Why is the media picking on RG3?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Why is the media picking on RG3?

Postby funsho2 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:16 pm

It seems like rg3 cannot do anything nowadays without the media picking on him.

The guy is in his offseason and replied to someone on facebook...Big deal!

Last offseason rg3 did a question and answer on facebook with fans and nobody in the media talked about it.

So now all of a sudden its a big deal.

DarthMonk

Re: Why is the media picking on RG3?

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:53 pm

funsho2 wrote:It seems like rg3 cannot do anything nowadays without the media picking on him.

The guy is in his offseason and replied to someone on facebook...Big deal!

Last offseason rg3 did a question and answer on facebook with fans and nobody in the media talked about it.

So now all of a sudden its a big deal.

Because he is a good target and we went 3-13. Also, he is at least partly responsible for making himself a good target.

But yeah, it's a lose-lose situation ... right now.

He's still my boy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXQLgRuP_hs
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:56 pm

The only thing the media love more than building somebody up is tearing that person down.

On the bright side, they also love a comeback story!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:03 pm

Ya the guy can't win.. he's better off just laying low and putn in work to get better...

FWIW his facebook post was right on point lol he took the word right out of my mouth!
In dc wins are all that matters.. had we won w the stats he put up no one would be questioning his ability, its just how it goes
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:27 pm

3-13 does a lot of PR damage. 10-6 or 12-4 heals it up almost as quickly.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:3-13 does a lot of PR damage. 10-6 or 12-4 heals it up almost as quickly.

I know many qbs that have had bad records and i dont see them being picked on like this.....

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:24 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:3-13 does a lot of PR damage. 10-6 or 12-4 heals it up almost as quickly.

RG3 did a lot of his own PR damage.
- Blaming the coach for not pulling him out of a game that he intentionally hid how hurt he was to the coach.
- Acting all ticked off after Cousins beat Cleveland because the coach didn't let him play
- Sending tons of passive aggressive tweets, text, and statements at pressers that basically put most of the blame for his injury on the coach
- "All in for Week One!"
- The Gatorade infomercial, "the Will to win" or whatever it was called.
- RG3 and RG2 publicly questioning how he was being used
- The "Operation Patience" T-shirt
- Dressing out in a FULL UNIFORM for a game he knew he wasn't going to play
- Giving that, "they have to play me or else" ultimatum in training camp.
- Tons of other things were he acted like a petulant child

Look, I still like RG3, but I was all in last year and even before he ever played, but I’ve gotten to the point now where I know he has some personality flaws that I find unappealing. He is a bit of a narcissist and like most young people he loves to blame others for his failings. I know I’m going to sound about 50, 60, or 70 (really 45) when I say this, but kids today just don’t take the blame for what they do wrong; it is always “someone else’s fault”.

My advice to RG3 is to either close his Facebook and Twitter accounts or never post when he is emotional. I would close them if I were him, but hey I have never had any social media account (unless counts as social Media). Watch how Tom Brady and Peyton conduct themselves in public or just have Ryan Kerrigan screen all of his tweets and posts.

He also needs to tell his Dad to stay the frak out of his professional life!!!!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:26 pm

That's because they play in sports towns that don't have a ravinous fan base like D.C.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:33 pm

the media and the 'anti' fans are going to keep this BS up no matter what RG3 does

he does not need to change anything at all - keep it up RG3 :up:
all the BS goes away only when he does what he does better - that cannot happen no matter what until next season

so all of you that think he has to do this or he has to not do that - GOOD LUCK with wasting your STUPID time

RG3 should do whatever he likes - it is not changing a thing - all this BS stops when we win - :moon:
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:39 pm

Bob's a big boy, playing in the big league. I'm sure he can handle it... and I'm sure he'll learn from his mistakes.

... and SJ is dead on... winning fixes all.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:44 pm

Countertrey wrote:Bob's a big boy...

Mmmm, Bob's Big Boy.

Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:45 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Bob's a big boy...

Mmmm, Bob's Big Boy.

Ummmm... Homer DOES have a point...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby Sk1nsfan7 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:22 pm

You guys are right. The media loves to build one up and tear them down. Although, I agree with everything he said in his posts I kinda wish he would just lay low this offseason. Less fuel for the fire. He could put up a status saying that it's raining outside and Espn would be all over it. Just think about all the crap they were saying about Cam last year, now look at him.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:50 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Ya the guy can't win.. he's better off just laying low and putn in work to get better...

FWIW his facebook post was right on point lol he took the word right out of my mouth!
In dc wins are all that matters.. had we won w the stats he put up no one would be questioning his ability, its just how it goes

That is the problem. I can understand it though. It is human nature to defend yourself. If he was allowed to not speak to the media a la Art Monk then things would be much better off.
I don't blame him one bit for defending himself and he did it with class. He will no matter what be ridiculed because of his personality. Win or lose it wont change.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Sk1nsfan7 wrote:You guys are right. The media loves to build one up and tear them down. Although, I agree with everything he said in his posts I kinda wish he would just lay low this offseason. Less fuel for the fire. He could put up a status saying that it's raining outside and Espn would be all over it. Just think about all the crap they were saying about Cam last year, now look at him.

Cam is a perfect example. He was a petulant little child last year, not very professional at all. He played well this year but he also stopped doing the dumb stuff he was doing the previous year. So while his playing well helped transform him in the eyes of the media, it wouldn't have meant anything if he kept acting a fool.

Yes, winning will take some of the stink off of Robert but if he keeps throwing gas on the fire fire the media it will keep blazing. Every time the fire settles down he comes by dumps another jar of 87 octane it. No it isn't the super unleaded or race gas that some idiot players give the media, But he continues to stoke the media flames every time they start to due down.

And Skinsjock, Robert has been the cause of almost all of his bad PR and I for one hope he grows up! !!!!!!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football