POLL: Will Shanny Be The Redskins Head Coach in 2014?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Will Shanny be the head coach next year?

Yes
32%
No
68%

Total votes : 25
Pushing Paper

Re: POLL: Will Shanny Be The Redskins Head Coach in 2014?

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Good lord, this is freaking laughable. The whole article is full of awful.

Kyle Shanahan, now 34, has bristled at the suggestion that his rise has come because of his father; in fact, he joined his dad in Washington only after making a name as an offensive innovator with other teams. Still, Shanahan has mostly allowed his son to craft the offense as he saw fit, watching offensive meetings sometimes on a closed-circuit video feed and approving Kyle’s game plan but rarely making broad changes.

This wasn’t the case for the defense. Shanahan, in his second year into the job, began sitting in on coaches’ defensive meetings. According to a former coach, staff members stormed out several times, furious after Shanahan had changed that week’s defensive game plan.

Haslett, the defensive coordinator and a former NFL head coach, also had part of his play-calling duties on the defense usurped by Shanahan, according to two coaches and a veteran player.

One of Shanahan’s first calls came in September 2011, during a game at Dallas. With the Cowboys on their own 30 with 2 minutes 20 seconds to play, Shanahan called an all-out blitz — “Cover-0,” as it is known — and it backfired, resulting in Dallas quarterback Tony Romo finding wide receiver Dez Bryant for a 30-yard gain. Dallas eventually kicked a field goal for an 18-16 victory, and Haslett was left to shoulder the blame.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:53 pm

Wait and see ..what a mess.

Maybe dan synder can name himself coach. Very frustrating. seems like
I, m bleeding to death as a fan of th redskins.A Gm hire would be nice.
Last edited by gibbsfan on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

-----------

Postby Smithian » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:58 pm

PulpExposure wrote:Good lord, this is freaking laughable. The whole article is full of awful.

Kyle Shanahan, now 34, has bristled at the suggestion that his rise has come because of his father; in fact, he joined his dad in Washington only after making a name as an offensive innovator with other teams. Still, Shanahan has mostly allowed his son to craft the offense as he saw fit, watching offensive meetings sometimes on a closed-circuit video feed and approving Kyle’s game plan but rarely making broad changes.

This wasn’t the case for the defense. Shanahan, in his second year into the job, began sitting in on coaches’ defensive meetings. According to a former coach, staff members stormed out several times, furious after Shanahan had changed that week’s defensive game plan.

Haslett, the defensive coordinator and a former NFL head coach, also had part of his play-calling duties on the defense usurped by Shanahan, according to two coaches and a veteran player.

One of Shanahan’s first calls came in September 2011, during a game at Dallas. With the Cowboys on their own 30 with 2 minutes 20 seconds to play, Shanahan called an all-out blitz — “Cover-0,” as it is known — and it backfired, resulting in Dallas quarterback Tony Romo finding wide receiver Dez Bryant for a 30-yard gain. Dallas eventually kicked a field goal for an 18-16 victory, and Haslett was left to shoulder the blame.
Not sure if you're laughing at the awfulness of Shanahan or the article.

The willingness of some on this board to wave off and laugh at negative reporting in the wake of a 3-13 disaster is astounding.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Hog

Postby redskingush » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:29 pm

No Way the question I have is who? Is the Art Briles rumours really true? Im wondering if Raheem Morris is a candidate.
GO SKINS GO!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:06 pm

Most here could care less who is the HC as long as Mike is gone ... some may not know this, I actually am looking forward to having a new HC ...

but

I would like to know who can come in here and do better ... and the answer from most fans here is "it does not matter, as long as Mike is gone ..."

as bad as it sounds, I think we need another year with Mike .... PLUS a major change of coaching staff

If Mike is fired and Dan brings in a personnel GM to work with Bruce and the FO
and
that GM and FO finds a new HC that suits we might have a chance ...

IF Mike is fired and Dan brings in a new HC we are royally screwed ...

DAN SNYDER DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT WHAT IT TAKES TO MANAGE AN NFL FRANCHISE ...

WE ARE IN THIS MESS BECAUSE OF DAN, NOT MIKE
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:10 pm

gibbsfan wrote:Wait and see ..what a mess.

Maybe dan synder can name himself coach. Very fustrationing seems like I,m bleeding to dealth as a fan of th redskins. A GM hire would be nice.

IF Dan does take over - most of the fans here would not care as long as Mike is gone - now that is a tragedy

most here don't have a clue and think that this franchise should just magically be better after all those years of Dan Snyder screwing with this franchise

WAKE UP
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:28 am

Hell no to Art Briles!

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:52 am

Smithian wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:Good lord, this is freaking laughable. The whole article is full of awful.

Not sure if you're laughing at the awfulness of Shanahan or the article.

The willingness of some on this board to wave off and laugh at negative reporting in the wake of a 3-13 disaster is astounding.

The stuff written about Shanahan...now I feel bad for Haslett.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:37 am

SkinsJock wrote:
gibbsfan wrote:Wait and see ..what a mess.

Maybe dan synder can name himself coach. Very fustrationing seems like I,m bleeding to dealth as a fan of th redskins. A GM hire would be nice.

IF Dan does take over - most of the fans here would not care as long as Mike is gone - now that is a tragedy

most here don't have a clue and think that this franchise should just magically be better after all those years of Dan Snyder screwing with this franchise

WAKE UP

thanks skinsjock ... it's gotten us all twisted and brainwashed I guess...carry on...
Last edited by gibbsfan on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:47 am

Just voted no.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:10 am

PulpExposure wrote:The stuff written about Shanahan...now I feel bad for Haslett.

Puts an interesting twist on all of the haranguing of and blame placed on Haslett on this board, don't it? If Mike was the one calling defensive plays and messing with Jim's schemes, we have no idea how much of the defensive issues were Mike's fault or Haslett's fault. And no, Jim's track record elsewhere doesn't matter for this point, because if we don't know how much responsibility he had in play calling and game planning the last 4 (or 3) years, then we are missing far and away the most important data point in determining Jim's effectiveness.

Has anyone verified that Jim was fired today, too?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:11 am

The whole staff was fired with Shanahan.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:17 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:The whole staff was fired with Shanahan.

That doesn't seem to be the case. Several players have said that Haslett, LaFleur and Kyle have been "released". But all assistants are meeting with Allen one-on-one today, according to reports. It's possible that some may have a future in DC, but hopefully not many.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:19 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:The whole staff was fired with Shanahan.

Curious where you're seeing that. I've only seen that Kyle is gone. Also, when you say whole staff, do you mean they've cleaned out coordinators, position coaches, scouts, etc. or just mike, kyle and jim?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:49 am

I was incorrect, it was Shanahan, Morris, Burns, Haslett, and Kyle.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football