Lay off RGIII

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Re: Lay off RGIII

Postby Deadskins » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:30 pm

OldSchool wrote:If you were earning millions of dollars wouldn't you put in the time reviewing videos, the play book, have chalk talks with the coaches and fellow players? Wouldn't you be doubly motivated to learn the mental aspects of the game when you knew your mobility was going to be reduced? But Griffin didn't bother.

Says who?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:06 pm

I'm really confused by our fanbase. After a phenomenal rookie year and a crappy 2nd year, some have come to the conclusion that he's going to be a bust. Others say he's going to be even better than his rookie year. How they came to either conclusion, I have no idea. I'm not ready to call Griffin a bust at all, but I'm not ready to anoint him the savior and think he's going to prove anyone wrong next year.

And for people who think race is a factor in the "bashing" of Griffin, if Peyton Manning or Tom Brady were on teams that were 3-12 playing the way Griffin did this year (awful), you'd be a fool to think there wouldn't be IMMENSE scrutiny thrown their way.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:21 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm really confused by our fanbase. After a phenomenal rookie year and a crappy 2nd year, some have come to the conclusion that he's going to be a bust. Others say he's going to be even better than his rookie year. How they came to either conclusion, I have no idea. I'm not ready to call Griffin a bust at all, but I'm not ready to anoint him the savior and think he's going to prove anyone wrong next year.

And for people who think race is a factor in the "bashing" of Griffin, if Peyton Manning or Tom Brady were on teams that were 3-12 playing the way Griffin did this year (awful), you'd be a fool to think there wouldn't be IMMENSE scrutiny thrown their way.

Likewise I'm sick of fans saying how horrible he played this year... Jus as many yards as Cam Newton and he has had two MORE games then bob. If we had a competent defense and special.teams maybe Wed be talking playoffs right now. To surmise griffs season as awful, is just as boneheaded as calling Cousins the saviour after three mediocre games.
Some of us are hoping rgiii makes a come back and plays to a higher level based on what we've seen him do at Baylor, and his rookie year. He is a work horse doesn't even drink eat sleeps and breathes football. We know his work ethic and remain hopeful he shuts all his doubters up next year.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:23 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Likewise I'm sick of fans saying how horrible he played this year... Jus as many yards as Cam Newton and he has had two MORE games then bob. If we had a competent defense and special.teams maybe Wed be talking playoffs right now. To surmise griffs season as awful, is just as boneheaded as calling Cousins the saviour after three mediocre games.
Some of us are hoping rgiii makes a come back and plays to a higher level based on what we've seen him do at Baylor, and his rookie year. He is a work horse doesn't even drink eat sleeps and breathes football. We know his work ethic and remain hopeful he shuts all his doubters up next year.

You would be kidding yourself if you don't think he's had an awful year.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:38 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Likewise I'm sick of fans saying how horrible he played this year... Jus as many yards as Cam Newton and he has had two MORE games then bob. If we had a competent defense and special.teams maybe Wed be talking playoffs right now. To surmise griffs season as awful, is just as boneheaded as calling Cousins the saviour after three mediocre games.

You would be kidding yourself if you don't think he's had an awful year.

Apparently we were watching different games... Eli manning, matt Ryan, and that kid from the jets had awful years. Rgiii tried to force some things to help this craptastic team win, leading to UNCHARACTERISTIC ints but he put up more yards then any of the other read option qbs this year. You think Kap is playing better?? Doesn't matter if you view the cup half full or half empty if you don't like what's in the cup. Was he as fun as last year? No. As accurate as the most accurate rookie ever was last year? No. Was he awful? Not even close.
Feel free to join old-school in a bitchfest thread, we r trying to clean THIS one up though :!:
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:29 pm

No Kaepernick is not even close to playing as good as Griffin has this year. Considering he's thrown less picks, has a higher rating, and is the quarterback on an 11-4 team going back into the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Deadskins wrote:
OldSchool wrote:If you were earning millions of dollars wouldn't you put in the time reviewing videos, the play book, have chalk talks with the coaches and fellow players? Wouldn't you be doubly motivated to learn the mental aspects of the game when you knew your mobility was going to be reduced? But Griffin didn't bother.

