Rob Jackson Returns!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Rob Jackson Returns!

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Which I think is great for depth and special teams.

But according to this report he's going to get more snaps because 'Ryan Kerrigan is gone'

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/04/redskins-bring-rob-jackson-back-again/

Can someone please tell me where Ryan Kerrigan has gone...?

:hmm:

Let me know and I'll go get him...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Re: Rob Jackson Returns!

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:35 pm

Where did you see anything about Kerrigan being gone? #-o I think you might have just mis-read the article.

Kerrigan could be a FA next year, but the team can exercise an option on him and bring him back at a pretty affordable number. He's not going anywhere.

Good news about Rob Jackson though - and surprising! It definitely looked earlier like he would be gone this year.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:44 pm

riggofan wrote:Where did you see anything about Kerrigan being gone? #-o I think you might have just mis-read the article.

Kerrigan could be a FA next year, but the team can exercise an option on him and bring him back at a pretty affordable number. He's not going anywhere.

Good news about Rob Jackson though - and surprising! It definitely looked earlier like he would be gone this year.

Ah, they've corrected it and taken it out.

The article originally said that Jackson 'was in line to see more snaps with Ryan Kerrigan gone'. I can only presume they were thinking about London Fletcher.

OK, nothing to see here, move along...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Hilarious! I was wondering if that was the case, because the article was so short when I looked at it. I couldn't figure out how you could have misread it.

That's still good news about Rob Jackson though. I was thinking about the draft the other day that one of the "need" positions might actually be some depth behind Rak and Kerrigan. Rob Jackson is a guy we know can fill the spot.

Weird though that he apparently didn't get any offers to start somewhere else. Probably doesn't help to be a player coming from last year's Redskins "defense".

This is what SI said about him just two weeks ago: "One of the better pass rushers that is still available to sign is Washington Redskins outside linebacker Rob Jackson, who spent last season as a reserve."

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:23 pm

:celebrate:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:48 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
riggofan wrote:Where did you see anything about Kerrigan being gone? #-o I think you might have just mis-read the article.

Ah, they've corrected it and taken it out.

The article originally said that Jackson 'was in line to see more snaps with Ryan Kerrigan gone'. I can only presume they were thinking about London Fletcher.

OK, nothing to see here, move along...
Perhaps the writer was English... :-"
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:49 pm

Irn-Bru wrote::celebrate:
Agree... What Rob lacks in talent, he makes up for in fire in his belly...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

swine

Postby Colorado Skin Fan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:56 pm

I'm sure his suspension last year and having 1 strike now didn't play to his advantage on the open market. He proved to be more than a capable back-up 2 years ago when Rak went down. Great move that provides some insurance in case Brandon Jenkins doesn't take a step up this year or can't stay healthy.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football