Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Re: Wash Post: the Skins continue to lose w/Snyder

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:38 pm

3 Things immediately come to mind...

1. The media in this town are a bunch of savages, desperate for drama. Hell, Lovero was on ESPN980 admitting to it 30 minutes ago. He wants Art Briles here because it'd bring a circus and that's good business. The same papers that seek out political scandal are using the same lenses to frame most of their reporting.

2. Snyder does himself almost zero favors by being meddlesome.

3. The fans can't think for themselves. They consume media and believe everything written, even when articles from the same publication contradict themselves...

So really, Snyder is in a lose/lose situation. This isn't the franchise he grew up with, partly because he's made it worse and partly because media is different. All he can do is completely remove himself from the picture. The owner of the SeaHawks, haven't seen that man in years. Snyder wants to be remain visible, so that he can be there to prove people wrong, so that he can say, I did it my way. Well...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:09 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:3 Things immediately come to mind...

1. The media in this town are a bunch of savages, desperate for drama. Hell, Lovero was on ESPN980 admitting to it 30 minutes ago. He wants Art Briles here because it'd bring a circus and that's good business. The same papers that seek out political scandal are using the same lenses to frame most of their reporting.

3. The fans can't think for themselves. They consume media and believe everything written, even when articles from the same publication contradict themselves...

So really, Snyder is in a lose/lose situation. This isn't the franchise he grew up with, partly because he's made it worse and partly because media is different. All he can do is completely remove himself from the picture. Snyder wants to be remain visible, so that he can be there to prove people wrong, so that he can say, I did it my way.

THANK YOU - spot on ...
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:20 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:3 Things immediately come to mind...

So really, Snyder is in a lose/lose situation. This isn't the franchise he grew up with, partly because he's made it worse and partly because media is different. All he can do is completely remove himself from the picture. The owner of the SeaHawks, haven't seen that man in years. Snyder wants to be remain visible, so that he can be there to prove people wrong, so that he can say, I did it my way. Well...

Agree however we all are missing the point, as long as he is running the bank making millions in profit, opinion number 2 is a moot point....Let FedEx Field go empty a whole season and no one buy any Redskins gear, I wonder what changes would then be made :lol: :lol:

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:30 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Agree however we all are missing the point, as long as he is running the bank making millions in profit, opinion number 2 is a moot point....Let FedEx Field go empty a whole season and no one buy any Redskins gear, I wonder what changes would then be made :lol: :lol:

Within the context of that post, it's not a moot point. A moot point is coming up with a hypothetical situation that will NEVER happen. We're talking public perception/media.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:41 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I can't imagine Dan having no contact with his players but he should understand how harmful it is for it to be more than just an occasional 'dinner' - I don't think that it's only 1 or 2 'meetings' - we do not know that, you can imagine how blown up any meeting is when the DC media is involved

I do agree with your thought in general, but I don't actually think that applies here.

All we have about the whole RG3-Snyder "influence" story is a lot of Sally. That is, based on rumors and wholly unproven.
I can't point to a single time where Shanahan made a call, was overruled by when RG3 used his "influence" with Snyder. It may have happened, but we don't know about it.

However, we do know one instance where influence wasn't seen. Shanahan benched RG3. RG3 clearly didn't agree with this, and if he truly had influence, he would have gone to Snyder and wouldn't have been benched...

I don't know why you think that RG3 had any 'influence' - if that was in the article, it's almost certainly complete BS - I do not read trash

nobody with any sense thinks that RG3 had any 'influence' with what happened here - NOBODY

I do not think that Dan Snyder should have ZERO contact with his players - he just has to be very careful about it is all

nobody really knows if the contact between RG3 and Snyder was more than a casual dinner or 2
the only issue might have been if his tam mates or his coaches felt that there was more between them than there actually was - THAT is a huge problem

it's a matter of trust between players and between players and coaches and if that was compromised by Dan Snyder then that is BS

that is what I'm referring to - no HC can be successful if he is not trusted and does not trust his players

IMO - Dan Snyder made that happen and made it impossible for things to work here

Mike did make Dan Snyder give up control and that is a good thing as long as Snyder stays away from interfering with the players and coaches

If there's no influence being had, why is it a problem to have contact with players? The problem is the Portis issue; it's when a player actually gets some measure of control they shouldn't have and can influence decisions made by the coach by using the owner. That's when the coach can't trust the player or owner, because he thinks the player is going behind his back to influence the owner. Why else would owner-player contact be a problem?

