Skins sign LB Akeem Jordan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Skins sign LB Akeem Jordan

Postby ArlingtonSkinsFan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:40 am

per ESPN

Plays inside, and is apparently a Special Teams stud.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10631 ... ordan-deal
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -Vince Lombardi

Hog

Re: Skins sign LB Akeem Jordan

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:56 am

Help on ST is much needed. Glad to see this being addressed.

I like having some options at ILB now too. It will be good to not be totally boxed in by needs in the draft, so they can focus on grabbing the best players available.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:33 am

Jordan started 10 games as for the Chiefs last season, notching 67 tackles and two forced fumbles, after spending the previous six seasons in Philadelphia. The 28-year-old lined up primarily at left inside linebacker in Kansas City's 3-4 scheme.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:36 am

I think this is a very good signing! I think our defense will be very stout. I think our front 7 are going to ravage offenses!!! My only question is can Haslett create some new blitzes?? Can he stay aggressive the whole season........Jenkins at one end, Hatcher the other, I think we need a bigger NT than Cofield. Can't wait to at least the preseason to see who starts and plays well.....

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:10 am

riggofan wrote:Help on ST is much needed. Glad to see this being addressed. I like having some options at ILB now too.
It will be good to not be totally boxed in by needs in the draft, so they can focus on grabbing the best players available.

:lol: who's the more optimistic one now?

don't get me wrong - I like the 'restraint' but there is a lot of players needed here to both play and provide depth ...

we're going to see a huge turnover both this year and leading into next season
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:41 am

SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:Help on ST is much needed. Glad to see this being addressed. I like having some options at ILB now too.
It will be good to not be totally boxed in by needs in the draft, so they can focus on grabbing the best players available.

:lol: who's the more optimistic one now?

ha! I'm not sure I wrote anything especially optimistic there, did I? I do like the sane approach though!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:34 pm

riggofan wrote:Help on ST is much needed. Glad to see this being addressed.

I can't remember, did we ever hire a ST coach?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Yeah remember we got the guy from the Jets, Ben Kotwica.

I'll be happy if I have completely forgotten his name by December.

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:06 am

As a JMU alum, this signing warms my heart! He is a tackle machine, obviously no replacement for an all pro like London Fletcher, but he is similar in mold. He is a bit undersized, but is very football intelligent. Great in run support, not so much in pass protection, like many LBs. I think we will see him sparingly at ILB as a 2nd string rotation and a primary leader on ST. Andy Reid and Philly loved him and Andy took him to KC. Not sure why he left unless on his own accord to be back on the East Coast and close to family and the money? Either that or from Andy Reid's POV he is 28 and basically at or past his peak performance.

Overall, great pickup for depth and adds character that will be missed from a leader like London Fletcher. You need smart LBs to anchor the D, and this signing helps.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:55 am

FanofallthatisGibbs wrote:As a JMU alum, this signing warms my heart! He is a tackle machine, obviously no replacement for an all pro like London Fletcher, but he is similar in mold. He is a bit undersized, but is very football intelligent. Great in run support, not so much in pass protection, like many LBs. I think we will see him sparingly at ILB as a 2nd string rotation and a primary leader on ST. Andy Reid and Philly loved him and Andy took him to KC. Not sure why he left unless on his own accord to be back on the East Coast and close to family and the money? Either that or from Andy Reid's POV he is 28 and basically at or past his peak performance.

Overall, great pickup for depth and adds character that will be missed from a leader like London Fletcher. You need smart LBs to anchor the D, and this signing helps.

+1
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:21 pm

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Yeah, remember we got the guy from the Jets, Ben Kotwica. - I'll be happy if I have completely forgotten his name by December.

+1 - any players that we can add that not only provide depth but also are more willing to play ST, the better ...

The ST performance or lack thereof was more due to the lack of suitable players than the coach ...
that being said, we definitely need an upgrade in the players that better suit playing special teams
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football