D Hall Wants to Play Safety

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Re: D Hall Wants to Play Safety

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Eh, it was fun.. apparently crab was talking trash we didn't hear. And Sherman is going to the superbowl.
It's whatever.
She def should've waited five minutes before asking THAT player any questions though Lmao
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Maybe, but if that throw is over the shoulder, it's six points. It wasn't Crabtree's fault Sherman was able to get his hand on it.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:07 am

Deadskins wrote:Maybe, but if that throw is over the shoulder, it's six points. It wasn't Crabtree's fault Sherman was able to get his hand on it.

Good point.
I doubt Payton would've went with that read, I didn't see the rest of the options, but if he did it would've been put in a place only his receiver could make a play on it. Jimmy Johnson had a great post game analysis.. Colin made some good plays with his legs but struggled severely as a pocket passer and paid the price in the end.
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:49 am

Countertrey wrote:I apologize to the board. That display at the end of the game was pathetic... I imagine Erin learned a painful lesson. Don't Interview Dick Sherman on the sidelines after a game. Look up "classless"... I'm pretty sure that video will be there.

Yeah that was over the top. I love the passion during the game, I personally don't even mind running your mouth trying to get in a guy's head. But that post game interview just shows what kind of person he is. I have to retract my comments that I "would probably like him if he was playing on my team". Not sure that is true.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:51 am

riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I apologize to the board. That display at the end of the game was pathetic... I imagine Erin learned a painful lesson. Don't Interview Dick Sherman on the sidelines after a game. Look up "classless"... I'm pretty sure that video will be there.

Yeah that was over the top. I love the passion during the game, I personally don't even mind running your mouth trying to get in a guy's head. But that post game interview just shows what kind of person he is. I have to retract my comments that I "would probably like him if he was playing on my team". Not sure that is true.

Hold on now guys.. let's look at this objectively. Yall Prolly know more about the quote in my Sig than I do, and Dexter gets a pass right?
Fact is the niners are the Seahawks pukes.. and they SHOULD hate them. I'd expect nothing less! With that said he was fresh off the adrenaline high and ya said some unfavourable things; newskewl trash talk. Absolutely harmless. Didn't even say he wanted to punch him in the face! Lmmfao but seriously let's not judge the character of a guy fresh off the battle field with the enemy. He did well not to cuss! He's apologized already so what's the big deal? I don't even think an apology was due... Cooley didn't to Romo after any of his YouTube vids making fun of him... Or after he said he'd beat him up in the octagon.
I applaud Sherman and love to see him put his heart on the field- Kap, doing the wrong type of crap talking, and not backing it up should take notes.... From his couch on superbowl Sunday! Bwaaaaaaa ha ha

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:55 am

I wish Sherm had taken a moment to calm down and not let his emotions get the best of him. That being said, I'm not shocked at the reactions that are to a large degree deserved. But as usual, there are a ton of overreactions.

Middle aged - Old men always gripe about stuff. My father does it. His father did it. I'll do it when I'm old and cranky. I'll be on here complaining that players in 2040 aren't as classy as players "in my day". :lol: It's just a cycle.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:24 am

I just thought it was over the top in a "kicking a guy while he's down" way. The 49ers were one game away from the super bowl. I can't even imagine what a feeling that must be to have worked so hard and come up short in a close a close game like that. Their season is done. I'm not saying he needed to say nice things about Crabtree, but it was probably a time to either show some graciousness or just shut your mouth. His comments just made him look like an a******.

To be fair, I know those two players have some history and they were probably going at it all game. That interview happened barely two minutes after the final interception, and Sherman was obviously still amped up.

He took a beating in the media yesterday and people are going to be talking about that all through the super bowl. He's a good player, so I would bet that's a lesson learned for him.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:57 am

My model corner with regards to all this "talk" stuff would be Darrell Green. My WR would be dArth Monk.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:12 am

DarthMonk wrote:My model corner with regards to all this "talk" stuff would be Darrell Green. My WR would be dArth Monk.

