POLL: Will Shanny Be The Redskins Head Coach in 2014?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Will Shanny be the head coach next year?

Yes
32%
No
68%

Total votes : 25
08 Champ

Re: POLL: Will Shanny Be The Redskins Head Coach in 2014?

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:23 pm

Countertrey wrote:He'll be back.

I voted no because I don't think he and Dan want to keep this thing going anymore

I hope I'm wrong because as much as I'd like a new HC I think we need another year of building ...

I do expect some coaching changes though no matter who is the HC

going to be an interesting few days here - and listening to some here trying to explain their 'theories' of why they were so wrong about all this
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby Neo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:40 am

SkinsJock wrote:

I voted no because I don't think he and Dan want to keep this thing going anymore

I hope I'm wrong because as much as I'd like a new HC I think we need another year of building ...

going to be an interesting few days here - and listening to some here trying to explain their 'theories' of why they were so wrong about all this

I can't help but wonder if Snyder is getting more patient with age. In this case, I think that would work against us in light of our need for change.

Hopefully he`ll go chopping away, but ONLY after upgrades are in place. I do believe he wouldn't be foolish enough to just cut everyone without replacements.

Going to be a rumor filled weekend lol
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:04 pm

SkinsJock wrote:

It will be interesting and so will the explanation on what grounds people stood on after the fact. I could be wrong and I hope I am. Maybe there is no problem with winning 3 games as far as coaching goes but I doubt it. Maybe Shanahan could be excused for mishandling everything he has. Unless control is taken from him he will continue to handicap our growth to the next level. He has taken on too much responsibilities. Mike the HC and only as a HC would still thrive today.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:05 pm

I say there is no way he's back, and why should he? Aside the dismal record, which is cause enough, this year's fiasco and revolving circus and comedy of errors would have gotten vince lombardi fired, and Shanahan ain't no Lombardi.

Hiring his son was an error, and that developed into it's own soap opera, visible in years one and two, but not totally exposed until revently. Then there is the Burns debacle .. that too is a monumental fail, as special teams was the worst of the worst this year, in a year with a lot of worst competing for the title.

The cat is out of the bag ... sour relationship between franchise QB and HC means that nothing good can come from letting this boil fester another year. When coaches start talking like kyle has, with a game left to play, that's just bad news. He's gone, he knows it, and so is dad.

Frankly, he should have been fired last year after allowing Robert to play on one leg againt the hawks.

Pray for Gruden, and really pray that Robert and his dad don't pick the replacement coach, or we're in for another two or three years of peeing up a rope.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:44 pm

anyone that thinks that RG3 and his father have any say whatsoever on who coaches or plays for the Redskins do not have a clue about this franchise - NONE

ROTFALMAO

that is really a great indication of how wrong some of the 'theories' are and what sort of thinking is behind some of them :lol:

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:23 am

SkinsJock wrote:anyone that thinks that RG3 and his father have any say whatsoever on who coaches or plays for the Redskins do not have a clue about this franchise - NONE

ROTFALMAO

that is really a great indication of how wrong some of the 'theories' are and what sort of thinking is behind some of them :lol:

I don't know about you, but the "anonymous source" articles have been more frustrating than the losses.

Guess if I were smarter, I'd just stop reading the news, listening to 980, watching football...wait....

LOL yeah, the rumors are about as pleasant as salt rubbed into a paper cut. Why can't some other team be the entertainment?

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:40 am

SkinsJock wrote:anyone that thinks that RG3 and his father have any say whatsoever on who coaches or plays for the Redskins do not have a clue about this franchise - NONE

Whilst they may not have a say, per se, RG3 is surely likely to be uppermost in the Redskins' mind when the next coach is selected? To what extent that is the case might be determined by how much involvement Snyder has in the process, but getting the best out of RG3 is going to be the best way for this franchise to be successful in the next 5 years.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:50 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:

Whilst they may not have a say, per se, RG3 is surely likely to be uppermost in the Redskins' mind when the next coach is selected? To what extent that is the case might be determined by how much involvement Snyder has in the process, but getting the best out of RG3 is going to be the best way for this franchise to be successful in the next 5 years.

I agree Trevor - all I'm pointing out is that RG3's father is not a part of the FO - that is a really uneducated post

and is typical of a lot of the 'reports' we've been hearing recently

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:50 pm

Can I change my vote? I think Shanahan will probably be fired before he gets to the locker room today. hah.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:04 pm

riggofan wrote:Can I change my vote? I think Shanahan will probably be fired before he gets to the locker room today. hah.

Nope. he will be fired on Monday. Some sources told me.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:09 pm

riggofan wrote:Can I change my vote? I think Shanahan will probably be fired before he gets to the locker room today. hah.

that would be a great example of how classless this organization really is

I hope that does not happen but it would not surprise me after all that Dan has done to hurt this franchise over the years

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:22 pm

SkinsJock wrote:

I hope that does not happen but it would not surprise me after all that Dan has done to hurt this franchise over the years

Have you ever been to Fedex field? That place has class coming out of its butt.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:42 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

I think it's time to start calling it Jack Kent Cooke Stadium, or The Big Jack. The Fedex advertising looks cheesy, and at least Cooke owned the team when they went to Super Bowls. Maybe changing the name jinxewd the team? (Or maybe selling the Redskins to Snyder...yes, yes)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:03 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

well then it would follow that if the Redskins are as classless as you're intimating (in a roundabout way) that Mike will be fired by the time he leaves NJ

I really doubt that but you might be right ... hah

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:05 pm

"99% of players want Shanahan back"...how much are these guys getting paid to say this?

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football