A Summary of how I think the Redskin mess unfolded

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Re: A Summary of how I think the Redskin mess unfolded

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:26 am

I know many of you do not like Sally Jenkins but ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... story.html

Excerpts:

The problem, and it has been the same problem all along, what’s chronically wrong with the organization, is that the owner would rather be a central figure on a losing team than a marginal figure on a winning one. He simply can’t live with being a mute observer. This means tension instead of efficiency. It means fractiousness instead of cohesion. And it means drama instead of success, year after year.

-snip-

The guess here is that Shanahan was finished as Redskins coach long ago — a dead man walking maybe as early as last spring, when radioactively over-empowered rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III began to openly campaign against the coach to the owner, and the owner didn’t stop it. The result was that nobody knew who they were playing for.

-snip-

Schottenheimer vividly described it once in a radio interview, talking about Snyder’s habit of whispering with then-aide Vinny Cerrato. “Wait until I get up in the owner’s box during the regular season,” Cerrato told him, “and then we’ll see who Dan listens to.”

The names have changed, but the dynamic hasn’t. In 2013, we had the Shanahan-Snyder-Griffin triangle, with the player and owner whispering in each other’s ears. Shanahan made no secret of his unhappiness with it, and presumably, his view of this season’s disaster is that it exploded his locker room. And the result is that the Redskins are starting from scratch — again.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:45 am

more great 'reporting' from S Jenkins and the Washington Post ...

some things never change - this rag and this hag have nothing to offer that is not anti Redskins and fabricated

I NEVER read anything from the Post sports reporters and especially not from S Jenkins
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:52 am

I suggest you read Jason Reid articles. I'm convinced that he's Griffin's cousin. He wrote an article saying the number 1 priority this offseason was to make Griffin happy and to find someone who could make football fun for him again.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:55 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:I suggest you read Jason Reid articles. I'm convinced that he's Griffin's cousin.
He wrote an article saying the number 1 priority this offseason was to make Griffin happy and to find someone who could make football fun for him again.

ROTFALMAO - I mean, you just can't make up stuff like this
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:34 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I suggest you read Jason Reid articles. I'm convinced that he's Griffin's cousin. He wrote an article saying the number 1 priority this offseason was to make Griffin happy and to find someone who could make football fun for him again.

Reid's just butt hurt because Allen wouldn't play his blame game...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:29 pm

SkinsJock wrote:more great 'reporting' from S Jenkins and the Washington Post ...

some things never change - this rag and this hag have nothing to offer that is not anti Redskins and fabricated

I NEVER read anything from the Post sports reporters and especially not from S Jenkins

Yet the first excerpt I posted from Sally could've been written by you or any number of posters you've agreed with.

#shrug

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:03 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote: ... some things never change - this rag and this hag have nothing to offer that is not anti Redskins and fabricated

I NEVER read anything from the Post and especially not from S Jenkins

Yet the first excerpt I posted from Sally could've been written by you or any number of posters you've agreed with.
:lol: I have no idea what you're referring to as I do not read trash .... and that includes many posts here as well :D

btw - thanks for all the contributions from you too :twisted:

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:55 pm

Dan Snyder=BAD
Lance Armstrong=GOOD

I'll never read a word that woman writes, I'm sorry.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:08 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Dan Snyder=BAD
Lance Armstrong=GOOD

This is beautiful!!! I think I'm misting up! =D>
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:31 pm

Countertrey wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:Dan Snyder=BAD
Lance Armstrong=GOOD

This is beautiful!!! I think I'm misting up! =D>

Hah! Seriously, I don't regard the Post writers with much respect. But I regard Ms. Sally with none.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:15 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote: ... some things never change - this rag and this hag have nothing to offer that is not anti Redskins and fabricated

I NEVER read anything from the Post and especially not from S Jenkins

:lol: I have no idea what you're referring to as I do not read trash .... and that includes many posts here as well :D

btw - thanks for all the contributions from you too :twisted:

There you have it ... denial.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:58 am

SkinsJock wrote:
SKINS#1 wrote:SkinsJock - My point was to try and understand the sequence of events to date based on a couple facts.
1. MS drafted KC after RG3, many on the board wondered why.
2. MS was/is trying to make RG3 a pocket QB.
Who knows the real story but I was making a rational summary based on what is known.

I agree that nobody knows for sure but we were told by Mike at the time when there were MANY questioning why Mike would take another QB he said "we could not believe he was there - we were not planning on taking him but we could not pass him up - it was too good a player to pass on"

So there were no ulterior motives as far as we know :D

and then a short time later we all thought that maybe we could get a draft pick for him …

now, I think we keep him - getting a first round pick is not worth it IMHO

why risk taking a first round player when you have a good back up QB - I think we keep him

We would not get a first rounder for KC after his last 3 games. No question.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:05 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:I suggest you read Jason Reid articles. I'm convinced that he's Griffin's cousin. He wrote an article saying the number 1 priority this offseason was to make Griffin happy and to find someone who could make football fun for him again.

If that's true, he's a huge idiot.

And everyone knows that football is ONLY fun when you win, so there is no logic in the "making football fun" statement. It's a serious business with serious consequences for underperformance. It's like me telling my boss that he needs to change things up and make law fun again for me..... :roll: Total nonsense.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:33 pm

we have seen that most of the BS reports about what went down and why were just that ...

Mike got what he wanted and in some ways he helped the franchise but he made a number of bad decisions that cost him his job

we will continue to be managed by NFL guys as has been the case since Mike came in and Dan will stay away from hurting this franchise as he has since Mike came in

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:43 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Dan will stay away from hurting this franchise as he has since Mike came in

I'm curious why you think this is so.

Just asking.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football