Yep!
Dg was the man.. its been a while since I was excited to see the D come out to play... Not since ST, rip

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:06 pm

From an entertainment perspective, I love people like Dick Sherman. But, it's not my personal preference if that makes sense. There are plenty of classy and quiet guys in the NFL...just look at Russell Wilson, he'll never give you a sound bite like this one. With that said, just like in the real world, you have some guys like Dick Sherman who are always going to be themselves, loud boisterous and entertaining.

That's why I don't "hate" him like some people do. I just would love to see someone like Sean Taylor, ear hole him and knock some snot out of his nose every once in a while. That's it.

I'm sure Peyton Manning will know exactly how to attack him. And, if Eric Decker or Demariys Thomas catches a game winning TD on him, it would be right up my alley if someone tried to shake his hand and say "good game......oh you mad bro?"

That's just me though. My opinion doesn't matter at all because I'm biased. I gave Sean Taylor a pass when he spit in Michael Pittmans face in that playoff game...check my Sig. "Spit happens."
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I wish Sherm had taken a moment to calm down and not let his emotions get the best of him. That being said, I'm not shocked at the reactions that are to a large degree deserved. But as usual, there are a ton of overreactions.

Middle aged - Old men always gripe about stuff. My father does it. His father did it. I'll do it when I'm old and cranky. I'll be on here complaining that players in 2040 aren't as classy as players "in my day". :lol: It's just a cycle.

BS... In the 60's, players handed the ball to the ref. It's not "just a cycle"... Old guys HAVE seen behavior get progressively more crass. Of course, you can define a "cycle" any way you wish... but facts are facts.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I wish Sherm had taken a moment to calm down and not let his emotions get the best of him. That being said, I'm not shocked at the reactions that are to a large degree deserved. But as usual, there are a ton of overreactions.

BS... In the 60's, players handed the ball to the ref. It's not "just a cycle"... Old guys HAVE seen behavior get progressively more crass. Of course, you can define a "cycle" any way you wish... but facts are facts.

They may have handed the ball to the refs in the 60's, but they also did some other things that would call their character into question....like discriminate against black players as if it were the cool thing to do. Not sure I'd call it a cycle, but it's nothing new. The way people acted in the 1960's was considered rebellious and crass by people who were used to the Prohibition Era too. #WEED #FlowerChildren #RaceMixing

I think that's the point. People just show their @$$$es in different ways now.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:21 pm

There are many things involved but it is learned or not learned behavior. Today children get sent on a time out lol. They grow up not having any discipline. Not all but many.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:27 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:There are many things involved but it is learned or not learned behavior. Today children get sent on a time out lol. They grow up not having any discipline. Not all but many.

+1

I tend to not get too offended by people like Sherman. People like Pac Man Jones and Aaron Hernandez grind my gears far more. Sherman is just a prick. But, don't we all know a prick of some sort?? From work, your wife's friend's husband, a neighbor?? Point I'm making is the NFL is no different. You have jerks, good guys, lazy guys, gay guys, racist guys, nerds, dumb guys, red necks, liberals, conservatives, Christians, etc...etc....that's why I don't really care much when a guy like Tebow gets attention for his views and behavior more than his play on the field. Sherman is no different. He's just friggin obnoxious sometimes. But, as I said before, I wouldn't care if he were the starting corner for the Washington Redskins.

I didn't like what Riley Cooper said last year either, but all you can do is hope that somebody sends the message next time he goes across the middle of the field. I wish the same on Sherman. I'd rather see Peyton carve him up for 2 TDs en route to a win than to have him fined, censored, or punished by the NFL.

We watch people beat the snot out of each other at Hockey games, all Sherman is doing is talking trash. I don't live by double standards, even when it irritates me.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:44 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

They may have handed the ball to the refs in the 60's, but they also did some other things that would call their character into question....like discriminate against black players as if it were the cool thing to do. Not sure I'd call it a cycle, but it's nothing new. The way people acted in the 1960's was considered rebellious and crass by people who were used to the Prohibition Era too. #WEED #FlowerChildren #RaceMixing

I think that's the point. People just show their @$$$es in different ways now.
Frankly, I think the asses are exponentially larger today... that's MY point.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football