Offensive line

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||

Offensive line

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:53 am

Just thinking out loud here. You know Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin are both good players. I heard through the media that the Dolphins tried to make Incognito the fall guy for the incident. Because Martin himself did not single out Incognito.

Just a thought. We could pick up one of them. I know Incognito is a beast. I think Martin is a solid player as well.

Too much drama? Do we need more reasons for the media to make stories up? Probably not. But they are good players.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Re: Offensive line

Postby fredp45 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:37 am

If I had to pick one it would be Incognito, he's a rugged player. I know one thing, he wouldn't "bully" Trent... Martin's actions make me think he's too soft to play OLine in the NFL.

There are plenty of other guys out there who are better, I'd pass.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:48 am

If I had to choose, based on what I know (reported, quotes and interviews), Martin. I don't know enough about either's skill level and ability to know if I think they'd actually be good pick ups. Given that Martin is a right tackle and Incognito a guard, I guess I'd go with Martin on that score too since our RT situation infuriates me more than our guard situation.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:59 pm

I wouldn't want either. We already have enough going on with a new coaching staff. And it appears that Incognito will be staying with the Dolphins. Incognito is also 30 and has a personality that may not mesh well with RGIII.

As far as Martin, irrespective of what was said to him or what he said, I wouldn't want a guy that rats out his entire team. Nor do I want a team that is walking on eggshells because he is sensitive.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:02 pm

No.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Who knows what exactly went down with those guys, but both of them struck me as a little bit mental and/or unstable.

I know we have a lot of needs on defense, but I'd be really happy to see the team go o-line with the 2d or 3d round pick. Antonio Richardson/Tennessee maybe?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:No.

Postby yupchagee » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:52 am

From what I have read, Incognito has had problems elsewhere. Martin was a solid starter before the blow up. I'd go after him.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:43 am

yupchagee wrote:From what I have read, Incognito has had problems elsewhere. Martin was a solid starter before the blow up. I'd go after him.

Why? So he can get his panties twisted here too? No thank you. I can't believe you guys are serious about this. If the guy was mistreated, more power to him, I hope he gets the help he needs. After reading the recently released texts, this guy and his lawyer/agent seriously tossed Icognito under the bus. This is DC, it's been 2 months and we've forgotten about the media firestorm that occurs almost yearly? No thank you. Martin is damaged goods.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:39 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
yupchagee wrote:From what I have read, Incognito has had problems elsewhere. Martin was a solid starter before the blow up. I'd go after him.

Why? So he can get his panties twisted here too? No thank you. I can't believe you guys are serious about this. If the guy was mistreated, more power to him, I hope he gets the help he needs. After reading the recently released texts, this guy and his lawyer/agent seriously tossed Icognito under the bus.

I'm with you on this. I'm not defending Incognito, but it seems likely to me that Martin at the least has some maturity issues, and more likely has some actual mental health problems.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:11 am

riggofan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Why? So he can get his panties twisted here too? No thank you. I can't believe you guys are serious about this. If the guy was mistreated, more power to him, I hope he gets the help he needs. After reading the recently released texts, this guy and his lawyer/agent seriously tossed Icognito under the bus.

I'm with you on this. I'm not defending Incognito, but it seems likely to me that Martin at the least has some maturity issues, and more likely has some actual mental health problems.

Agreed, which is fine. I'm not bashing the guy. But we just got rid of one circus and folks want to invite a new circus in... Like... I'm starting to think you guys WANT something to b*** about. You have to want it, there's no other explanation for it. Martin is not that good of a talent to warrant a FRACTION of the headache he'd bring. He has even received counseling or help for whatever health concerns he has? But you guys want to bring him on board. WTF.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:16 am

Moving on from Icognito and Martin... Just thought this was an interesting nugget on ESPN today. Man, it would be such a boost to see LeRibeus do something this year. We really need some payoff on a couple of those linemen we drafted!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/ ... and-o-line
But if they did want bigger and wanted to promote from within, then this is a huge offseason for Josh LeRibeus. As a former third-round pick, he should be challenging for a starting job by his third season. LeRibeus had a terrible offseason in 2013 and took much of the year to return to his end-of-rookie-season form. If a team is doing a good job developing talent, then a player such as LeRibeus should be ready to play a lot more now. Yes, a lot of that is on him. If he has a good offseason, he could be a factor.

But the way you help yourself when you need to cut players is by bumping up a young player. Otherwise, they can cut, say, Chris Chester and then have to find a somewhat expensive replacement. You're just spinning wheels after a while, in terms of creating cap space (which has typically been the Redskins' problem). It also limits a team's ability to then address other more costly issues.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:23 am

If you start rejecting NFL players because they have mental health issues, you wouldn't be able to field a team.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:42 pm

It will be interesting to see who's stock rises on the current roster. I think it's evident that Mike's evaluation techniques were questionable in some areas. His interaction with players was questionable, which is a fact.

So, WHO on this team was stuffed in the doghouse but could have really helped the team? We have a slew of o-linemen, they can't all be duds.

- Josh Morgan led the team in receptions his 1st year, drastically fell off the second and got in the dog house.
- Niles Paul, Mike's project... Said he reminded him of Sharpe... What really happened there? He's one of our best special teams players but never really got a chance to stretch the field.

I'm not trying to derail the thread but point out that Mike has opened roomed to doubt him. So, we may have to rethink our opinions of certain players. What we were fed, was it accurate...? We may have answers on the squad...

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:38 pm

I think you're completely right about that. The Shanahan dog house was like the pit of no return or something, so you gotta think some of these players are looking at a legitimate chance to prove they can play. I would love to see one of these o-line draft pick guys step up and make a case for himself.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football