Next Please!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Next Please!

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:55 pm

cowboyhater4life wrote:So far the candidates are:
Update 1/4

Cowboys Special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia
Vanderbilt Head Coach James Franklin
Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell
Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott
Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.
Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell

Just a little reading material.

http://realredskins.com/2014/01/04/need ... ocid=yahoo

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:56 pm

Update 1/4

Casting a wide net and looking at a lot of different guys. I like the approach so far.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:01 pm

riggofan wrote:
Update 1/4

Casting a wide net and looking at a lot of different guys. I like the approach so far.

Yeah, Riggofan... This guy has caught my attention. With an experienced DC to help out I think it might be a good move. He inspires.

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:36 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Update 1/4

Yeah, Riggofan... This guy has caught my attention. With an experienced DC to help out I think it might be a good move. He inspires.

I think the inspiration factor is interesting. Players want to work with this guy. When it comes to resigning players and FA, this could protect us from having to overpay players to keep/get them.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:49 am

cowboyhater4life wrote:So far the candidates are: Update 1/4

here's an interesting take ... http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... -candidate

I like Jay Gruden and will repeat that the key is for the HC and his staff to just do their jobs - Mike was too involved in too many things

I like how this process is going and how thorough this search is - we will not end up with a 'mistake' like dumb & dumber made with Jim Zorn ...

can we please stop with the BS reports about rah rah coaches like Briles
we are NOT getting a 'big name', glitzy, media favorite HC - this FO is not the 'same old Redskins' .... thankfully
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:08 pm

Anybody else paying a lot more attention to the Chargers vs Bengals matchup than normal? A number of coaching candidates on display.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:04 pm

I would really like to see a defensive mind come in as a head coach. that way, he can let the OC focus on getting rg3 back on track. the HC is responsible for managing the entire team and I just have a feeling if an offensive minded coach came in to run the team, he would turn his focus on "the new toy"(rg3) and take his focus away from the other two phases of the game. If we could get a defensive minded coach to run the squad, then not only would he not put is sole focus on rg3, but he'd make a real effort at improving our defense and special teams.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about Todd Bowles to the redskins. He played most his nfl career as a redskin and he's turned around Arizona's defense around. probably wishful thinking, but he might be able to talk russ grimm to come back to football and D.C. as an OL coach.

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:05 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Anybody else paying a lot more attention to the Chargers vs Bengals matchup than normal? A number of coaching candidates on display.

I don't think jay gruden helped is candidacy any this game...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:15 pm

HOPEFULLY the FO brings in a HC based on what he will do as the HC and NOT on what he has done ... :lol:

Jay is now available for interviews ... that's a good thing

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

swine

Postby masterkwon » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:26 pm

You'd think that as often, and as many times, as they've gone through the hiring process, they would be good at it, but this is one area where repetition is not the mother of skill.

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:09 pm

Jeremy81 wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:Anybody else paying a lot more attention to the Chargers vs Bengals matchup than normal? A number of coaching candidates on display.

After that game, Jay Gruden makes me uncomfortable. Their clock management was sluggish as well.

Cincinnati has a lot of talent on their team too...can't blame it on a bad roster.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:15 am

masterkwon wrote:You'd think that as often, and as many times, as they've gone through the hiring process, they would be good at it, but this is one area where repetition is not the mother of skill.

:shock: really!!! - just how many times have "they gone through a hiring process"?

the guys in charge here are doing their due diligence and taking their time ... this is not a popularity contest here like it used to be when others were running things

the next HC will make or break it here for both himself and the FO - they're trying to ensure they keep their own jobs as well

the next HC has to be just that, the head coach and he has to get the most out of both his assistants and his players

I'm hoping we see a team playing with an attitude on both offense and defense next season - Mike did not get that out of his assistants or his players

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:44 am

Neo wrote:
Jeremy81 wrote:

After that game, Jay Gruden makes me uncomfortable. Their clock management was sluggish as well.

Cincinnati has a lot of talent on their team too...can't blame it on a bad roster.

This stuff is just silly. Dalton threw three terrible picks in a playoff game, and we're all going to say, "Ok scratch JAY GRUDEN off our list of coaching candidates."??? Come on people. The Bengals were 11-5 division winners in the AFC North, ranked THIRD in the NFL in total offense with a pretty average second round pick at QB. They've been to the playoffs for three consecutive years with Dalton. Let's not be stupid about this.

Kilmer72 I was intrigued by the Cowboys ST coach too, just based on some of the comments about him. I'm like you, really want a fiery, inspiring coach that guys want to play for. I could care less if its a "defensive mind" or an "offensive coach".

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:16 am

I do wonder if Gruden's stock fell a bit because of that game yesterday, but I doubt it. That game was squarely on Dalton, IMO.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:36 pm

Gruden or any potential candidate's 'stock' only rises and falls amongst the fans and the media - the guys that actually know and make decisions do not look at coaches the same way that we all do .. and we don't have a clue ... :lol:

There are many factors to consider and it will be interesting to see how much 'power' the new HC is going to want coming in

the guys in charge here, have their futures tied into how well the new coaching staff does - they are going to want to be a part of the staff decisions the new HC makes

Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football