Redskins @ Giants - Game Day Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Redskins @ Giants - Game Day Thread

Postby Neo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:32 pm

TimSkin wrote:
I'm hoping Allen is made the president; hire a good GM; Allen and the new GM choose the coach. Keep Snyder out.

I could definitely see that because I really do like Bruce's money management he's a wizard there[/quote]

Agreed. He needs to be involved in financial matters, but that's all. He's perfect there.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:35 pm

TimSkin wrote:Well Cousins isn't getting traded anytime soon

LMAO! Perhaps that was the plan all along :-) Cuz got set up :lol:

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Ah: note that record of eight losses in a row, matching 1960-61. My memory says the Skins probably lost eight straight both seasons. 1960 would have been the Ralph Guglielmi season (as Casey Stengel would have said, "You have to look up the Goog"). 1961 would have been Stormin' Norman Snead's first season, when the entire offense was Snead throwing short to Fred Dugan...Dugan was not fast, but could hang onto the ball. Probably the last season of the all-white Redskins. The all-time worst seasons.

I think 1962, then, was the season that the Redskins were forced to sign a black player. Stewart Udall, JFK's Secretary of the Interior, told Marshall that he would consider the Redskins a segregated organization -- which they were -- and would refuse to let them play in the spiffy new DC Stadium...which belonged to the US government by the screwball way Washington was governed. Marshall worked out a deal with the Browns to draft Ernie Davis, a great RB from Syracuse, and to trade him to the Browns for Bobby Mitchell. In '62, then, the Redskins won about four games, tied one, I think, and Snead kept throwing 80-yard TD passes to Mitchell. (Davis was thopught to be the best college player since Jim Brown, but was found to have leukemia and died without playing pro football.)

After that, Marshall had something like a stroke, and Edward Bennett Williams ran the team. It was upward from there...not spectacular, but never as bad.

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:51 pm

That scene from Smokey & the Bandit springs to mind for the Shanaclan:

Junior: "Daddy my hat blew off"
Beauford T. Justice: "I hope your d@mn head was in it"

Even better: "There is no way...NO WAY you came from my loins. When I get home Imma punch your mama in the mouth!"

:lol:

Hog

Postby Krisk86 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Thanks to my wife's Christmas present, I was at the game today and although I enjoyed the experience of my first game, it was an awful game. First off the weather was terrible. Freezing cold with steady rain had us soaked and shivering before halftime. As far as the game, the players looked like they were counting down to the off season and could have cared less who won. During the fourth quarter the players were cutting up and dancing during TV timeouts and they were down 20-6. The play calling was horrendous, (goodbye coaching staff). Alfred Morris is clearly the best player on the team and in obvious rushing situations,they were throwing to Moss and Robinson (and #13 Williams, not sure who he is), and neither receiver could catch today (Yeah I know it was raining). When they kept Morris involved the offense would move the ball. On a positive note the Giant fans we associated with today were great. They had no issues at all with a couple of Redskins in the crowd.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Krisk86 wrote:During the fourth quarter the players were cutting up and dancing during TV timeouts and they were down 20-6.

:puke:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:32 pm

Krisk86 wrote:Thanks to my wife's Christmas present, I was at the game today and although I enjoyed the experience of my first game, it was an awful game. First off the weather was terrible. Freezing cold with steady rain had us soaked and shivering before halftime. As far as the game, the players looked like they were counting down to the off season and could have cared less who won. During the fourth quarter the players were cutting up and dancing during TV timeouts and they were down 20-6. The play calling was horrendous, (goodbye coaching staff). Alfred Morris is clearly the best player on the team and in obvious rushing situations,they were throwing to Moss and Robinson (and #13 Williams, not sure who he is), and neither receiver could catch today (Yeah I know it was raining). When they kept Morris involved the offense would move the ball. On a positive note the Giant fans we associated with today were great. They had no issues at all with a couple of Redskins in the crowd.

Sooo...they weren't dancing all that well? :lol:

Good news is that most of the paycheck collectors will be gone next year...hopefully.

