Gruden contract

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Gruden contract

Postby Mississippi Hog » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:55 pm

I have seen numerous reports that Jay Gruden got a 5-year contract. I have not seen anything about the numbers involved. There's anybody know how much he is being paid? I am sure that it is nowhere close to what Shanahan was making, but what is the standard for, especially first year coaches, in the league now?

JSPB22

Re: Gruden contract

Postby Deadskins » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Mississippi Hog wrote:I am sure that it is nowhere close to what Shanahan was making

Actually, it's probably the exact same amount as Shanny was getting.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Re: Gruden contract

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:02 am

Deadskins wrote:
Mississippi Hog wrote:I am sure that it is nowhere close to what Shanahan was making

Actually, it's probably the exact same amount as Shanny was getting.

I disagree with your WAG. My WAG would be at around $5M per year while Shannon got 7 per.

Of course if you factor in the fact that Pat Bowlen . Was paying $5M of Shanny's first two seasons, Snyder actually only had to pay out $25M orver the length of Shanny's contract. That is a $5M average, from Snyder, but when you add the $10 from Bowlen that puts him at $7M per year.

So if you look at it that way both of us would be right. However, neither off its really have a clue add to what Grusenb will be making.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football