Byrd to be a FA

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Re: Byrd to be a FA

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:23 am

emoses14 wrote:I've got this nagging optimism about the skins due almost entirely to what you just pointed out. I'm trying not to let it show too much because, well, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice. . .

I also anticipate a very, very driven, angry, and dangerous Robert Griffin III next year and for years to come. My gut (which is hugely accurate, always) is telling me he is not the kind of person to take the bull spit that went on last year lightly. I'm hopeful that he does with slights what Michael Jordan used to do with them.

My stance is this. The team could do everything right and still have things NOT work out. Sometimes, that's how things shake out. If the team is putting forth a best effort and moving in an improved direction year-to-year, I can find satisfaction in that.

2013 at a macro level, was a disaster. But compare where we are today, to where we were when Mike 1st took the team over and your perspective (if ur a reasonable person) should change. we're in a better place, hopefully Gruden moves us much further along. So on and so on. It's a process, we're improving.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:05 am

Well said. I especially agree with point about where Gruden is starting vs. where Shanahan started.

I'm pretty optimistic that RGIII will have a better year. I also believe the defense won't (can't) be as atrocious as they were last year and I'm 100% certain the special teams will be better. I don't know if all this will be enough to be a playoff team or even feel like we are a "good" team, but I think we'll be better than 3-13.

On the bright side, you gotta be glad we're not the Cowboys this year. Holy cow.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:12 pm

riggofan wrote:
brad7686 wrote:unless they get clemons they screwed up. FS has plagued them for years, and all the other options are dwindling fast. As hard as they've been pursuing corners so far, maybe they are trying to move hall to S.

Forget that. I don't care how much we need a safety, I am glad as hell they didn't pay this kind of money for Byrd. This guy will be in N.O. for two years at most on that contract.

Look at some of the guys who are getting released right now. Peppers, Revis, Tuck, etc; A bunch of big name FAs who signed ridiculous contracts two or three years ago and weren't remotely worth the money or affordable in the long run. We did this stuff for YEARS.

Well, the Peppers deal was pretty much the same thing we did to get the $36 million cap hit, so he was affordable.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:34 pm

we are getting better and the way the franchise is being managed gives me a lot of hope

we are finally out from under the effects of Snyder's woeful mis management and while it will take another season to finally overcome the BS cap hit, we are in pretty good shape - we have a franchise QB that is going to show he's worth a lot more than what we we gave up and we have some good to great young players to build around on both offense and defense

this FO will find a way to get Griffin the fortune he deserves with his new contract and at the same time be able to afford to surround him with both and offense and defense that will keep the franchise competing in the playoffs each year

it's not all happening this season but this is where it all begins

the restraint being shown with regards to adding players is a great indication that this group has a clue how to best rebuild this franchise
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football