Falcons release Asante Samuels

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
CKRGiii

Falcons release Asante Samuels

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:24 pm

Is he on the decline? Can he be had for vet min?

Letting Wilson go is a sad reality cuts I like the guy but hated seeing him getting torched more then our rookie Amerson game after game. Worth a look and a workout imo
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Re: Falcons release Asante Samuels

Postby 3of5superbowlskins » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:42 am

No thanks. He is 33 going on 34. We need younger, long-term people. I'd much rather spend the money to go after a high end corner who is young, and can lock down his position for years to come such as Aqib Talib. The guy from the Titans looks pretty good too.

I think we start Talib and Hall (coming off one of his best seasons), and slowly work Amerson in.

I think we get Byrd from Buffalo and start Phillip Thomas along side of him

With the condition our secondary is in, we need to bring in young/high end talent who can form a unit that will be together long term.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:52 am

I actually agree on skipping on Asante. Too old for one. But for two, and much more importantly than one, if we resign hall, then we have our starting corners. I start Amerson, now, and hall. In my opinion the anticipated second year jump mixed with how he progressed last year makes him the other starter. The guy we are looking to bring in is the third corner.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby 3of5superbowlskins » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:55 am

I'm really excited to see how much will change with the defense now that Mike is gone. Did Haslett really not have any control over the details? Was Mike preventing him from bringing in the people he really wanted/needed? It will be interesting, but I can say one thing. IF the defense is next year what it was last year, HasLESS needs to go!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:54 am

I think if they get Jairus Byrd that Hall and Amerson will do just fine. If he could be had for 3rd corner money, that's a different story. Although Jairus will probly get tagged.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Return to General Manager's Office