Next Please!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Next Please!

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:52 am

cowboyhater4life wrote:Shaw just said he was going to stay in college next year. Don't blame him when you can lose your job after 1 year in the NFL

I honestly don't know why any of those guys choose to leave college for the NFL. Spurrier leaving Florida to come here, for example. Completely boggles my mind.

piggie

Postby OldSchool » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:19 pm

I think Detroit is a much better head coach job than the Skins job because the Fords are much easier to work for than Snyder and they won't intervene and mess things up with "bold genius" trades, Detroit has more talent on their roster than the Skins and even modest success would be well received in Detroit. The media coverage would also be less intense in Detroit since the Lions really share the spotlight with other teams with very devoted fans. The Pistons, Tigers and Redwings all are much more established than their DC counterparts. Even the bigger college programs in Michigan help to reduce the intensity of focus on the Lions. The University of Michigan and Michigan State athletic programs dwarf the DC area college programs. would be better also The only positive I think the Skins have over Detroit is free agents would probably rather move to DC than Detroit.
********************************* Spoiler Alert **************************************

"Robert has to learn the new system!" Will be the party line in 2014

Hog

Postby Neo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:42 pm

I'm so bored today...was certain there would be all kinds of news stirring. It seems to be all the same ol speculations as before. Talking about the major news outlets btw
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:50 pm

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-w ... kins-radar

CSN narrows it down, similar to what ESPN was saying.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Fred Smoot tweets:
I just spoke with Greg Williams and he is very interested in the Redskins HeadCoaching job.....I think Greg could help Redskins Nation...

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:06 pm

EA7649 wrote:http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/which-candidates-are-redskins-radar

That is still just a bunch of speculation by a reporter justifying a byline. Until there is attribution, it's junk.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Neo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:25 pm

Countertrey wrote:
EA7649 wrote:http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/which-candidates-are-redskins-radar

That is still just a bunch of speculation by a reporter justifying a byline. Until there is attribution, it's junk.

LOL did you see that cut away shot of Griffin breaking it down to Kyle...and Kyle flipping through his papers looking all...experienced :)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:53 pm

I'm nervously optimistic that we're going to get away with this ... I was worried that Snyder might want to get back into things ...

I am glad that Mike is gone but I'm actually optimistic that Bruce Allen and the guys in the FO here can pull this together and continue to make remake this franchise

we do have some very good players to build around and we are very solid as far as the cap and the salary situation is concerned

GO BRUCE GO - bring it home

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... -decisions
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:41 pm

So, Darrell Bevell and Sean McDermott "confirmed" so far. Interesting to see that they're considering the possibility of a defensive head coach.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/red ... -Y.twitter
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby Neo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:58 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm nervously optimistic that we're going to get away with this ... I was worried that Snyder might want to get back into things ...

I am glad that Mike is gone but I'm actually optimistic that Bruce Allen and the guys in the FO here can pull this together and continue to make remake this franchise

we do have some very good players to build around and we are very solid as far as the cap and the salary situation is concerned

If I were a control freak like how Snyder...at least was, I'd be all in the press conferences defending my name. I think the fact that he's absent is evidence that he's taken a more hands off approach.

What get under my skin now is these commentators, etc. who were once talking about how Snyder was meddling too much are now changing their stories to "well you know, Shanahan was meddling too much and Snyder should have stepped in." :roll:

How some of these writers still have jobs is beyond me...

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:05 pm

Neo wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I'm nervously optimistic that we're going to get away with this ... I was worried that Snyder might want to get back into things ...

If I were a control freak like how Snyder...at least was, I'd be all in the press conferences defending my name. I think the fact that he's absent is evidence that he's taken a more hands off approach.

What get under my skin now is these commentators, etc. who were once talking about how Snyder was meddling too much are now changing their stories to "well you know, Shanahan was meddling too much and Snyder should have stepped in." :roll:

How some of these writers still have jobs is beyond me...
=D>

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:13 pm

like some of us have been saying for a while now - most of the BS that was 'reported' at the end of the season was just that

I even started to think and worry that Dan might have been a part of the problem here ... :oops:

we now see that Snyder has indeed let things go to a certain extent and the way he's letting the football guys do their thing is clear evidence that he was not interfering or meddling as so many of these reports were trying to intimate

Mike did not get it done but it was not due to anything that Snyder did or did not do ...

I just love it that all the doom and gloom guys are having it handed to them ...

onward and upward - thanks Mike, we owe you a lot but it's time to move on :D
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:39 pm

SkinsJock wrote:like some of us have been saying for a while now - most of the BS that was 'reported' at the end of the season was just that

I even started to think and worry that Dan might have been a part of the problem here ... :oops:

we now see that Snyder has indeed let things go to a certain extent and the way he's letting the football guys do their thing is clear evidence that he was not interfering or meddling as so many of these reports were trying to intimate

Mike did not get it done but it was not due to anything that Snyder did or did not do ...

I just love it that all the doom and gloom guys are having it handed to them ...

onward and upward - thanks Mike, we owe you a lot but it's time to move on :D

Actually it sounded to me like Bruce was pointing his finger at Mike for leaks and such.

Who are they?

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:36 pm

riggofan wrote:Fred Smoot tweets:
I just spoke with Greg Williams and he is very interested in the Redskins HeadCoaching job.....I think Greg could help Redskins Nation...

I have no clue how that would work out, but I bet he couldn't do any worse than Mike. You have to go way back to the early 60s to find a worse Redskins team.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:21 pm

Obrien is off the market, per ESPN's Adam Schefter... signing with the Texans...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football