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:49 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:....Let FedEx Field go empty a whole season and no one buy any Redskins gear, I wonder what changes would then be made :lol: :lol:

Not even gonna front, I can't do it. As ticked off as I still am, I won't lie to you bro, I just can't do it. 8-[
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:45 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:....Let FedEx Field go empty a whole season and no one buy any Redskins gear, I wonder what changes would then be made :lol: :lol:

Not even gonna front, I can't do it. As ticked off as I still am, I won't lie to you bro, I just can't do it. 8-[

Ur right. It won't happen. But I've done it. No gear, zero attendance. And I"m damn close to not watching the games on TV either.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:34 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

Ur right. It won't happen. But I've done it. No gear, zero attendance. And I"m damn close to not watching the games on TV either.

After that cow game I said I'm done CLL. I just never have the willpower/discipline to follow through
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:50 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote: ... Ur right. It won't happen. But I've done it. No gear, zero attendance. And I"m damn close to not watching the games on TV either.

I am getting very tired of Dan Snyder forcing us to always be looking ahead to next season ...

I will promise this - if Dan Snyder screws with this franchise AGAIN by not allowing this FO (and the new guys coming in) to do their jobs ... I am gone

and I have 4 season tickets ... sec 205 - row 3 - seats 14 - 17
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:28 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I agree with you except that no HC can have the authority he needs if RG3 and Dan Snyder are 'friends'

Totally agree, man. That's exactly what I was getting at when I said "appropriate" contact. There is that story about Snyder having Thanksgiving dinner with RGIII, not sure that qualifies as "appropriate". Forget about undermining the coach, I think stuff like that does RGIII no favors with his teammates.

If it were a close competition between RGIII and Cousins, then contact between Snyder and RGIII might undermine the coach, but since he's the unquestioned starter, I really don't see the issue. I don't think the Danny is trying to coach him up. He's just a jock sniffer who likes to say he is friends with an athlete.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

swine

Postby masterkwon » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:05 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/three-reas ... MA3ClNbK5_

After holding the title for two decades, Tiny needs to send Haslam a Thank you card.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:53 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote: I said and will always say without Elway Shanahan wouldn't have won NOTHING! Elway made Shanahan not the other way around. Why do you think Shanahan hasn't done nothing since Elway retired?? That my friend isn't rocket science......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hmmm... so, maybe you can remind me... Exactly how many Superbowls did Elway win before Shanahan got there? [-(
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:03 pm

Countertrey wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote: I said and will always say without Elway Shanahan wouldn't have won NOTHING! Elway made Shanahan not the other way around. Why do you think Shanahan hasn't done nothing since Elway retired?? That my friend isn't rocket science......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hmmm... so, maybe you can remind me... Exactly how many Superbowls did Elway win before Shanahan got there? [-(

Sorry guys, but neither would have won anything without Terrell Davis.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:28 pm

Countertrey wrote:

I see where Elway is now, has his team going to the super bowl. Where is Shanahan, back at his steak restaurant? =D> =D> You can believe what you want. Elway won when he was able too and when he had the pieces. The same can be said for when Barry took over Johnson's team in Dallas! Shanahan isn't nothing and was always lucky being in the right place at the right time, when it came to doing it on his own....We see the results. Jim Zorn like stats........Screw him...Glad he is gone!! PERIOD.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I agree with you except that no HC can have the authority he needs if RG3 and Dan Snyder are 'friends'

Totally agree, man. That's exactly what I was getting at when I said "appropriate" contact. There is that story about Snyder having Thanksgiving dinner with RGIII, not sure that qualifies as "appropriate". Forget about undermining the coach, I think stuff like that does RGIII no favors with his teammates.

If it were a close competition between RGIII and Cousins, then contact between Snyder and RGIII might undermine the coach, but since he's the unquestioned starter, I really don't see the issue. I don't think the Danny is trying to coach him up. He's just a jock sniffer who likes to say he is friends with an athlete.

You and I disagree on this if you think that RG3's offensive team mates have no issue with the perception that RG3 and Snyder discuss what happens on the field

but then again - you have an issue with just about everything ... :twisted:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football