Redskins will reach out to Bill Cowher

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||||||

Re: Redskins will reach out to Bill Cowher

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Unless you meant to highlight the "up and coming mind" phrase? In which case, I'll concede you may have a point.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby Neo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:32 pm

So far, Cowher is my favorite candidate. I did like O'Brien but the Texans ruined my fun.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:24 pm

Neo wrote:So far, Cowher is my favorite candidate. I did like O'Brien but the Texans ruined my fun.
We disagree. While I don't have a preference FOR anyone, I do NOT want Cowher in our FO. He is out of touch... and has a big chin.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:35 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Neo wrote:So far, Cowher is my favorite candidate. I did like O'Brien but the Texans ruined my fun.
We disagree. While I don't have a preference FOR anyone, I do NOT want Cowher in our FO. He is out of touch... and has a big chin.

:D say no to "the chin"
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:47 pm

On Total Access (NFL Network) Clinton Portis said he wants to see Cowher hired as HC in DC. Goodness, I hope that doesn't happen. [-X

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:On Total Access (NFL Network) Clinton Portis said he wants to see Cowher hired as HC in DC. Goodness, I hope that doesn't happen. [-X
... if you listened to the whole thing... Clinton sounds like a Carolina homer now... just sayin... :wink:

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:16 pm

He was also gung ho about Mike coming here 4 years ago. So I can now say forget Bill and feel good about it.

Hog

Postby Neo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:47 pm

Countertrey wrote:

Had to happen sooner or later lol

Out of touch in the sense he's been out of the league for 7yrs? Definitely a valid concern.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

piglet

Postby AnthonyRRedskin1995 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:07 pm

No Cowher. He hasn't coached in years the game has likely passed him by. Give me a top-notched OC that will work with RG3 to bring out the best in him. Darrell Bevell is #1 on my last. He has done remarkable things with Russell Wilson and I feel he is a great playcaller, (Something that we are not exactly used to having around here). Then hire Greg Williams as DC and hopefully, we'll be back to the playoffs in no time!!!
“I don’t like ‘em. They all have bad breath.” Dexter Manley on Cowboys Fans.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:10 am

AnthonyRRedskin1995 wrote:No Cowher. He hasn't coached in years the game has likely passed him by. Give me a top-notched OC that will work with RG3 to bring out the best in him. Darrell Bevell is #1 on my last. He has done remarkable things with Russell Wilson and I feel he is a great playcaller, (Something that we are not exactly used to having around here). Then hire Greg Williams as DC and hopefully, we'll be back to the playoffs in no time!!!

=D>
Welcome to.the site! Great first post man... An opinion with supporting statements and/or facts is rare gift lmao
I'm with you on the Bevell thing... Only the interwebs (squawk fan forums) are apparently claiming he doesn't call all the plays and/or can't take the credit for grooming Wilson. Not sure where the truth lies jus thought I'd pass along the rumors.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

swine

Postby masterkwon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:10 am

Bill Cowher worked for one of, if not the, best owners in football, and all of sports for that matter. I just can't imagine that he would come to Washington and be a part of Tiny's circus of an organization. Why tarnish his reputation for a three or four year gig like all, except for Marty, of the Little One's previous hires did. And besides, Cowher has already won a Super Bowl. Surely Tiny is not dumb enough make that mistake three times...oh wait...scratch that.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:38 am

Neo wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

Had to happen sooner or later lol

Out of touch in the sense he's been out of the league for 7yrs? Definitely a valid concern.

Joe Gibbs, while out for longer than Cower, had also lost touch with the ebb and flow of the game... rules changes, evolution of play development and game planning philosophy related to that, game management (including clock management). It had a negative impact on his effectiveness, from which I think he never quite caught up... and he's a much better coach than Cowher.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:20 am

This would be the lamest possible hire I could imagine.

Shannon Sharpe, his colleague at CBS, says there is 0% chance Cowher leaves to coach the Redskins. I hope he's right.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:32 pm

AnthonyRRedskin1995 wrote:No Cowher. He hasn't coached in years the game has likely passed him by. Give me a top-notched OC that will work with RG3 to bring out the best in him. Darrell Bevell is #1 on my last. He has done remarkable things with Russell Wilson and I feel he is a great playcaller, (Something that we are not exactly used to having around here). Then hire Greg Williams as DC and hopefully, we'll be back to the playoffs in no time!!!

welcome to the site and awesome post
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:36 pm

riggofan wrote:This would be the lamest possible hire I could imagine.

Shannon Sharpe, his colleague at CBS, says there is 0% chance Cowher leaves to coach the Redskins. I hope he's right.

He actually typed a lowercase "o", but I think he was trying to type 0. :lol:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football