Next Please!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||||||

Re: Next Please!

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Skins Fan in Indy wrote:There has to be some former Skins or people that have strong ties to the Skins who can do the job. Lets bring back tradition!.

Let's bring back winning - that's the tradition that I miss the most. Get the best man for the job - I don't care who he's played for really.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

swine

Postby Skins Fan in Indy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:15 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Skins Fan in Indy wrote:There has to be some former Skins or people that have strong ties to the Skins who can do the job. Lets bring back tradition!.

Let's bring back winning - that's the tradition that I miss the most. Get the best man for the job - I don't care who he's played for really.

AMEN!!!
Keeping the Faith in Indy!!!!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:45 pm

Joey T on this matter...

Theismann went on to say that the team’s next offensive coordinator is more important to RGIII than the next head coach.
“It’s hard to say who the perfect coach is gonna be, because I think it’s more about the coordinator than the coach,” Theismann said. “I really feel like you have to have the right kind of coordinator for the system on offense and Jay Gruden is a guy that I had an association with in the NFL down in Orlando, who I think did a terrific job as an offensive coordinator. Greg Roman out in San Francisco has had Colin Kaepernick.

“I think the top two candidates for head coaching jobs around the league are, Lovie Smith is one*, I think Jack Del Rio has to be considered as another. And of course Todd Bowles’s name has been mentioned. It’s gonna be really important for Robert to be able to work in the offseason and develop the ability to throw the ball down the field accurately.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... -disaster/

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:54 am

I still have the feeling that the Redskins preferred candidate hasn't been invited to interview yet - the guys who have been "confirmed" so far are those who haven't been involved in the playoffs, or whose teams have a bye this week. I suspect (with absolutely no evidence to back it up) that, after the completion of college bowl games and the first round of NFL playoffs this weekend, some more names will surface. My hunch? Jay Gruden, Ken Whisenhunt, Greg Roman, and maybe a college head coach. My view of Art Briles has become more negative over the last week, because I think we do need somebody with NFL experience of some sort. For that reason, a complete wildcard like James Franklin of Vanderbilt (who has at least been exposed to the NFL) could get an interview, although I don't think he's a serious contender. David Shaw seems to have hurt his reputation with a lacklustre display in the Rose Bowl.

One other wild possibility - I see a lot of love in Twitter land for Dave Toub, special teams coach for the Chiefs.

If this was fantasy football land, a combination of Jay Gruden as head coach, Hue Jackson as offensive coordinator, and Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator would seem nice.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:03 am

I totally forgot about Jack Del Rio. I wonder if he'll want to try to to go to the Vikings though.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:01 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:I still have the feeling that the Redskins preferred candidate hasn't been invited to interview yet - the guys who have been "confirmed" so far are those who haven't been involved in the playoffs, or whose teams have a bye this week.

I don't know about "preferred candidate" or not, but I'm sure you're right about this. Probably need to be patient and have a chance to talk to some of those guys who are still in the playoffs.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:07 am

the FO guys have been on this for some time now and we're not getting any 'reports' because the top choices are with playoff teams ...
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:18 am

My best guess would be we settle for the guy from Carolina or the guy from Seattle.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:34 am

Latest "confirmed" rumour is that we are interviewing Rich Bisaccia, special teams coach of the Cowpats.

As an ignorant Englishman, my first thought was "who?". But then I read this:
http://httr24-7.com/blog/the-case-for-rich-bisaccia/

Earlier today, I mentioned Dave Toub - Bisaccia is also a highly competent special teams coach, who has been assistant head coach, and coached a number of positions in college.

I also watched this:
http://www.chargers.com/multimedia/vide ... 6c76772a62
I have no clue what he's talking about, but he seems to know!

He's an interesting candidate, even if he seems very left field at first glance. As others have said though, a good head coach needs to be a leader and an organiser - it may be that our next head coach may not be an up and coming offensive whizzkid after all.

swine

Postby Skins Fan in Indy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Bisaccia would be an interesting choice. The question is could he handle running the ship instead of helping to run the ship?. That article has me curious about him.
Keeping the Faith in Indy!!!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:56 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:

=D>

I'm tired of being embarrassed by the product on the field (last year notwithstanding).
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:52 pm

I'm hoping that with the 'new' heading we're on, there will be a lot more accountability ...

The HC will be the leader on the field only ... he will have assistants to help him do his job but he will be responsible to Bruce and the FO - this is a good thing

similarly - Mike had control over everything - I think that Bruce understands he's in control 'technically' but he better make sure the people around him and under him do their jobs or his ass is grass

this franchise is better managed this week than it was last week - the reality is they better all do their jobs better now - Mike got away with a lot
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:52 pm

No way does Snyder/Allen let the next HC come in with the same control Shanahan had. We tried that experiment.

piggie

Postby OldSchool » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:19 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:No way does Snyder/Allen let the next HC come in with the same control Shanahan had. We tried that experiment.

Was Shannahan really running things? I think it was Snyder who decided on doing the mega trade to get Griffin not Mike Shannahan. The truth may not come out for years because of whatever NDA Mike has to sign to get his 7M but the has all the blockbuster "I'm a freaking genius" mover and shaker qualities that mark a Snyder mega flop. I could be wrong, and if doing the Griffin deal was Mike's idea he deserved to be fired.
********************************* Spoiler Alert **************************************

"Robert has to learn the new system!" Will be the party line in 2014

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:43 pm

OldSchool wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:No way does Snyder/Allen let the next HC come in with the same control Shanahan had. We tried that experiment.

Was Shannahan really running things?

He sure did a lot of flip-flopping in that regard.

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football