Pre Free Agency Roster Moves

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Pre Free Agency Roster Moves

Postby 1niksder » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:46 pm

Redskins announced that they have released Adam Carriker, Sav Rocca, Jawan Jamison, Davin Meggett and Richard Quinn.

Carriker frees up $2.99M in cap space, Rocca saves $1.2M the other three adds another $1.48M in space
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

cappster

Re: Pre Free Agency Roster Moves

Postby Cappster » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:19 pm

It's nice to see "Mr. Shank it twenty yards" get the boot. His punting was awful.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:32 am

I'd love to see Carriker back in a reserve role.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:33 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'd love to see Carriker back in a reserve role.

I think that was the plan.... bring him back with a cap friendly, incentive laden contract at or near the vet minimum. Now I'm hearing that's no longer the plan and that he won't be returning.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:37 am

1niksder wrote:

I think that was the plan.... bring him back with a cap friendly, incentive laden contract at or near the vet minimum. Now I'm hearing that's no longer the plan and that he won't be returning.

He's been out for so long. Who knows if he's even going to be able to make a comeback?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:41 am

1niksder wrote:

According to Kiem, it's less of a definite. Carriker stated that the team will work him out in June. Thats the extent of any promise he's been given.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:43 pm

Carriker was key for the formidable line we had before he got injured. He didn't get many sacks but he caved in his side of the line. He caused holes our linebackers could get through.

Postby 1niksder » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:41 am

Not a Redskins move but a NFL move/rumor....

Tanard Jackson will be reinstated, after being suspended for almost two seasons....

:shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:56 am

1niksder wrote:Not a Redskins move but a NFL move/rumor....

Tanard Jackson will be reinstated, after being suspended for almost two seasons....

Great news. According to fans, he has been the key missing link in our secondary.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:09 pm

Sweet but Tanard Jackson is going to be rusty. If it happens soon enough maybe we draft another and Jackson is our veteran. That will save a few bucks.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:31 pm

I suspect he's close to done at this point. No way he's been working like a dog to stay in shape every day the past two years. But if he does have some life left in him, he could be useful as a backup.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Postby 1niksder » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:41 am

Irn-Bru wrote:

I suspect he's close to done at this point. No way he's been working like a dog to stay in shape every day the past two years. But if he does have some life left in him, he could be useful as a backup.

I don't know about staying in shape the past two years but I was told he was ready to walk into camp last year prepared to be the starter, and if that wasn't the case he'd be back the next day to take the job. That being said... not being reinstated last season had to put a damper on his motivation.

But who knows... we heard he was being reinstated last off-season, right around this time :?
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:19 am

It'd be interesting to see what happens if he is reinstated. I can not remember since it has been two years, but is he still under contract with us for the year if he is reinstated or is he now a free agent? If he is under contract, IF that contract is reasonable for a guy like him, IF the skins decide keeping is worth the risk of his messing up again, IFIF he can still play, then I agree with Kilmer in part, he could be a solution to one position of need right now, free safety, saving us from having to get a FS in the draft this year and probably spending free agent bucks on one as well.

Just have no idea how we are going to answer those IFs between his being reinstated and FA starting. We're probably going to have to sign a FA FS no matter what happens with him because of timing alone.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:21 am

Think I read somewhere that Carriker might be having another surgery to clean things up. If/when he's healed or healthy enough to play, I'm sure the Skins will get the first chance to work him out since his family already lives here.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football