Trade Up For SUH

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
|||

Re: Trade Up For SUH

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:45 am

SkinsJock wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Yeah I miss Vet as well.

On another note. Notice how I picked Eric Berry rather then Mays. In fact if our Front office had listened to me about the draft we would have had a pro bowl roster.

We would of had Patrick Willis, Dominik Rogers Cromartie, Eric Berry, Calvin Johnson, Mike Iupati just to name a few. I dont think I have had a bust as far as draft prospects go.

that's great - but how can you think that these players would have been as good as they are if they had come to this franchise

Well to me one player can lead others to greatness. you get a group of great players and its SuperBowl time.

We still have had plenty of great players. Sean Taylor played great regardless of the teams. Champ Bailey, Samuels, Carlos Rogers, Ryan Clark, Laron Landry seems to be doing ok.

Shanahans draft picks have been pretty good. Jordan Reed, Amerson, Alf, RG3, Trent Williams.

Anyhow I am actually looking into to becoming an NFL scout. It will be very difficult but I am looking into it.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:45 am

good luck to you HH - I really believe anyone can succeed at anything if they want it badly enough

all of these guys are incredibly talented - they don't really achieve greatness by themselves - it's more a case of being in the right place at the right time

the NFL likes to 'hype' it's special players, but they all need others around them to make it, they all need the 'right situations' to be a part of - it comes down to being a part of a team and executing together, than 1 player 'making' others around him better - having 1 great player is not going to guarantee success like having a bunch of regular players playing as a team

we forget sometimes that these guys are all talented - the difference is in their motivation to be the best they can be and to help the others around them achieve that - most all great players are looked at that way because of the players around him
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:08 am

I don't think we should trade up for Suh.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:29 am

SkinsJock wrote:good luck to you HH - I really believe anyone can succeed at anything if they want it badly enough

all of these guys are incredibly talented - they don't really achieve greatness by themselves - it's more a case of being in the right place at the right time

the NFL likes to 'hype' it's special players, but they all need others around them to make it, they all need the 'right situations' to be a part of - it comes down to being a part of a team and executing together, than 1 player 'making' others around him better - having 1 great player is not going to guarantee success like having a bunch of regular players playing as a team

we forget sometimes that these guys are all talented - the difference is in their motivation to be the best they can be and to help the others around them achieve that - most all great players are looked at that way because of the players around him

We have had this discussion before many times. Its the classic product of enviroment vs being able to overcome enviroment by recreating the enviroment. RG3 succeeded in his rookie year by leading by example. You have to give Mike S. credit as well. I believe RG3 would have succeeded regardless of who the coach was. I believe he has the leadership to change a struggling franchise. Which is what he did his rookie year. He has some more work to do though. Its just the beginning.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to General Manager's Office