Ready for the draft

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||||||

Re: Ready for the draft

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:34 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:A #3 and a #4 would be good too. Maybe one of them would be able to return kickoffs to the 30, and the occasional punt?!

We have people that can fulfill those roles.

Nobody who's demonstrated it yet, to my mind. Some decent coaching might help.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:need a Tru 1wr Garçon is good but we

Garcon is a number one. What we NEED is a solid #2 to compliment him.

Yes, what he said. The guy just led the league in receptions!!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:51 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:A #3 and a #4 would be good too. Maybe one of them would be able to return kickoffs to the 30, and the occasional punt?!

We have people that can fulfill those roles.

Nobody who's demonstrated it yet, to my mind. Some decent coaching might help.

The new KR has been decent. He looks like a Welker type player. Hankerson can be solid third or fourth WR. Aldrick is good enough to be a 4th guy. We have a team with a clear #1 and a bunch of 3's and 4's. We need a solid #2, so that we can properly place our 3's and 4's in their right positions.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:21 pm

I agree that Hankerson and Robinson COULD be solid 3rd and 4th receivers, but they just haven't developed much. I'd love to see them step up. But one area where the coaching has been desperately weak under Shanahan is wide receiver. A proper receivers coach might just get them to break through.

Not sold on Nick Williams at all, but there are always players who emerge under new coaches. All of these guys are the sort of player that really good coaching might make all the difference.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:27 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:I agree that Hankerson and Robinson COULD be solid 3rd and 4th receivers, but they just haven't developed much.

I think Hank's numbers look pretty good for a #3 WR this year. He contributed and definitely improved on not dropping the ball. My question with him would be: as a third round pick shouldn't we be thinking he would have developed into a capable second WR? And of course, he's finished two seasons on IR now so can he bounce back from that?

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:42 pm

Oline,Oline OLINE!!!! Please work that into the draft every year.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:46 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Oline,Oline OLINE!!!! Please work that into the draft every year.

If I was running the show, I'd have it written in everybody's contract that an o-lineman will be selected in the first three rounds, every damn year, until we've built a proper line!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:31 am

Around pick 34 there should be decent OL and WR options, don't think there will be too many great safety or corner options. But people's stock can rise and drop out of nowhere. I'm thinkin Paul Richardson, Donte Moncrief, Kelvin Benjamin, Zack Martin, Antonio Richardson, Gabe Jackson, Cyril Richardson. Lotta Richardsons.

Kelvin Benjamin's stock could easily rise, especially after how Alshon Jeffery played this year.

Also there's a good DT projected to go around there, Aaron Donald, guy is a technical and strong pass rusher, and should avoid rising due to his measurables. He would help out Orakpo and Kerrigan, especially if we go back to a 4-3. He might not make it to us because he is a beast on tape, it would be a steal IMO.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:52 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:Not sold on Nick Williams at all, but there are always players who emerge under new coaches. All of these guys are the sort of player that really good coaching might make all the difference.

According to Cooley he gets open. I've seen him open and missed. Again, we're talking 3rd/4th WR's here...

Hog

Postby Neo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:18 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
The new KR has been decent. He looks like a Welker type player. Hankerson can be solid third or fourth WR. Aldrick is good enough to be a 4th guy. We have a team with a clear #1 and a bunch of 3's and 4's. We need a solid #2, so that we can properly place our 3's and 4's in their right positions.

I see us easily getting that #2 in free agency.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby Neo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:20 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:Not sold on Nick Williams at all, but there are always players who emerge under new coaches. All of these guys are the sort of player that really good coaching might make all the difference.

According to Cooley he gets open. I've seen him open and missed. Again, we're talking 3rd/4th WR's here...

I don't think we know what talent we do or don't have on this team yet...it will take a gifted coach to condition these guys to full form. We might have a hidden gem or two already on the roster.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:29 pm

Neo wrote:I don't think we know what talent we do or don't have on this team yet...

I'll take C00ley's word on him.

Postby yupchagee » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:39 pm

riggofan wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:I agree that Hankerson and Robinson COULD be solid 3rd and 4th receivers, but they just haven't developed much.

I think Hank's numbers look pretty good for a #3 WR this year. He contributed and definitely improved on not dropping the ball. My question with him would be: as a third round pick shouldn't we be thinking he would have developed into a capable second WR? And of course, he's finished two seasons on IR now so can he bounce back from that?

He's a #2 IF he can get & stay healthy. 2 trips to IR
don't me that confident he will.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:53 pm

If we're considering Garcon a 1, he's certainly a sketchy 1. He's certainly in the top 32 overall, which I guess makes him a 1, but he's not elite. He's not Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, Fitz, etc. With that in mind, we need another 1 or a high-end 2. I don't think Leonard Hankerson is the answer.
Last edited by brad7686 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:16 pm

I watched the Fiesta Bowl last night to specifically pay attention to Cyril Richardson (G -- Baylor). He was quite impressive. I would LOVE to take him with our 2nd round pick. He's garnering high 2nd round grades and has been compared to Larry Allen. Think about that lined up next to Trent Williams....

Yes, replacing Chris Chester is more important, but pay attention to Richardson at LG.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football