Redskins will reach out to Bill Cowher

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

Redskins will reach out to Bill Cowher

Postby drocksthaparty » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:28 pm

I have not seen Cowher's name mentioned but I thought you guys would enjoy this

http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/redskins-ar ... ll-cowher/

Hog

Re: Redskins will reach out to Bill Cowher

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:39 pm

I forget where I heard it. It could have been 980 radio. The Skins have talked to him a couple of times. Who knows what was discussed though?

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:00 pm

Once again... if there's no attribution, it's just a load of crap.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piglet

Postby drocksthaparty » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:48 pm

It would be nice to see them go after him. One thing about it, Dan is not afraid to pay someone. Bill Cowher would be a great name in the city. I like him better than McDermott

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:58 pm

drocksthaparty wrote:It would be nice to see them go after him. One thing about it, Dan is not afraid to pay someone. Bill Cowher would be a great name in the city. I like him better than McDermott

Problem is the Skins are damed if they do and damed if they don't. We have already tried the ole ball coach from school. We tried the up and coming minds. We have tried the wily veteran coach. Up to Bruce to figure what to try next.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:24 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
drocksthaparty wrote:It would be nice to see them go after him. One thing about it, Dan is not afraid to pay someone. Bill Cowher would be a great name in the city. I like him better than McDermott

Problem is the Skins are damed if they do and damed if they don't. We have already tried the ole ball coach from school. We tried the up and coming minds. We have tried the wily veteran coach. Up to Bruce to figure what to try next.

What we haven't tried is an up and coming coordinator from the NFL. Zorn wasn't even a coordinator, and couldn't (even in his wildest dreams) ever be described as an up and coming mind.

Why anybody thinks Cowher would be a good fit is a mystery to me!
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:25 am

Oh, and congratulations to the OP for actually spelling "Cowher" correctly - refreshing!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:49 am

If they do reach out Danny boy has learned nothing from the MS experience.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:58 am

Cowher would be terrific if ...

1) a good GM chooses the 90 or so players that show up this summer while also handling the salaries and cap,

2) Cowher is the head coach ONLY who chooses and coaches the final roster and has under him a good OC and a good DC who can call what they want, and

3) Snyder becomes an owner only, not a "friend" of one or more players.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:06 pm

We're going to see this FO do what we've all wanted since Dan Snyder handed the reins over to Mike & Bruce ...

they are going to look at a lot of potential candidates and make the choice based on who best suits what this franchise needs going forward ...

Snyder and Cerrato had no idea about what players or coaches would help this franchise on the field
they simply brought in "the best fantasy" or media hyped player & coach and hoped it would "work"

I was originally concerned about what might happen if we got rid of Mike - what we are seeing and hearing is a very good thing for this franchise

we are still in the wait until next year mode but we're seeing that this franchise will continue to be managed by guys that have a clue about what they're doing
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:09 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Cowher would be terrific if ...

1) a good GM chooses the 90 or so players that show up this summer while also handling the salaries and cap,

2) Cowher is the head coach ONLY who chooses and coaches the final roster and has under him a good OC and a good DC who can call what they want, and

3) Snyder becomes an owner only, not a "friend" of one or more players.

+1

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:29 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:

What we haven't tried is an up and coming coordinator from the NFL. Zorn wasn't even a coordinator, and couldn't (even in his wildest dreams) ever be described as an up and coming mind.

That part is wrong. Hindsight says differently, but at the time he was considered an OC in the making.

Zorn wouldn't be the sexy pick but given the Chiefs' theme of continuity this off-season, it also would not be that surprising if the team promoted Zorn as the team's offensive coordinator.

Even more evidence that some still recently consider him an offense mind in the making.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/1/21 ... fs-in-2012

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
That part is wrong. Hindsight says differently, but at the time he was considered an OC in the making.

Zorn wouldn't be the sexy pick but given the Chiefs' theme of continuity this off-season, it also would not be that surprising if the team promoted Zorn as the team's offensive coordinator.

Even more evidence that some still recently consider him an offense mind in the making.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/1/21 ... fs-in-2012

The one time he did get an OC gig he was so good at it, he was given a promotion before he put in any work at OC. #-o

Then went from former HC back to QB coach.... even has a QB coach he moved around quite a bit
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:27 pm

Lol that is why I mentioned easy to say in hindsight. I don't want Zorn anywhere near this team.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:41 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:What we haven't tried is an up and coming coordinator from the NFL. Zorn wasn't even a coordinator, and couldn't (even in his wildest dreams) ever be described as an up and coming mind.

:hmm:

Hindsight? It's fact. He wasn't a coordinator, unless we count Utah State? I think I know what you're trying to say, but he never performed the role of offensive coordinator in the NFL.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football