Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk
Posts: 4129
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Time to go out on a limb. I'm gonna say ...

... speaking of offenses, the Packers are Rodgers centric, the Saints are Brees centric, the Panthers are Newton centric, 49Rs are Kap centric, the Pats are Brady centric, the Colts are Luck centric, the Broncos are Manning centirc, and the Chargers are Rivers centric. Heck, the Seahawks are Wilson centric.

The Eagles might be McCoy centric and the Chiefs are Charles centric. The Bengals lacked a focal point though one could argue for saying they are Gordon centirc.

I'd say most good (playoff) teams are QB centirc and the above 3 who are not are out of the playoffs.

Even the Ravens last year were Flacco centric down the stretch.

My 2 cents
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby hanburgerheel » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Deadskins wrote:
hanburgerheel wrote:Of all the QB's available in the draft when they took RG3, they took the worst one.

:shock:
Wow! You don't really believe that, do you?



If the Redskins had the choice of Griffin, Luck or Wilson... and they chose Griffin? Yes, I am absolutely, 100%, dead-on certain they chose the worst of the three by a country mile. And, they gave up way, way, WAY too much to get him! I can appreciate how vital the QB position is to the success of a franchise. It is absolute. I saw Griffin many times at Baylor. Griffin is going to struggle immensely in the NFL. He is not likely to last because of the inability to make the necessary improvements. Griffin is the epitome of college star and NFL bust. A lot of his "bust" side is due to how much Washington gave up to get him. He was also thrust into a position that required no earning of respect or anything. He was appointed, basically. He is also a physical liability. Even if he were a stellar passer and could read defenses better (which he can't), I don't think he will physically last! He will get injured a LOT! He's just far too much of a liability in my view. But, fans are clearly more stubborn than I ever knew on here. I'm not trolling. I'm just very direct and I don't sugarcoat things. His rookie season will be his NFL peak.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15750
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:10 pm

hanburgerheel wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
hanburgerheel wrote:Of all the QB's available in the draft when they took RG3, they took the worst one.

:shock:
Wow! You don't really believe that, do you?



If the Redskins had the choice of Griffin, Luck or Wilson... and they chose Griffin? Yes, I am absolutely, 100%, dead-on certain they chose the worst of the three by a country mile.

First, you can't include Luck, because he wasn't available when they took RGIII. Second you can hardly include Wilson, as he wasn't even supposed to be the starter for the Seahawks, and you are totally going on hindsight. But what about the other 10 or so QBs who were also taken in the draft last year? You may think we overpaid, but the statement you made is ridiculous on its face.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15750
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:19 pm

hanburgerheel wrote:He is not likely to last because of the inability to make the necessary improvements. Griffin is the epitome of college star and NFL bust.

Two more ridiculous statements. He was rookie of the year. He can in no way be an NFL bust, and certainly not the epitome of one. And what is this crap about "the inability to make the necessary improvements?" No, you're not trolling. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15750
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:20 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Time to go out on a limb. I'm gonna say ...

... speaking of offenses, the Packers are Rodgers centric, the Saints are Brees centric, the Panthers are Newton centric, 49Rs are Kap centric, the Pats are Brady centric, the Colts are Luck centric, the Broncos are Manning centirc, and the Chargers are Rivers centric. Heck, the Seahawks are Wilson centric.

The Eagles might be McCoy centric and the Chiefs are Charles centric. The Bengals lacked a focal point though one could argue for saying they are Gordon centirc.

I'd say most good (playoff) teams are QB centirc and the above 3 who are not are out of the playoffs.

Even the Ravens last year were Flacco centric down the stretch.

My 2 cents

+1
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4035
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:21 pm

The funny thing is none of the rghaters have any idea what the coaches even tried to implement with our qbs.. being the egotistical dictator we are hearing about I doubt shanny even focused on "changing plays". I do recall a game where rgiiis head set went out and he called a play that led to a touchdown. For everyone acting like they know anything about the huddle, presnap, or the play- get real.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby OldSchool » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:27 pm

Deadskins wrote:
hanburgerheel wrote:He is not likely to last because of the inability to make the necessary improvements. Griffin is the epitome of college star and NFL bust.

Two more ridiculous statements. He was rookie of the year. He can in no way be an NFL bust, and certainly not the epitome of one. And what is this crap about "the inability to make the necessary improvements?" No, you're not trolling. :roll:


I think Griffin is going to be a bust also. He had an exciting rookie season fueled by his running until he got seriously hurt, who didn't see that coming? Running quarterbacks in the NFL all suffer the same fate.

