them.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:30 am

Kilmer72 wrote:If you are going to make a point please make it.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly where he stands. He talks in circles about everything. One second Mike's a genius, the next he's not a great coach.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:13 am

DarthMonk wrote:Do we lead off ESPN next Monday with some huge firings or does the staff remain largely intact, or somewhere in between? Who stays, who goes?

Does it matter?

Has it mattered since 1999?

How many iterations of this tragicomedy do we know?

Norv Turner
Terry Robiskie
Marty Schottenheimer
Steve Spurrier
Joe Gibbs
Jim Zorn
Mike Shanahan

There is ONLY one conclusion: Whether a HOF head coach or an experienced coach like Marty, to a nobody like Jim Zorn or a clueless college coach like Spurrier, all of them failed because NOBODY can win with this owner. NOBODY.

Ohhhh and the brilliant player hirings by Dan and Vinny. Please do not remind me.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:19 am

Monday will come and go without event.
Shanahan will coach next year.
Nothing to see here.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Countertrey wrote:Monday will come and go without event.
Nothing to see here.

+1
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:00 pm

Nothing to see here.

Kyle?

Haz?

Burns?

Others?

Just maybe not Monday or not at all?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

-----------

Postby Smithian » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:25 pm

3-12. 24-39 overall.

It's over.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:25 pm

[-(
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Nothing to see here.

I very sincerely hope not. If Shanahan isn't fired then this franchise is in much worse shape than I thought.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:35 pm

Shanahan will obviously be fired. The writing is on the wall and it's a move that absolutely has to happen. It's honestly laughable that anyone would think he could survive this. Everything Broncos fans tried to warn us about has happened. We badly need to cut ties. The franchise is in MUCH worse shape than it was when Shanahan arrived. God.

The only coaches who have a chance at surviving are McVey and maybe Raheem Morris. Everyone else will be thrown out on their arse and rightfully so. Bruce Allen may not even survive this overhaul. I'd say Morocco Brown returns, but Scott Campbell is a toss up and under the right circumstances Allen could be ousted. Eric Schaffer's a keeper too. Honestly, we need to completely overhaul the team and change the culture.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:59 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:If you are going to make a point please make it.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly where he stands. He talks in circles about everything. One second Mike's a genius, the next he's not a great coach.

You obviously don't get it - why is that not a surprise

I have wanted a better HC for a while ... However, Mike is here and he's not a bad HC - he and others have pulled the franchise out of a very deep hole created by Dan and Vinny - I really don't care too much if he's here or not next year - I just do not want Snyder involved with ANYTHING to do with the coaches or the players

it's bad for this franchise if Dan hires a HC and then interferes and undermines his authority after signing an agreement not to do that - we do not know that Dan has done that but if so it stinks

I would like a new coach but not one that Dan thinks is any good - he does not have a clue

so I don't care if Mike stays or goes as long as Dan Snyder has nothing to do with the decision to keep Mike here or to hire a new HC - NOTHING

I don't think that having a new HC is going to suddenly turn things around anymore than I think Mike will suddenly turn things around - why go through all that
we are almost certainly going to need a new DC and STC, maybe a new OC depending on how Kyle and Bob get along - why not stay with Mike for a year

Dan may have screwed that up too just like everything else he does
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football