Ready for the draft

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Ready for the draft

Postby Neo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:32 am

Kilmer72 wrote:In Pittsburgh, some were campaigning for Russ as HC. In Pittsburgh they have a pretty good track record of hiring HCs. He might not have been Rooney's first choice but just to be a candidate
should put him a notch or 10 over Mike. He isn't old yet. His first gig. I would be ok with this if he has a real GM and have someone as Rex as DC that can assist when needed.

At least you would know he would build the Oline. Both Probably. He understands the trenches. [-o< Please hire Russ.

I think he would do well with us as a line coach, OC, or HC. That's three solid places he could fit in the org. I think its a very reaistic hope that he comes on board with us. He's in my top 5 for HC. The icing on the cake is he's a Redskins legend.

Speaking of Pittsburgh, my dream team would be Cowher as HC and Grimm as OC. I think that's a bit of a stretch though :lol:

Like you said, if he's in Washington we can rest in knowing the line would be rebuilt. Regardless of what coaching position he gets.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:20 am

I'm fairly sure I read (sorry, don't remember where) that Russ Grim is one of the many people on Dan Snyder's list of dislikes. No idea how much truth is in that, but I don't think he'll be heading to Washington any time soon.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:24 am

Back to the subject of the draft. Our needs are so numerous and dire, it really doesn't matter which positions are selected. The most important thing is that the decisions are reached via the correct process, and with meaningful impact from qualified people. Yes, I want a proper general manager.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:48 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:Our needs are so numerous and dire, it really doesn't matter which positions are selected.
The most important thing is that the decisions are reached via the correct process, and with meaningful impact from qualified people. Yes, I want a proper general manager.

agreed Trevor - If Snyder fires Mike, the first hire needs to be a GM who can then bring in the new HC

we need to continue to do a great job thru the draft and free agency - a GM who is a better personnel guy than Bruce would be a key addition
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:50 am

Without a doubt, we need a strong GM to stand between the coaching staff/team and the owner. We need a steady hand to guide this franchise and it's proven clear that Snyder is NOT that person.

Once that person has taken the position, one of the names on the list of HC prospects I'd like to see interviewed is Todd Bowles. He's doing a good job as DC in Arizona. He has ties to this team. He's an up-and-comer.

Another prospect to interview would be Jay Gruden -- OC in Cincinnati. Another talented assistant that's worthy of a look.

Please, no more retreads.

Please, no more college coaches unless they BLOW AWAY the GM in the interview.

Hog

Postby Neo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:55 pm

I've been noticing that Cyril Richardson is being projected as a 1st-2nd round pick. Granted, there's not guarantee of this, but if he's around for our high 2nd round pick, I hope we steal him. He's a mauler!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:43 am

Neo wrote:I've been noticing that Cyril Richardson is being projected as a 1st-2nd round pick. Granted, there's not guarantee of this, but if he's around for our high 2nd round pick, I hope we steal him. He's a mauler!

That must depend on which direction our offence is going to move in. But a real investment in the offensive line would be very welcome. Personally, I'm a little sick of these undersized "scheme specific" players that Shanahan seems to think he can plug in and yet still protect the quarerback. I pray that the next coach commits to building an offensive line that would be worthy of the Hogs name.

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:44 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Neo wrote:I've been noticing that Cyril Richardson is being projected as a 1st-2nd round pick. Granted, there's not guarantee of this, but if he's around for our high 2nd round pick, I hope we steal him. He's a mauler!

That must depend on which direction our offence is going to move in. But a real investment in the offensive line would be very welcome. Personally, I'm a little sick of these undersized "scheme specific" players that Shanahan seems to think he can plug in and yet still protect the quarerback. I pray that the next coach commits to building an offensive line that would be worthy of the Hogs name.

Agreed. The talent of the team should dictate the scheme; not narrowing your options to squeeze players into a pre-determined scheme.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:54 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:I'm fairly sure I read (sorry, don't remember where) that Russ Grim is one of the many people on Dan Snyder's list of dislikes. No idea how much truth is in that, but I don't think he'll be heading to Washington any time soon.

That could be true. Grimm was OL line coach when Snyder bought the team, and fired him. Likely that Grimm talked to Snyder in an un-obsequeous way.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:30 pm

If Dan has anything to do with who is brought in to coach or play for the Redskins we do not have a prayer ... I don't care how great the HC or RG3 are
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Well, Bruce has just quashed any idea of a proper GM with a player evaluation background being appointed. Looks like more power goes to Bruce, and less to the new head coach. Do we have any more faith in Bruce's personnel decisions than we had in Mike's?

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:17 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:need a Tru 1wr Garçon is good but we

Garcon is a number one. What we NEED is a solid #2 to compliment him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

A #3 and a #4 would be good too. Maybe one of them would be able to return kickoffs to the 30, and the occasional punt?!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:25 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Well, Bruce has just quashed any idea of a proper GM with a player evaluation background being appointed. Looks like more power goes to Bruce, and less to the new head coach. Do we have any more faith in Bruce's personnel decisions than we had in Mike's?

He knows his limitations. He has good scouting. Now I bet there is checks and balances. I'm ok with this. Good teams hire within. Maybe we have the people here.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:28 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

A #3 and a #4 would be good too. Maybe one of them would be able to return kickoffs to the 30, and the occasional punt?!

We have people that can fulfill those roles.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football