Says who?

eh... you know how it is, DS... sometimes, it's just easier to pull your facts from that dark place between your butt cheeks... dig?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:59 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:No Kaepernick is not even close to playing as good as Griffin has this year. Considering he's thrown less picks, has a higher rating, and is the quarterback on an 11-4 team going back into the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row.

Lmao.. so we agree? When rgiii can put up sub 200 yard games and still win then we can talk. Any qb with THIS team has to do miracles to win... Even your boy cousins couldn't buy a win w nearly 400 yards. This TEAM is the problem... Qb is one of the very few positions we don't have to worry Bout. Good chat my Dawg!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:10 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I'm really confused by our fanbase. After a phenomenal rookie year and a crappy 2nd year, some have come to the conclusion that he's going to be a bust. Others say he's going to be even better than his rookie year. How they came to either conclusion, I have no idea. I'm not ready to call Griffin a bust at all, but I'm not ready to anoint him the savior and think he's going to prove anyone wrong next year.

Why are you confused by our fanbase? Its very simple. If we are not winning, everybody sucks. Especially the QB. ;)

I don't know about a "savior", but I don't have much doubt that RGIII will have a better year next year. If for no other reason than he'll be healthier, have a real offseason, etc; I don't think last year's performance was a fluke. The real question to me is will the rest of the team be able to improve enough so we can get back to winning.

Just flipping through this thread, I still feel pretty happy that we have both RGIII and Cousins right now. Without QB questions, hopefully the FA money and draft picks can be focused on the less sexy positions. Strengthen the offensive line and get us a few more playmakers on defense.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Says who?

eh... you know how it is, DS... sometimes, it's just easier to pull your facts from that dark place between your butt cheeks... dig?

I guess you'd kind of have to.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote: Says who?

I guess you'd kind of have to.
:wink:

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:49 pm

riggofan wrote:

Why are you confused by our fanbase? Its very simple. If we are not winning, everybody sucks. Especially the QB. ;)

I don't know about a "savior", but I don't have much doubt that RGIII will have a better year next year. If for no other reason than he'll be healthier, have a real offseason, etc; I don't think last year's performance was a fluke. The real question to me is will the rest of the team be able to improve enough so we can get back to winning.

Just flipping through this thread, I still feel pretty happy that we have both RGIII and Cousins right now. Without QB questions, hopefully the FA money and draft picks can be focused on the less sexy positions. Strengthen the offensive line and get us a few more playmakers on defense.

I should have known, haha. I'm not saying last years performance was a fluke, but I'm not ready to declare that Griffin will be that guy again so soon. My real concern is that the offense is going to be seen as "gimmick-y", and that the defenses have caught up with it and adjusted accordingly. That is my strongest concern going into next year.

Hog

Postby Neo » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:20 pm

RG3`s stats this year are a littled padded though, so let's not give too much credit, but also let's not take away too much credit.

I think the coaches are failing to find his way of learning new pocket skills naturally; seems they are forcing their cookie cutter tactics on him. A great QB coach would learn about their player and find a more fluid way of developing them...everyone learns differently.

Cooley was saying how Robert was learning bad habits and it was good for him to be benched. He wasn't saying that was THE reason, but rather why he was in favor of him being benched.

The entire team struggled this year while Robert was learning a new way of seeing the game; that's a trainwrech situation for ANY QB.

With a better oline and upgraded targets, he will soar. Getting that brace off will free his mind more as well. Add to that a new coach who knows how to develop Robert, and its lights out.

Great news is that this isn't a lofty dream. This is well within our grasp once necessary changes are made.

The defense is the more complicated issue. With wise choices, 50% of the issues can be solved in 2014`s draft class & FA. Add in the same for 2015, and we are realistically a top 10 defense once more.

This team needs wise leaders; wisdom can fix this team in two years.

Keep the faith.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:25 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Says who?
The voices... you know the ones...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:37 am

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Says who?
The voices... you know the ones...
why are the same posters the only ones hearing these voices .. :twisted:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football