Jordan Reed

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Jordan Reed

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:38 pm

Jordan Reed - TE - Redskins

New Redskins OC Sean McVay reportedly "loves" Jordan Reed.

McVay would be crazy not to. During an eye-opening rookie season that was unfortunately cut short by a severe concussion, Reed flashed Aaron Hernandez quicks as a route-runner and Jimmy Graham kind of ability on goal-line fade routes. If we project his eight full games across a 16-game season, he comes out with 88 catches, 974 yards and six touchdowns -- numbers good enough to be fantasy's No. 6 tight end. Chris Russell of ESPN Radio spoke with Reed Wednesday and relays news that he's feeling very good and is headed to Florida to work out. Health permitting, Reed will easily be in the top half of TE1s in 2014 as a focal point of Jay Gruden's pass-happy scheme.

Source: ESPN.com

Jan 29 - 11:03 AM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Re: Jordan Reed

Postby Countertrey » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:26 am

... in other news:
The sky is up.
Water is wet.

:-"
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:48 am

Jordan Reed was a great pick up. Good replacement for bonehead Davis. But if Davis can get his act together we could have dual threats. Anyways Ive said this before as well and people argued with me. Paulson is worth starting over Davis. I was right then and again Davis proved I was right.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:54 am

Jordan Reed - TE - Redskins

Redskins second-year TE Jordan Reed has suffered four concussions including college and his rookie season in the NFL.

Reed only played three seasons at Florida, so it's four concussions in a four-year span.

Reed conceded he hid a concussion sustained two weeks before the one that cut his rookie year seven games short. He also suffered two concussions at UF. "I was in a bad spot for a long time," Reed admitted, referring to last year. "I started to get a little scared after about two months – like, ‘Maybe I’m going to be like this forever,’ ... But it ended up going away."

Concussions can become cumulative, meaning each one a player suffers causes more severe symptoms. Therefore, gaining medical clearance takes longer after several of them. Reed brings tons of upside into the 2014 season, but also substantial injury risk.

Source: Washington Times Jun 5 - 8:25 AM

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

piggie

Postby oj » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:53 am

He added a threat when he was on the field, every time he touched the ball I expected him to take it home. very exciting guy that had the ability to demoralize the defense.
I think the concussion stuff is bad technique, he can learn a way to keep his head protected instead of throwing caution to the wind.
Glad he will be back with us, we need him for 16 games and a few others after them.
Molon Labe

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:13 pm

The talent is there, but it's all about the health. I hope he's able to protect himself. He could be one of the Skins' greats at tight end.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:34 am

Its crazy that we drafted him. I understand that he is a talented guy and was our second leading receiver as a rookie. But we had Fred Davis, Niles Paul, and Logan Paulsen on the roster. Why did we draft for a position we didn't have a glaring need?

/end sarcasm.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:58 am

riggofan wrote:Its crazy that we drafted him. I understand that he is a talented guy and was our second leading receiver as a rookie. But we had Fred Davis, Niles Paul, and Logan Paulsen on the roster. Why did we draft for a position we didn't have a glaring need?

/end sarcasm.

Heh, heh, heh... I see what you did, there!
8)
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Jordan Reed had "another eye-opening day" at Tuesday's minicamp practice.

Reed is over his latest concussion bout, practicing without issue and doing work.

"Reed is going to be such a big part of this offense if he can stay healthy," said reporter Chris Russell. With DeSean Jackson running vertical routes up the sideline and Pierre Garcon attracting attention, the middle of the field is going to be wide open for the athletically gifted Reed. He's a mid-range TE1 with significant upside if you can stomach the injury risk.
Source: ESPN 980 Jun 18 - 9:29 AM

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:18 pm

brilliant reporting - "looking for a lot from any player that can avoid getting injured this season ..." :lol:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Keep em coming Darth!! The name change crud is tiresome and I Soooo want to read posts like your last three; about the team not the name!

While it's obvious to us that bleed burgundy and gold that Reed is a game changer if he is healthy, its still good for Redskins nation to hear he is still that guy at camp. The more concussions you get the easier they come on from head trauma. It will be tough for him to be himself as a player and not risk another concusion. He is a hard nosed Doode at a hardnosed position. Using the shoulders instead of lowering the head should help but might put you at risk for a neck injury so dunno.... I do know that: Speed kills!!! That'll be our new motto this year.. you can't hurt what you can't catch!!!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:22 pm

:mrgreen:

Redskins OC Sean McVay promises second-year TE Jordan Reed "is going to be a key player in our offense."

McVay spent 2013 as Washington's TEs coach, which can't hurt Reed's chances.

"He’s an elite route runner for the position, and he still competes with the toughness," McVay said of Reed. "He’s got great feet, so he can cover guys up in the run game. I think what we’ll try to do with him will maximize his skillset. He’s done a great job this offseason, so he’s in position to have a great year."

Source: redskins.com Jun 25 - 7:21 PM

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Postby yupchagee » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:29 pm

riggofan wrote:Its crazy that we drafted him. I understand that he is a talented guy and was our second leading receiver as a rookie. But we had Fred Davis, Niles Paul, and Logan Paulsen on the roster. Why did we draft for a position we didn't have a glaring need?

/end sarcasm.

Come on. Paulsen is mostly a blocker, Paul has done nothing on offense & Davis was 1 toke from a long vacation.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:45 pm

U missed the heavy sarcasm there yuchagee
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:45 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:U missed the heavy sarcasm there yuchagee

I don't think so. I think he was saying that Reed was not a good example for the point he was trying to make.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football