Redskins' Projected Lineup from Pro Football Focus

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Redskins' Projected Lineup from Pro Football Focus

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:18 am

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -redskins/

2 weeks old but interesting. They say we have zero elite starters, 2 high quality starters (Alf and Trent), 4 solid starters (Garcon, Montgomery, Reed, and Cofield), 4 adequate starters (Griff, Licht, Polumbus, Kerrigan) 7 below average starters (almost 1/3 of the team - Hank, Paulsen, Chester, Robinson, Amerson, Bowen, Carriker), 1 poor starter (Rambo), and 6 unknowns.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---

Re: Redskins' Projected Lineup from Pro Football Focus

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:29 am

DarthMonk wrote:https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/02/10/projected-lineups-washington-redskins/

2 weeks old but interesting. They say we have zero elite starters, 2 high quality starters (Alf and Trent), 4 solid starters (Garcon, Montgomery, Reed, and Cofield), 4 adequate starters (Griff, Licht, Polumbus, Kerrigan) 7 below average starters (almost 1/3 of the team - Hank, Paulsen, Chester, Robinson, Amerson, Bowen, Carriker), 1 poor starter (Rambo), and 6 unknowns.

Interesting. But I'd wager that those rankings change if/when RGIII is back to form. I'd be curious to see what the rankings were after his rookie year. I'd bet that the offensive line was ranked higher. If Robert had finished the season helthy, he would have been ranked as an elite starter. Also, if Garcon has a complimentary receiver, he could get into the elite category potentially. Hell, he led the league in 2-3 stats last year and that's saying a lot for how putrid the offense was...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/02/10/projected-lineups-washington-redskins/

Interesting. But I'd wager that those rankings change if/when RGIII is back to form. I'd be curious to see what the rankings were after his rookie year. I'd bet that the offensive line was ranked higher. If Robert had finished the season helthy, he would have been ranked as an elite starter. Also, if Garcon has a complimentary receiver, he could get into the elite category potentially. Hell, he led the league in 2-3 stats last year and that's saying a lot for how putrid the offense was...

Agreed.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:12 pm

Garcon is a high quality starter. So is Perry Riley. Griffin as adequate? That's a bit harsh.

BTW - Montgomery is over rated.

Trent Williams is elite. I think RGIII and Morris will enter that category as well.

I think our "high quality starters will wind up being:

Jordan Reed
Pierre Garcon
Perry Riley
Ryan Kerrigan (he battled an injury last season)
Brian Orakpo

I'd add D Hall to the "solid category"
SPIT HAPPENS!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:12 am

The Hogster wrote:Garcon is a high quality starter. So is Perry Riley. Griffin as adequate? That's a bit harsh.

I thought so too at first, but then I clicked around the site for a while and realized that they are going strictly by last year's performance, and their metrics have high standards for what counts as good, solid, or elite. Notice also that they have him as likely to change for the better (that's the blue outline on his circle).

BTW - Montgomery is over rated.

Trent Williams is elite. I think RGIII and Morris will enter that category as well.

I think our "high quality starters will wind up being:

Jordan Reed
Pierre Garcon
Perry Riley
Ryan Kerrigan (he battled an injury last season)
Brian Orakpo

I'd add D Hall to the "solid category"

Agreed with all of these.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:35 pm

we really do have some players to build around and are not as 'bad' as this publication indicates

that being said I think we're going to see a lot of changes plus the defense needs a defensive play caller/leader

On offense we have Griffin and Morris to build around - and T Williams, Garcon and Reed are high quality starters

On defense we have Kerrigan, Orakpo and Riley and D Hall is a plus

same old game plan here - hopefully, we can be competitive again soon - we'll all be anticipating a big year for the Redskins in 2015
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football