Cousins: RG III To Have Input On Redskins Coach

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Cousins: RG III To Have Input On Redskins Coach

Postby funsho2 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:54 pm

Pushing Paper

Re: Cousins: RG III To Have Input On Redskins Coach

Postby PulpExposure » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Your thread title is a bit misleading.

From the article, all Shefter tweeted is: "Interesting comment from QB Kirk Cousins: "I'm sure Mr. Snyder and Robert and those people will have a lot of input as to who the hire is."

Note that the Redskins have steadfastly denied this. And it'd be pretty easy to hear if that's true, since the candidates can talk about the interview process...

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:25 pm

PulpExposure wrote:Your thread title is a bit misleading.

From the article, all Shefter tweeted is: "Interesting comment from QB Kirk Cousins: "I'm sure Mr. Snyder and Robert and those people will have a lot of input as to who the hire is."

Note that the Redskins have steadfastly denied this. And it'd be pretty easy to hear if that's true, since the candidates can talk about the interview process...

Yep and Redskins say Griffin won’t be involved in coaching search

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ng-search/

This is old news anyway. At least a week old. BTW I really do hate Mike Florio and his name change agenda.

I guess this thread is done.

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:28 pm

The media are just trying to add gasoline to the fire. They want the drama to continue. Anything to pile on RG3 is what they are looking for

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:03 am

Hey look ma...BLEACHER REPORT!!!!

I friggin` loooove the BR :lol:
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

piglet

Postby AnthonyRRedskin1995 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:20 am

This is a non story in my eyes. It is the media's effort to make RG3 appear as a "diva" "brat" or a "prima donna". The fact is, Stafford spoke with caldwell in regards to their head coach opening, Cutler talked to Trestman last year and ESPN doesn't want to talk about them. (Although Adam Schefter did bring that up when he discussed this situation earlier on ESPN.) We can all agree that the QB is the most important single position on the team, and given what the Skins invested in RG3 wouldn't you want the next head coach to be someone RG3 can be compatible with? I sure do!
“I don’t like ‘em. They all have bad breath.” Dexter Manley on Cowboys Fans.

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:25 am

AnthonyRRedskin1995 wrote:This is a non story in my eyes. It is the media's effort to make RG3 appear as a "diva" "brat" or a "prima donna". The fact is, Stafford spoke with caldwell in regards to their head coach opening, Cutler talked to Trestman last year and ESPN doesn't want to talk about them. (Although Adam Schefter did bring that up when he discussed this situation earlier on ESPN.) We can all agree that the QB is the most important single position on the team, and given what the Skins invested in RG3 wouldn't you want the next head coach to be someone RG3 can be compatible with? I sure do!

He's a QB, the other is a coach; they're compatible. All that matters is if the coach has the ability to mold the team into victory. This is going to sound crazy but its true all across the corporate world; this is, at the end of the day, a business. Any employee who doesn't want to listen to the boss, no matter how talented, gets fired; even with his talent, he will drag everyone around him down too.

Not that I think this will happen with Griff; just saying the coach who knows how to make this team win gets hired, and its the players` job to do as ordered.

BTW, not busting your chops on your comment. Your point is logical, but what if Griff goes down again or isn't ever the same player? Not being a doomsday prophet at alll...just saying that the wisest business decision would be to bring in someone who can build and prepare for even the most catastrophic situations. That will be the difference between a team who can only win with Griff and a team who can win as a team under strong leadership (the coach).

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:33 am

Tell Griff3 to shut his trap and focus on his footwork and accuracy...!!!
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:19 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:Tell Griff3 to shut his trap and focus on his footwork and accuracy...!!!

And a higher release...it was maddening to see so many passes batted down by the dline this year.

All fixable with the right coaches.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football