Way to tough out that weather though; hopefully you guys still enjoyed yourselves.

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:29 am

Krisk86 wrote:Thanks to my wife's Christmas present, I was at the game today and although I enjoyed the experience of my first game, it was an awful game. First off the weather was terrible. Freezing cold with steady rain had us soaked and shivering before halftime. As far as the game, the players looked like they were counting down to the off season and could have cared less who won. During the fourth quarter the players were cutting up and dancing during TV timeouts and they were down 20-6. The play calling was horrendous, (goodbye coaching staff). Alfred Morris is clearly the best player on the team and in obvious rushing situations,they were throwing to Moss and Robinson (and #13 Williams, not sure who he is), and neither receiver could catch today (Yeah I know it was raining). When they kept Morris involved the offense would move the ball. On a positive note the Giant fans we associated with today were great. They had no issues at all with a couple of Redskins in the crowd.

It would've pissed me off to pay (or my wife paying) good money for a game ticket, only to watch these uncaring clowns dancing on the field...well I guess they should do something for their paychecks as they certainly aren't playing football! It pisses me off enough that I pay whatever the subscription rate is now for the NFL Sunday Ticket every season just so I can follow my team, and this is what I get for my money? I actually started watching the game yesterday until they started their usual BS (losing), and then I switched to a game that actually showed real football teams, caring, playing, and trying to win.

I know the you-can't-say-anything-bad-about-this-team-or-you're-a-fair-weather-fan people are going to rake me over the coals for saying this stuff, but I don't care anymore. I've been rooting for this team for over 30 years and I've earned the right to say whatever about them. This once proud franchise has turned into the biggest joke in the league. Do I know what needs to be changed? Maybe not, but I think most of the problems stem from DS and the coaching staff. Unfortunately, the owner can't be fired, but the coaching staff sure can be, and I think most, if not all of the player's lousy attitudes could be changed with the right coaching staff...the Shannahans and Haslett are not it....

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:54 am

We are most likely going to see a lot of changes here and that's a good thing ..

the most important change this franchise needs however is not the coaches or the players

This franchise needs a BIG change in attitude - from the HC on down there needs to be clear evidence that the coaches and players are giving their best effort

we have not seen much intensity from our leaders this season
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:17 am

According to the WaPo, the most important thing in the offseason is bringing in someone who can make the game "fun" again for Griffin.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:01 am

grampi wrote:

It would've pissed me off to pay (or my wife paying) good money for a game ticket, only to watch these uncaring clowns dancing on the field...well I guess they should do something for their paychecks as they certainly aren't playing football! It pisses me off enough that I pay whatever the subscription rate is now for the NFL Sunday Ticket every season just so I can follow my team, and this is what I get for my money? I actually started watching the game yesterday until they started their usual BS (losing), and then I switched to a game that actually showed real football teams, caring, playing, and trying to win.

I know the you-can't-say-anything-bad-about-this-team-or-you're-a-fair-weather-fan people are going to rake me over the coals for saying this stuff, but I don't care anymore. I've been rooting for this team for over 30 years and I've earned the right to say whatever about them. This once proud franchise has turned into the biggest joke in the league. Do I know what needs to be changed? Maybe not, but I think most of the problems stem from DS and the coaching staff. Unfortunately, the owner can't be fired, but the coaching staff sure can be, and I think most, if not all of the player's lousy attitudes could be changed with the right coaching staff...the Shannahans and Haslett are not it....

amen brutha you aint alone...At what point will it end.. I'm asking the samething ...
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:02 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:According to the WaPo, the most important thing in the offseason is bringing in someone who can make the game "fun" again for Griffin.

Of course. :roll:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:15 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:According to the WaPo, the most important thing in the offseason is bringing in someone who can make the game "fun" again for Griffin.

Of course. :roll:

and "fun" for all the other players and coaches as well :roll:

just making RG3 "happy" is not going to mean much - they all have to play well for the team to do well ...

but then again the WaPo has even less of an idea than Dan Snyder on what is important for this franchise :twisted:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football