Aqib Talib

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Aqib Talib

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:36 pm

Aqib Talib: Redskins high on free agent CB Aqib Talib

Aqib Talib - DB - NE - Jan. 28 - 12:31 pm et

The Washington Post expects the Redskins to target a cornerback in free agency and reports the team remains high on Aqib Talib.
Talib played for current Redskins DBs coach Raheem Morris from 2008-2011 when the two were together in Tampa Bay. When new Redskins coach Jay Gruden was hired, he kept Morris on his staff. The Redskins tried to go after Talib last offseason but didn't have the money due to cap penalties. Washington is out from under that and is now about $14 million under the projected cap. Jan. 28 - 12:31 pm et
Source: Washington Post
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

|||

Re: Aqib Talib

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:58 am

Talib would be a great pick up. He wont be cheap though. He has shown that he is one of the top corners in the league when healthy. We are the Redskins so Lord knows Snyder will pay. Not that I would be dissapointed. One thing I love about Snyder is he actually uses his money to try and improve the team.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:06 am

I know Talib has some connections to Allen and Morris. I kind of doubt that we will go this route though. And I think Talib will return to the Patriots.

If we're going to spend some real money at CB, how about going after Alterraun Verner?

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:25 am

Heres a thought. How about Ed Reed? The Veteran leadership couldnt hurt. I mean now that Fletcher is gone. Ed Reed shouldnt be too expensive. He should actually be on the cheap.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:05 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Heres a thought. How about Ed Reed? The Veteran leadership couldnt hurt. I mean now that Fletcher is gone. Ed Reed shouldnt be too expensive. He should actually be on the cheap.

He retired, didn't he?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:14 am

Reed was signed by the Jets after getting cut by the Texans. From my friends who are Texans fans, they were pretty clear he wasn't any good. No speed left anymore.

We don't need another safety who can't play...

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:56 am

PulpExposure wrote:Reed was signed by the Jets after getting cut by the Texans. From my friends who are Texans fans, they were pretty clear he wasn't any good. No speed left anymore.

We don't need another safety who can't play...

I agree... a team like the Ravens doesn't cut a player like Reed unless they have to... he was cooked, no longer able to make up for degrading physical skills with his intellect. Reed was a legend in B'more... I'm just a bit jealous that they had two on the same D at the same time.

We have paid heavily in the past for the "hire an old legend" trap... It almost never pays.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:47 pm

The idea is not overpay for him. I am not suggesting giving Reed an Albert Haynesworth size contract. I think giving Reed the Vet minimum wouldnt be a bad idea if he can still play.

Reed wasnt as bad as he looked last year. He was coming off hip surgery. The question is will Reed work hard in the off season? If he is indeed retired then this question is moot. Reed may not even have the desire to return? But if he does want to play and puts in a good off season rehab. Then I still think it wouldnt hurt to bring him in for a workout.

The best thing for this secondary would be if our draft picks end up getting better of course.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football