Lay off RGIII

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge
Posts: 14371
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Lay off RGIII

Postby Countertrey » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:45 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Says who?
The voices... you know the ones...
why are the same posters the only ones hearing these voices .. :twisted:

Perhaps it's a gift.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Posts: 13126
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Lay off RGIII

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:07 am

Countertrey wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:why are the same posters the only ones hearing these voices ..
Perhaps it's a gift.

and it is the gift giving season ...
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4500
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Lay off RGIII

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:18 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I should have known, haha. I'm not saying last years performance was a fluke, but I'm not ready to declare that Griffin will be that guy again so soon. My real concern is that the offense is going to be seen as "gimmick-y", and that the defenses have caught up with it and adjusted accordingly. That is my strongest concern going into next year.


Sounds like a legit concern to me. Seriously, we can't try to run last year's offense ever again. It was a great adjustment given the state of our offensive line, but you're right defenses have adjusted and its also a guarantee to get our young QB killed.

swine
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:57 am
Location: The Superbowl

Re: Lay off RGIII

Postby RG3peat » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Im not a Cousins for President...Its a team effort...win or lose. RG3 though had a good season when they played a last place schedule and not so good when a 1st place one...DEFENSE also....Next year all healed up to play yet again a last place schedule....we shall see if hes up and down v/s the competition.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4340
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Lay off RGIII

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:01 pm

RG3peat wrote:Im not a Cousins for President...Its a team effort...win or lose. RG3 though had a good season when they played a last place schedule and not so good when a 1st place one...DEFENSE also....Next year all healed up to play yet again a last place schedule....we shall see if hes up and down v/s the competition.

I get what you're saying.. but when I realized it only has bearence on two games, it doesn't make much of a difference.

I was actually hoping cousins would play much better then he has the past two.weeks. not just to help he's value go up but also to "teach rgiiia lesson" so to speak. NOW he can legitimately say, "see? Told you these coaches are terrible."
This team needs help.in a lot of areas, starting at the top with the coaches.. luckily we have a franchise qb, rb, and some other key pieces in place to.go.along w our cap space and draft.

Anyone that still want to blame rgiii? Or does Cousins suck now too? Lmao
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ
Posts: 13126
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Lay off RGIII

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:23 pm

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I should have known, haha. I'm not saying last years performance was a fluke, but I'm not ready to declare that Griffin will be that guy again so soon. My real concern is that the offense is going to be seen as "gimmick-y", and that the defenses have caught up with it and adjusted accordingly. That is my strongest concern going into next year.


Sounds like a legit concern to me. Seriously, we can't try to run last year's offense ever again. It was a great adjustment given the state of our offensive line, but you're right defenses have adjusted and its also a guarantee to get our young QB killed.


BEFORE this season, the NFL clarified how defenses can play against a QB in the read option - it's different this season than it was last season

the way the Redskins ran the offense last season is not possible now as it would mean that defenses would annihilate the QB running that offense

the line blocking was just not effective this year at all
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football