Next Please!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||||||

Re: Next Please!

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Danny Smith's name is coming up also. People are saying that Bill is the leading candidate at the moment on 980.

Dear god, Danny Smith?!

This is the fun part - everybody is a candidate, lol.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:00 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Jesus please say no to Art Briles. That would officially make me hate Griffin.

I think not only you, but others, such as myself, may have to turn in all of my RGIII gear as I know he would've "gotten his way." I do not like spoiled brats.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:01 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:Danny Smith's name is coming up also. People are saying that Bill is the leading candidate at the moment on 980.

Dear god, Danny Smith?!

Having heard how much Shanahan undermined Haslett... one has to wonder how much he tinkered with ST, as well...

Though, I have to admit... that name makes me throw up in my mouth, just a little...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:03 pm

Cappster wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Jesus please say no to Art Briles. That would officially make me hate Griffin.

I think not only you, but others, such as myself, may have to turn in all of my RGIII gear as I know he would've "gotten his way." I do not like spoiled brats.
Not only that, I would fear a return to Spurrier hell... after the Spurrier and Zorn catastrophes, I don't see a Briles coronation in DC.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:05 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Cappster wrote:

Not only that, I would fear a return to Spurrier hell... after the Spurrier and Zorn catastrophes, I don't see a Briles coronation in DC.

I don't want to take that risk either. Briles might be ok but not for this team as long as Robert is the QB.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:12 pm

For all the talk about "perception", and "locker room dynamics", I think the greatest obstacle to a Briles appointment would be the Spurrier experience. College head coach with supposedly revolutionary concepts wants to try the big league? Hmmmm.

However, if Snyder is truly letting Allen run the show, then the Spurrier experience simply shouldn't have any impact. If Bruce thinks Briles is the right man, then he should be our choice.

Over the last two weeks, I've read more debate about Briles than all the other speculated candidates combined.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:43 pm

If the guys making the choice are the football guys, we do not have a worry - no college coach would be able to manage and cope with all that is going on here

this job calls for a 'manager' and that guy has to be an NFL guy not a rah rah guy
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:55 pm

SkinsJock wrote:If the guys making the choice are the football guys, we do not have a worry - no college coach would be able to manage and cope with all that is going on here

this job
calls for a 'manager' and that guy has to be an NFL guy not a rah rah guy

Funny how Mike tipped his hat towards the media.

Hog

Postby Neo » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:59 pm

Countertrey wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:

Dear god, Danny Smith?!

Having heard how much Shanahan undermined Haslett... one has to wonder how much he tinkered with ST, as well...

Though, I have to admit... that name makes me throw up in my mouth, just a little...

I was shocked when I read that article about Shanny meddling. Almost sounded like Shanny was Snyder 2.0. That's a scary thought!

Now watch Haz run off to another team and build a top 5 defense :roll: Would be just the irony we've come to know of this organization.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:09 pm

NO MORE DICTATORSHIP!!!! Live long and prosper and merry Redskins to you. It is quite simple CHECKS AND BALANCES!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:12 am

Russ Grimm.

He is a real Redskin.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:01 am

welch wrote:Russ Grimm.

He is a real Redskin.

I would be ok with this.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:07 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:we need to hire a HC that will 'manage' the team - he then needs to have V good assistant coaches to coach up the players
HC's are no longer the play callers - they mostly let their assistants do that and are there to make sure their assistant coaches do the job in the manner he wants them to
I do not think a college coach can do that and also 'deal' with the owner we have

Dan Snyder is a part of the problem here and a HC has to make sure that he has the 'control' of his players despite what Dan is going to try and do

did I mention that there is NO WAY a college coach can handle this job ... :D

Bruce was asked questions on this. He didn't think Dan was a problem. You always had a great belief in the FO. Where is it now? Maybe Dan hasn't been a problem the last 4 years like some say. In your defense. Doc seems to think Dan shares the responsibility too. It just may be a case where he wasn't the monster some people think he is.

Dan Snyder is STILL a part of the problem here - he created the mess and he's still meddling ... I will say, maybe he's not as bad as he was

I said before that Dan Snyder could come out of this well by letting the FO and the football guys make the choices here and I think he's going to give that a try ..

this could be better than we thought - our worst fears were that Snyder would fire Mike, then bring in a new HC - it looks like he's going to stay away ... for now

there's no way that the NFL guys are bringing in a college HC

We need an NFL guy to manage things and some really good assistant coaches who are the real force in the NFL now
in the NFL today, the guys making the machine work are the assistants
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

swine

Postby cowboyhater4life » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:21 am

I think that there is something to say that Allen is still around and Snyder didn't wipe out the whole FO.
Sounds like Shannahan had more controll then Allen did and synder realizes that and gave full control to Allen after Shannahans departure .
R.I.P. Taylor!

swine

Postby cowboyhater4life » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:36 am

Shaw just said he was going to stay in college next year. Don't blame him when you can lose your job after 1 year in the NFL
R.I.P. Taylor!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football