Josh Wilson - DB

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Josh Wilson - DB

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:18 pm

Josh Wilson - DB - Redskins

The Redskins are not expected to re-sign free agent CB Josh Wilson.
Wilson started all 16 games opposite DeAngelo Hall this past season and moved into the slot in nickel packages, but he proved to be a big part of the Redskins' coverage problems. Washington wants to give second-year CB David Amerson a chance to earn significantly more playing time. Wilson turns 29 in March and will likely struggle to find multi-year contract offers.

Source: ESPN.com Feb 4 - 11:31 AM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Re: Josh Wilson - DB

Postby SKINS#1 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Does anyone think Minnifield will make the team this year, I am pulling for him to make his mark and help the CB position

swine

Postby cowboyhater4life » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:22 pm

I think we should move on from Hall and Wilson. =D>
R.I.P. Taylor!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:29 pm

I still want Hall on the team if he does not ask too much money. Wilson is not the answer look elsewhere.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:51 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:I still want Hall on the team if he does not ask too much money. Wilson is not the answer look elsewhere.

This.

I'm also hopeful chase and or Crawford can step their game up and make the team this year
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:55 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:I still want Hall on the team if he does not ask too much money. Wilson is not the answer look elsewhere.

Agree. Hall is an aging but above average CB. We should try to keep him but not to overpay. Overpaying for "twilight" players is what kills rosters.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Goodbye Wilson.

- I'm looking forward to Amerson filling in there.
- Hall deserves to be rewarded for the performance he gave.
- I'm looking forward to seeing us draft at least one of the taller CB's in the league.
- I'm hoping that we have the teaching and a pass rush to support a taller CB.
- I hope that Crawford can return to form, as that'll sure up two position.
- I'm curious to see what Minnifield is able to do.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Goodbye Wilson.

- I'm looking forward to seeing us draft at least one of the taller CB's in the league.

Yeah man. CB is supposedly one of the deeper positions in the draft this year.

I don't understand the continued hating on D. Hall. I know the defense was hard to watch last season, so maybe people just missed that Hall played pretty well. The coaches seem to want him back, seems like he wants to be back, I don't think we would have to overpay to make that happen. He's a good veteran guy who can get that job done while we hopefully groom a drafted guy.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:34 pm

riggofan wrote:I don't understand the continued hating on D. Hall.

Don't try to understand stupidity. In there eyes he's a "thug". :roll:

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Goodbye Wilson.

Me too. He has a bright future in DC.

I agree, if by "reward" you mean given another year-long contract at the vet minimum or something close to it — that is, another chance to continue playing in the NFL. (At his NFL "age," the vet minimum is pretty high.)

With Wilson gone we will need something more from somebody, whether that's someone we draft or one of our two projects finally stepping up their game. With the transition to Gruden and our . . . fluid . . . situation at safety, we don't need trouble at cornerback. But I'm afraid we'll be asking for it.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Postby yupchagee » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:49 am

I think vet min is too low. I'd give him more than this yr, maybe 1.5-2 mil. He's worth that.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:37 pm

yupchagee wrote:I think vet min is too low. I'd give him more than this yr, maybe 1.5-2 mil. He's worth that.

That's fine too. Not that much of a difference, really, and I agree that he's earned it.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:35 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I agree, if by "reward" you mean given another year-long contract at the vet minimum or something close to it — that is, another chance to continue playing in the NFL. (At his NFL "age," the vet minimum is pretty high.)

D. Hall deserves to be paid a fair salary for his performance. I believe he had one of the better years of his career, so I don't particulary subscribe to the idea that... He's not washed up. We aren't doing him a favor by signing him to a contract. He deserves a contract, he will play in this league if we don't sign him. D. Hall on a team with a pass rush that's worth a gotd*** would be highly effective. Our CB's get ZERO support. ZERO. There's no pass rush and garbage help from the safeties. So IMHO, it says a lot that he put up the performance that he did. And IMHO, our CB's are held back from performing to their potential due to the garbage surrounding them.

Let me say this... I don't think we have probowl CB's. :lol: But I truly believe that it's the hardest position to play in football. If it isn't the hardest, it's the second hardest. If you put Richard Sherman on last years defense, he wouldn't put up the same stats. He'd still be an amazing talent. But a CB cannot win if a QB has 8 seconds to throw. A CB cannot be aggressive if he knows his "help" is nowhere to be found.

Postby yupchagee » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:48 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I agree, if by "reward" you mean given another year-long contract at the vet minimum or something close to it — that is, another chance to continue playing in the NFL. (At his NFL "age," the vet minimum is pretty high.)

D. Hall deserves to be paid a fair salary for his performance. I believe he had one of the better years of his career, so I don't particulary subscribe to the idea that... He's not washed up. We aren't doing him a favor by signing him to a contract. He deserves a contract, he will play in this league if we don't sign him. D. Hall on a team with a pass rush that's worth a gotd*** would be highly effective. Our CB's get ZERO support. ZERO. There's no pass rush and garbage help from the safeties. So IMHO, it says a lot that he put up the performance that he did. And IMHO, our CB's are held back from performing to their potential due to the garbage surrounding them.

Let me say this... I don't think we have probowl CB's. :lol: But I truly believe that it's the hardest position to play in football. If it isn't the hardest, it's the second hardest. If you put Richard Sherman on last years defense, he wouldn't put up the same stats. He'd still be an amazing talent. But a CB cannot win if a QB has 8 seconds to throw. A CB cannot be aggressive if he knows his "help" is nowhere to be found.

+1
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:14 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:D. Hall deserves to be paid a fair salary for his performance. I believe he had one of the better years of his career, so I don't particulary subscribe to the idea that... He's not washed up. We aren't doing him a favor by signing him to a contract. He deserves a contract, he will play in this league if we don't sign him. D. Hall on a team with a pass rush that's worth a gotd*** would be highly effective. Our CB's get ZERO support. ZERO. There's no pass rush and garbage help from the safeties. So IMHO, it says a lot that he put up the performance that he did. And IMHO, our CB's are held back from performing to their potential due to the garbage surrounding them.

Yeah, I heard a lot of talk about how the Seattle D was built "back to front" but I'm not buying. The play both 3-4 and 4-3 and they go 325, 310, and 305 up front with plenty of depth at the same size. To have a true nose allowing Cofield to be a monster DE ... Wilson might even look pretty good.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football