I think the critical ability that NFL QB needs is all mental. They need the knowledge and ability to accurately read the defense, adjust the protections, move effectively within the pocket, quickly go through progressions, make good decisions, be able to throw accurately, shake off mistakes and provide leadership. Those are the must have abilities that are essential to even modest NFL success. Having an 80 yard arm and wide receiver speed are nice to haves but not the essential things.

The mistake I think the Redskins made is choosing a guy who had the rare nice to have things and assumed they could teach him the must have stuff. That he could play backyard style in season one and learn the pocket game as he went along. They gamble paid off for awhile before going bust.

I don't care if a man was a bright student learning how read process and decide quickly enough for the NFL isn't an automatic it's a major and speculative project that could end in failure and early results are not good. Griffin hasn't even learned how to make pre snap reads and adjust protections which is step one in the process.
********************************* Spoiler Alert **************************************

"Robert has to learn the new system!" Will be the party line in 2014

newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:04 pm

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby Sk1nsfan7 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:01 pm

You guys do realize Luck didn't have that great of a season. And Wilson has the best defense in the Nfl on his side. Wilson is a game manager. Look at his stats yesterday. He threw for 103 yards and THEY WON! Imagine if Rg didn't have to come from behind every game. He was throwing way too much this season. ST and Defense did not help him.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15750
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:08 pm

OldSchool wrote:Griffin hasn't even learned how to make pre snap reads and adjust protections which is step one in the process.

We've already been over this, yet you continue to make the same baseless accusation. If you don't come up with new schtick, I'll be forced to put you on my ignore list. And, there is no way for RGIII to be a bust at this point. It's simply too late. No rookie of the year can possibly be labeled a bust. Stop drinking the haterade.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4035
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:21 pm

Sk1nsfan7 wrote:You guys do realize Luck didn't have that great of a season. And Wilson has the best defense in the Nfl on his side. Wilson is a game manager. Look at his stats yesterday. He threw for 103 yards and THEY WON! Imagine if Rg didn't have to come from behind every game. He was throwing way too much this season. ST and Defense did not help him.

You will get no where w logic and reason I'm telling you... Kapernick had under 200 yards and got the W aswell.. dc qb has to put up 350 to even have chance! Oh wait, cousins hit 380 and still lost! Smmfh some people just believe rgiii is the root of all evil and refuse to look at the rest of the damned team.
He needs to make Payton (esque) adjustments at the line in his 2nd year in the league with half the time Payton has in the pocket.. they just said "and Manning holds onto it until some one gets open."
A luxury no dc qb has had since the hogs!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby hanburgerheel » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:36 pm

Time will tell. Griffin will be a memory sooner than later. I agree, by the way, that having a strong defense is a HUGE boost to your offensive performance. They work hand-in-hand. And, the Redskins are making sure they maintain the failures of this season's historically-bad defense by keeping the failure Haslett employed.

DarthMonk
Posts: 4129
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:23 pm

OldSchool wrote:I think the critical ability that NFL QB needs is all mental.


Agreed.

OldSchool wrote:They need the knowledge and ability to accurately read the defense


Agreed.

OldSchool wrote:, adjust the protections,


Agreed.

OldSchool wrote: move effectively within the pocket,


Agreed.

OldSchool wrote: quickly go through progressions,


Agreed.

OldSchool wrote: make good decisions,


Agreed.

OldSchool wrote: be able to throw accurately,


Agreed.

OldSchool wrote: shake off mistakes


Agreed.

OldSchool wrote: and provide leadership.


Agreed.

OldSchool wrote: Those are the must have abilities that are essential to even modest NFL success. Having an 80 yard arm and wide receiver speed are nice to haves but not the essential things.


Agreed.

I don't know what the future holds but I saw Griff do all these things in his rookie year.

The staff abused him.

The next one won't ... I hope.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

|||
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:52 am

RG3 managed to play a whole season or most of with a repaired right knee. He literally was 7-9 months removed from ACL reconstruction. That alone tells me the kind of character he has. How many QBs would have done the same? Not too many I can think of.

RG3 has a whole off season to work on his reads, throws, speed etc.. The workaholic that is RG3 is going to be an MVP candidate next year. I think Alfred will challenge him for that right as well.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ
Posts: 12942
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:17 am

I HIGHLY recommend the "Add foe" feature - it 'removes' the posts from idiots/trolls

Thank you site administrators - what a great thing you have done ...
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4211
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:25 am

I can't believe you guys gave three pages of responses to this troll thread. ](*,)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football