Next Please!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
swine

Re: Next Please!

Postby cowboyhater4life » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:41 pm

So far the candidates are:

Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell
Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott
Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.
Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell

Not too much HC experience
R.I.P. Taylor!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:57 am

cowboyhater4life wrote:So far the candidates are:

What's scary about that list is McDermott is the only one with a really successful unit. Ravens O is off and on.. Seahawks too. Hell Wilson can win a game putting up >150 Yards w his D to bail him out like when they won the game for him vs the Rams goal line stand.
Giants D is.. well its whatever.
While I want an improved D we need an offense minded coach or a great OC/qb coach to progress RGiii and Cousins is what concerns me
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:38 am

SkinsJock wrote:Dan Snyder is not involved with decision making and has not been involved with decision making here since Mike & Bruce came in

we have been given to understand that he's going to continue to let the FO guys make the player and coaching decisions

I'm very hopeful for the continued improvement of this franchise

I wanted Mike gone but was worried that Dan Snyder might get back to making football related decisions
Dan Snyder has not been involved with those decisions and will continue to do what he's done the past 4 years

You're probably the only one that believes this. 3-13 is "continued improvement"?
Suck and Luck

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:52 am

The possibility of the Redskins getting involved with Briles may have got smaller:

Jason King ‏@JasonKingBR 5h
After tonight's game, Art Briles told prominent donor and Texas Rangers co-owner Bob Simpson that he was staying at Baylor.
Retweeted by John Keim
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:56 am

I'm guessing there's a lot of misdirection going on here. If the Redskins have a number one preference, I'm not convinced that he's on the list of names being mentioned as "confirmed" candidates.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:39 am

CanesSkins26 wrote: .. You're probably the only one that believes this. 3-13 is "continued improvement"?

The power of one - this FO WILL continue to make this franchise better

Mike & Bruce got control away from Snyder but could not translate that into having a consistently competitive product on the field ...

Instead of stepping back in Dan Snyder is going to let Bruce and the FO continue to improve the franchise ...

time will tell if these guys can do that or if we're better off with Dan Snyder in charge

happy new year ... :D
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:59 am

cowboyhater4life wrote:So far the candidates are:

I'm ok with "not too much HC experience" if its a guy who has worked around successful coaches, successful teams and can get players to respect him from day one. Personally, I'm really trying to keep an open mind about all of the candidates, especially these coordinators that I don't know especially well.

I gotta say out of that list, the one that really interests me is Perry Fewell. He's worked for both Coughlin and Lovie Smith, and I see was an interim head coach (3-4) at one point for the Bills. Good background and resume. Only 51 years old.

These two quotes from the NY Post stood out to me:

"His defense staged an impressive comeback, ranked near the bottom of the NFL after six games yet climbing all the way up to No. 8 in the league by the end of the regular season."

"Having Fewell in the NFC East with the Redskins would be fascinating, considering the Giants have 23 unrestricted free agents, including key defensive linemen Justin Tuck and Linval Joseph and linebacker Jon Beason, players who no doubt Fewell would love to bring with him if he’s headed to a new destination."

Anybody have any thoughts on him?

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:00 am

Scratch Lovie. He's a Buccaneer.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

-----------

Postby Smithian » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:54 am

Vegas odds have Whisenhunt as the favorite. Hopefully they have inside information because I would be very happy with that hire if he hired Ray Horton or another top DC.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:01 pm

I'm really not worried - I think this FO will put a lot of thought into this selection as well as trying to ensure their top 3 (HC, OC & DC) will suit each other and what the FO guys envisage as being best for the Redskins offense and defense
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:44 pm

How about Jay Gruden? The guy has worked with Haslett before. Haslett hired him as his OC for the Florida Tuskers. He was also has worked with Bruce Allen in Tampa for like 6 years as an offensive assistant, so there is history with current staff and front office. Notice, Bruce has kept his guys and it would make sense that he continues to add his guys here. McVay was hired by Bruce in Tampa, then was hired by Haslett with the Florida Tuskers where he worked under Jay Gruden. Raheem Morris was another coach that was with Tampa with Bruce and Jay Gruden. He was a Bruce Allen hire here as well. Just connecting the dots.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:47 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:How about Jay Gruden? The guy has worked with Haslett before. Haslett hired him as his OC for the Florida Tuskers. He was also has worked with Bruce Allen in Tampa for like 6 years as an offensive assistant, so there is history with current staff and front office. Notice, Bruce has kept his guys and it would make sense that he continues to add his guys here. McVay was hired by Bruce in Tampa, then was hired by Haslett with the Florida Tuskers where he worked under Jay Gruden. Raheem Morris was another coach that was with Tampa with Bruce and Jay Gruden. He was a Bruce Allen hire here as well. Just connecting the dots.

Definitely one of my top choices. Although I'm not that hyped about the prospect of him keeping Haz if that's a scenario.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

I like the idea of Whisenhunt coming to DC. And thank God that Art Briles doesn't look like he's coming here.

swine

Postby Skins Fan in Indy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:42 pm

There has to be some former Skins or people that have strong ties to the Skins who can do the job. Lets bring back tradition!.
Keeping the Faith in Indy!!!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:46 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I like the idea of Whisenhunt coming to DC. And thank God that Art Briles doesn't look like he's coming here.

I'd be good with Whisenhunt. Sounds like Detroit is hot after him right now.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football