Biggers back with better eyes

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Biggers back with better eyes

Postby Mississippi Hog » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:31 am

Hog

Re: Biggers back with better eyes

Postby Hooligan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:12 pm

Nice. It pissed me off when Carlos Rogers left here after dropping almost every ball that hit his hands, then got laser surgery and tore it up for another team.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Hooligan wrote:Nice. It pissed me off when Carlos Rogers left here after dropping almost every ball that hit his hands, then got laser surgery and tore it up for another team.

He didn't really "tear it up." He was basically the same player +3 more interceptions, putting him on the fringes of the Pro Bowl (which is basically where he resided for us).

And in case you hadn't noticed, after that one season he more or less went back to "normal" and the 49ers have since released him.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:35 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
Hooligan wrote:Nice. It pissed me off when Carlos Rogers left here after dropping almost every ball that hit his hands, then got laser surgery and tore it up for another team.

He didn't really "tear it up." He was basically the same player +3 more interceptions, putting him on the fringes of the Pro Bowl (which is basically where he resided for us).

And in case you hadn't noticed, after that one season he more or less went back to "normal" and the 49ers have since released him.

I noticed and wondered why. He was always a good cover corner. Not great but good. They are hard to find.

I'm just speculating here but maybe it was a personality thing.

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Every time I hear about Biggers' eye surgery it reminds me of the lynch mob scene in Django :lol:
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

I noticed and wondered why. He was always a good cover corner. Not great but good. They are hard to find.

I'm just speculating here but maybe it was a personality thing.

I think the 49ers found they had overpaid for him. If I recall correctly, they signed him to a one-year deal initially, after which he had that career season, and then once he got the real money he went back to his old form — not bad, but not all pro, either.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football