10-Year Club

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

10-Year Club

Postby BossHog » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:50 pm

Hi Everybody,

I never dreamed when I started this site way back when, the ride that I would embark on.

I can't believe it has already been 12 years, and I can't believe that there are now people that have been coming to this site for more than 10 years. It makes me very proud to have built something that people have found so useful, and so burgundy and gold, for so long.

The message board started in the summer of 2003, so if you have been here 10 years or more, you have been here since basically the very beginning; and while EVERY person that ever frequents this place for 10 years is special to me, the ones that have already done so, are even more special.

I couldn't find an easy way for me to extract the data i wanted to, from the forum database. i can pull out has been a member for more than 10 years, but not easily pull out if they are still active. There are many things preventing this from being done accurately, so I won't go into details.

i figure my best bet is just to poll the forum, and ask. So...

If you have been a member of this board since April of 2004 (any date in April) I want to know. I'm going to acknowledge you all in some small way as a way of saying thanks for giving me 10 years of your burgundy and gold time. Sound off in this thread, if you are one of these devout THNers.

Also, I'm going to do the same for EVERY board member that has been a member for 10 years at some point during the 2014 season. So ANYBODY who has been a member since 2004, should sound off in this thread, so I have record of who to acknowledge each month of the 2014 year.

I can['t afford to give each of you a gift, but we will come up with something funky... maybe a draw amongst the 10 year vets for something cool, or something like that.

Regardless, sound off if you're a 10-year vet.

And while I have the attention of those that fit this bill, I just wanted to offer you my heartfelt appreciation for making THn a part of your life, for such a milestone period of both of our lives. Hail to you.

Hail to you all.

- BH
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Re: 10-Year Club

Postby Hooligan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:50 pm

I joined in August of 2004 and can't believe it's already 10 years ago.

Thank YOU for this site
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:16 pm

Joined in Oct 2004. Boy how time flies. Thanks for making this site in the first place Boss. You know Skins fans needed a place to vent for most of the time of this sites existence. Since our team has been mostly losing. But things are now looking up. We have a franchise QB,RB and looking like our offense will be very potent. We picked up some patch work defensive players so we should be winning the division.

Anyhow back to the subject. I cant believe its been ten years. Or ten in Oct at least.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:47 pm

I had been disillusioned by the "biggest" Redskins fan site. My son sent me a link to one that, he said, was actually loaded with intelligent fans, and which not only tolerated those who disagreed, but encouraged discussion. Jan 9, 2004.

Thanks for the hangout, Mark!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:55 pm

Goodness, I don't even remember how I found this forum... Jeez... 10+ years, where the hell did the time go?!
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:40 pm

January 2004...never a dull moment with our Redskins. Thanks for all your hardwork and passion for the best sports team anywhere.
Last edited by GoSkins on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:41 pm

I found the site in 2003, but lurked for months before joining. Thanks for 10 great years, Boss, but I missed your cut by a couple of months.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:04 am

On Nov 16, at 4:58 pm I'll be in the 9-Year Club.

8)
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby ferryrich » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:21 am

Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:40 pm

I rarely post, but read new posts almost daily on my phone and really enjoy the match day threads.
Its always my first call for skins news

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:20 am

Joined Jan. 2004. THANKS for your efforts in maintaining this site.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:49 am

Holy cow! I am in the 10 year club. I'm finding that cool, surprising and a little depressing! I apparently joined the site a few months before I became a dad for the first time.

Anyway, I hope I've complimented you on running such a good website and for keeping up with upgrading it occasionally. Personally I enjoy the community and the online debates, and I've picked up a lot of good information over the years. Mostly though, I think this website has helped me maintain my sanity and keep up my spirits during the many tough years of being a Redskins fan. Its like a support group for the perpetually disappointed and aggravated. :)

Thanks!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:06 am

I was drawn to the site in 2003/2004 by the 'input' of CLL, FIOS, Jake, tcwest and many others ... Joe Gibbs came back and I decided to be a part of THN

February 2004 - the only Redskins fan site I use ...

my thanks to Boss Hog and the staff for all the great work ...
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:44 am

This site was my facebook before I had facebook as in it was a place I could come and talk about pretty much anything. I took me a couple of years to sign up, but I was lurking before I deicded to join in on the conversation.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:17 am

I want to say thanks to all the diehard redskins fans on this forum for giving me some great insight.Also at times some back and forths mixing it up but we all are in it together.So thanks to Mark for making this site what it is today and still going strong. 10 years boy time does indeed fly by and glad I was able to search this site and be apart of some of the greatest redskin fans around..

thanks mark =D>
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:31 am

I barely made the cut. :)

Thank YOU for the past 10 years, Mark. It's been amazing to have a home among real fans. I've learned so much by sticking around.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football