What offense to run?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Re: What offense to run?

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:29 am

riggofan wrote:I'd probably listen to an argument that Wilson is a smarter runner

That's all I was saying. He is more elusive (makes better cuts) and slides at the end much better than RGIII.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:I'd probably listen to an argument that Wilson is a smarter runner

That's all I was saying. He is more elusive (makes better cuts) and slides at the end much better than RGIII.

I'd go a step further and say he is ONLY a SAFER runner, not more "ellusive". RGiii looks downfield and makes throws on the run easwell. They are similar in that they extend plays vs take off ala Kap or Vic. Elusive? Na. Giants game rookie year fourth down being point in case. Breaking the rookie rushing record for a qb tells me he's one of the best in the biz when he takes off. Finding the happy medium this year was his goal and I think he is headed in the right direction.
Wilson isn't on the same level in any area imo.. he can put up less then 200, hell less then 100 yards and still win! A luxury our qbs don't have. In the ninner game I'd even venture to say he didn't impress me with any passes and could have had some easy completions he flat out missed. His one long pass, the wr had to slow way down to make a play, lucky for them he did. Rgiiis accuracy will be on display next year and he will show, imo, why this conversation is absurd. :rant/off:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:12 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I'd go a step further and say he is ONLY a SAFER runner, not more "ellusive". RGiii looks downfield and makes throws on the run easwell. They are similar in that they extend plays vs take off ala Kap or Vic. Elusive? Na. Giants game rookie year fourth down being point in case. Breaking the rookie rushing record for a qb tells me he's one of the best in the biz when he takes off. Finding the happy medium this year was his goal and I think he is headed in the right direction.
Wilson isn't on the same level in any area imo.. he can put up less then 200, hell less then 100 yards and still win! A luxury our qbs don't have. In the ninner game I'd even venture to say he didn't impress me with any passes and could have had some easy completions he flat out missed. His one long pass, the wr had to slow way down to make a play, lucky for them he did. Rgiiis accuracy will be on display next year and he will show, imo, why this conversation is absurd. :rant/off:

We'll have to disagree then. I didn't say Wilson was a better QB, had a better arm, was more accurate, read defenses better, was faster, or anything else, but he is definitely more elusive. I saw some highlights this year where he made moves to avoid the pass rush that RGIII has never made. RGIII's speed helps him avoid a lot of tackles where Wilson has to do the same by making the defender miss.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:44 pm

Remember this play, when Russell Wilson screwed half the Giants D-line into the ground?

No?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:47 pm

I really hope his knee gets back to that point to allow that kind of scrambling. 2012 was pretty breathtaking.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football