Gruden Working with Allen

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Gruden Working with Allen

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:35 pm

I can dream, can't I?

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Re: Gruden Working with Allen

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:37 pm

Fact is Bruce Allen needs Jay Gruden to do well and Jay Gruden needs Bruce Allen's help as well

the franchise needs to improve the product on the field each Sunday or these guys will be in trouble

I do like the hire and I think our FO and the owner are going to give him all the tools he needs to succeed
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:00 am

The more and more I think about it. The more I think it is a good move. Even though we just fired a coach. It feels like continuity. I am certain Bruce made this happen. Rather then Snyder. I am happy with the hire but I just want a new D coordinator.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:34 am

I'm a bit worried about Bruce hiring mostly folks he's familiar with. That can both a good and a bad thing. There are rumours that Doug Williams is being interviewed for a position. Are we really conducting interviews or is it just a show?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:37 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'm a bit worried about Bruce hiring mostly folks he's familiar with. That can both a good and a bad thing. There are rumours that Doug Williams is being interviewed for a position. Are we really conducting interviews or is it just a show?

Not sure, but I saw Ernest Byner's name in the mix yesterday for RB coach too!

Hog

Postby jmooney » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:51 am

riggofan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'm a bit worried about Bruce hiring mostly folks he's familiar with. That can both a good and a bad thing. There are rumours that Doug Williams is being interviewed for a position. Are we really conducting interviews or is it just a show?

I saw this too, my initial reaction was that Gruden made his first mistake letting Bobby Turner go. Then I checked into Byner's track record as a coach. He's coached some of the leagues better RB's to their best seasons, Chris Johnson, MJD, Clinton Portis and most recently Martin in Tampa. He was there in Tennessee for Johnson's 2000 yard season. Secondly, most of those backs regressed after he left and theres something to be said for that.
For what its worth his Bing profile and his wiki page has him currently listed as our RB coach, is it official?

No more ZBS? lets play some smash mouth , power football with Alfred. I got 100 bucks says he fixes Morris's fumbling issues (not a huge issue yet but, creeping up on one)

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:59 am

jmooney wrote:
riggofan wrote:

I saw this too, my initial reaction was that Gruden made his first mistake letting Bobby Turner go. Then I checked into Byner's track record as a coach. He's coached some of the leagues better RB's to their best seasons, Chris Johnson, MJD, Clinton Portis and most recently Martin in Tampa. He was there in Tennessee for Johnson's 2000 yard season. Secondly, most of those backs regressed after he left and theres something to be said for that.
For what its worth his Bing profile and his wiki page has him currently listed as our RB coach, is it official?

No more ZBS? lets play some smash mouth , power football with Alfred. I got 100 bucks says he fixes Morris's fumbling issues (not a huge issue yet but, creeping up on one)

Byners track record speaks for itself. I have no issues with him, I just hope that Allen is truly considering folks that he hasn't worked with.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby jmooney » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:03 pm

When did he work with Byner? I do hear what you're saying though Chris.
Last edited by jmooney on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby jmooney » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Actually, I cant find where anyone on this staff has worked with him, he went to Tampa in 2012. I mean yeah, I get that there has been quite a connection with Tampa in all these hirings, that is a bit weird.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:18 pm

the FO and Jay Gruden have a very simple task in front of them and they know it

find a way to make the product on the field a lot better

Jay Gruden needs the FO and scouting dept to help him put together a team of assistant coaches to achieve that

The FO needs to help Jay Gruden be successful and the best way to do that is to make sure he has all the 'tools' he needs

this is now an 'accountability' situation - Dan Snyder will let these guys do what they want .... for now ...

If the results are not there, he will be all over these guys and the sh*t will hit the fan .... like I said, they know this

these guys have to find a way to improve the product and hiring guys you know you can depend on to get the job done is important
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:37 am

by the way....what's Gruden making a year with the Skins? Anything close to 5mil like Jim Harbaugh?
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football