Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Hognosti-Bowl IX

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
DarthMonk

Re: Hognostication Playoffs 2014 - Hognosti-Bowl IX

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:34 pm

Deadskins wrote:Yeah, I guess I had forgotten that because of the wind, the vaGiants chose to kick-off when they had the option.

Actually, they never chose to kick off. They had a choice to begin the game and their choice was this: "We want to go that way." We then had a choice and, quite naturally, our choice was: "We want to receive." Then, in the second half, we had first choice. We could have said: "We want to go that way." Instead we said: "We want to receive." The Giants then had their second half choice. They said: "We want to go that way."
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:16 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Yeah, I guess I had forgotten that because of the wind, the vaGiants chose to kick-off when they had the option.

Actually, they never chose to kick off. They had a choice to begin the game and their choice was this: "We want to go that way." We then had a choice and, quite naturally, our choice was: "We want to receive." Then, in the second half, we had first choice. We could have said: "We want to go that way." Instead we said: "We want to receive." The Giants then had their second half choice. They said: "We want to go that way."

That's correct. that's what I was saying, but I worded it poorly.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:34 pm

Just in case you doubt that I was there, I thought I'd break out my ticket stub. Then, going through my stub box, I came across a few other stubs and nicknacks, so I made this quick collage.

Clockwise from upper left:
Stub box
A few of my centennial Olympics stubs
1995 Game six of the World Series (I also have my actual seat from that game)
Grateful Dead back stage pass
R.E.M. back stage pass
Studio 54 VIP pass
Radiohead back stage pass
Three different Michael Jordan games
This season's Redskins-Falcons game
Gus Frerotte headbutt game at JKC stadium
Colts-Redskins at RFK (Redskins started 7-2 that season, and finished 9-7 out of the playoffs :evil: )
56 Grateful Dead show stubs (zoom in and you'll notice an RFK show down in the bundle)
Readskins-vaGiants Championship game. (Great seats. Row 7 - 40 yard line - Face value: $29 :shock: )

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Deadskins wrote:Just in case you doubt that I was there, I thought I'd break out my ticket stub. Then, going through my stub box, I came across a few other stubs and nicknacks, so I made this quick collage.

Clockwise from upper left:
Stub box
A few of my centennial Olympics stubs
1995 Game six of the World Series (I also have my actual seat from that game)
Grateful Dead back stage pass
R.E.M. back stage pass
Studio 54 VIP pass
Radiohead back stage pass
Three different Michael Jordan games
This season's Redskins-Falcons game
Gus Frerotte headbutt game at JKC stadium
Colts-Redskins at RFK (Redskins started 7-2 that season, and finished 9-7 out of the playoffs :evil: )
56 Grateful Dead show stubs (zoom in and you'll notice an RFK show down in the bundle)
Readskins-vaGiants Championship game. (Great seats. Row 7 - 40 yard line - Face value: $29 :shock: )

Nice. I call that box of mine my Box of Rain.

Was the RFK show on July 4? Can't read it.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:42 pm

That particular stub was from Jul 17, 1994. Also saw the 16th show. Traffic opened.
Also saw them at RFK Jul 6th and 7th in 1986 Tom Petty and then Bob Dylan opened. Jerry had his diabetic coma after those shows.
At RFK on Jul 12 & 13, 1989
Saw them at the Cap Centre in Landover 9/11/87, then again on a 4 show run 9/2, 9/3, 9/5, and 9/6 of '88. The one and only electric, and final perfomance of Ripple on 9/3 Cool

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:49 pm

I'm beginning to think Seattle in a close one. 23-20 or so. They only rush 4 and dare Denver to run. Game gets shorter. Wilson makes two big plays.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:07 pm

I think that Seattles pass defense can give Peyton a test but I don't think they can shut him down - this offense is just too good

can Seattle's offense make much happen - Tom Brady had a tough time playing against Denver and at the time Blount was looking like a much better RB than Lynch looks like going into this game - If Lynch is not effective, which is likely, how does Wilson move this offense

I agree that Seattle has a great defense but they do not have a good offense and Wilson is not as good as Manning - not even close :lol:

btw - I disagree that this Seattle defense is close to being as great as the 85 Bears - this Seattle defense is good but not that good
RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:18 pm

If Seattle can play a smash-mouth game, then they can win. Manning has been untouched so far in the playoffs. If Seattle can hit him regularly, he can be rattled just like any QB.

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:17 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I think that Seattles pass defense can give Peyton a test but I don't think they can shut him down - this offense is just too good

can Seattle's offense make much happen - Tom Brady had a tough time playing against Denver and at the time Blount was looking like a much better RB than Lynch looks like going into this game - If Lynch is not effective, which is likely, how does Wilson move this offense

I agree that Seattle has a great defense but they do not have a good offense and Wilson is not as good as Manning - not even close :lol:

btw - I disagree that this Seattle defense is close to being as great as the 85 Bears - this Seattle defense is good but not that good

It depends how much Denver has to commit in order to stop Lynch. If they have to over commit they will become susceptible to the big play. I do think Seattle will only rush 4 for the most part and dare Denver to run. If they get pressure with 4, Manning will have trouble finding open receivers.

New England's problem was surrendering long drive after long drive and Brady missing 2 or 3 chances for huge plays. Denver took away the run and most of the short stuff. I think they will try to do the same to Seattle. If they can not get burned for 2 big plays, Denver should win. If Manning throws an ugly pick or two there could be trubble in River City.

This figures to be very close. We know who has a better offense. We know who has a better defense. We won't really know who has the better matchup until they play.

Can't wait to watch.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Congrats to DS!

I don't think any of us saw that game result coming...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:40 pm

Countertrey wrote:Congrats to DS!

Thanks CT, you're a class act. :up:

Countertrey wrote:I don't think any of us saw that game result coming...

I didn't see the blowout, but I think this was pretty close:

Deadskins wrote:If Seattle can play a smash-mouth game, then they can win. Manning has been untouched so far in the playoffs. If Seattle can hit him regularly, he can be rattled just like any QB.

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:35 am

Yeah... I was talking about the Denver melt down... The die was cast with the safety on the first play... I imagine Manny Ramirez is reliving that snap constantly...

No... it didn't cost them the game... but you could see something get into the collective team psyche from that point, and ate their confidence... they (especially the O'line) were playing with a desperate edge the rest of the game, that they were never able to get under control... Manning's lanes were constantly obstructed, and players were consistently in his face...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:17 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Congrats to DS!

Thanks CT, you're a class act. :up:

Countertrey wrote:I don't think any of us saw that game result coming...

I didn't see the blowout, but I think this was pretty close:

Deadskins wrote:If Seattle can play a smash-mouth game, then they can win. Manning has been untouched so far in the playoffs. If Seattle can hit him regularly, he can be rattled just like any QB.

This wasn't horrible:

DarthMonk wrote:I do think Seattle will only rush 4 for the most part and dare Denver to run. If they get pressure with 4, Manning will have trouble finding open receivers. If Manning throws an ugly pick or two there could be trubble in River City.

Congrats to both of you, Trey and Deadman.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to Around the League